Women Like Their Phones More Than Sex

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Syzygys, May 25, 2013.

1. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

It is easy to understand. A cellphone is quick to recharge, always there for you, listen to your talking, and you can use it for hours and hours. Unlike men and sex.... Oh yes and it vibrates on cue....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Yes, I've seen women using their vibrating cell phones as sex toys before.:thumbsup:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. IncogNegro Banned Banned

Damn someone got to the funny first!!!
    So not cool Buddah your going on my naughty list!
    No belly rubs for you!

I think people are just mainly plugged into phones in general... Boring.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Ummmm, belly rubs...PURRRRRRRRRR! LOL!

8. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

'Smart phones' are the crack cocaine of contemporary America. It often appears to me, sadly, that many persons use them to fill their lives. 7 of 10 Americans confess to using a cell phone while driving. They kill themselves and a lot of other people doing that. I suspect that the dialogue involved is identical to the dialogue I overhear from those same people when they use that cell phone in a public place like the store or post office. Overwhelmingly it is trivial and banal, mere surface fluff and nonsense.

I ask myself what drives this behavior. :shrug: I suspect that one who fills their life with a portable digital device that they are in constant interaction with does so due to their belief that their real world life is somehow less meaningful or important. This is very much like a strong drug, taking the user into their own warm personal space regardless of where their physical body is.

I cannot participate in this obsessive behavior as many of the places I go are dangerous and I must be aware of my surroundings so I am not harmed or harm others. Further, as a Buddhist I firmly believe that we should always be in the here and now, fully engaged with our surroundings and tasks at hand.

It is wonderful to speak with friends and family, not-so-much when you do so while ignoring the real people you are actually there with at the time.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!