Women are better drivers.....AHAHAHAHA!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mikenostic, Dec 23, 2008.

1. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

'Women are minor fender benders'? That author hasn't seen me do a near vertical angle and mangle the car into pieces....

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

I read an interesting article some years ago about that very issue. They concluded that, males being the better drivers, would always try to get out of the way of some idiot woman driver doing something stupid .....and in so doing have their own accident. ...while the woman driver continued on without a second glance at the accident that SHE caused.

Baron Max

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

most new drivers cant drive for crap. men are more prone to doing stupid things behind the wheel in order to prove they can drive.

8. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

So true

I remember my mother side swiping 6 parked cars in a row without realising

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

My mother and sisters can drive pretty much perfectly.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

This morning, there was a snow storm, and I had to take my wife to work.

I was behind a woman, as we went down the on ramp, She was extremely safe about entering the traffic flow, she did so at 25 mph, I know as I was stuck behind her, the traffic flow was at 50 mph, and both lanes were full, she got on the highway safely, but she put 4 other cars in the ditch from the traffic flow as they tried not run her over.

Last year, I was on the way down to a medical appointment, I was headed south on Hwy 34, a rural highway, it T's into Hwy 10 a east west route, the lady in the car in front of me, while driving, had her visor down, using the mirror to put makeup on and fix her hair, all the while doing 60 mph, well guess what, She missed the intersection stop sign, She didn't even see the intersection coming up, She ended up 150 yards out into a swamp, she had passed between two Tractor Trailer Rigs, one of them ended up in the same swamp, the other one set his tires on fire trying to slow down, and not hit the Idiot, and then she got mad at me because I checked on the Truck driver and didn't help her get out of her car and out of the swamp.

She actually told the State Trooper that it was my fault for not blowing the horn and warning her the Intersection was coming up.

11. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

I'm a women and a good drive, nothing funny about that but...I don't think "women" are the better drivers.

12. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I think collectively neither sex is the better driver than the other. They are equally bad for different reasons.
    Men do tend to take more chances which can result in more dire results if they lose. But at least they pay attention to the road and know whats' going on. A lot of women seem to not pay attention and are notorious for just not taking the aspect of driving seriously.

13. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

What was the trooper's response?

That kinda reminded me of that police video where the cop pulled this woman over and had to eventually zap her. Here it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciBSwHiSQko
    She got exactly what she deserved. I LOLed profusely when I first saw this vid.

51mph in a 35. Better drivers my ASS.

14. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

agreed. I feel just about the same but both genders sometimes fail to see both sides, the observation and the attentiveness.

15. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I'll be the first to admit that occasionally I do drive just like the article stereotypes. But that depends on which vehicle I'm in. I have a 2005 Subaru WRX and a 1989 beater Acura Integra. I will take more chances in the WRX because it is a much more capable vehicle than the Integra.
    But at all times, I pay attention to the road. I'm always looking around, checking my mirrors assessing situations and what not.
    I'm also a stickler for using turn signals. Something a lot of people (both genders) don't know how to do.

16. Ghost_007 Registered Senior Member

Haha - so true.

It takes women longer to learn how to drive, and even when they have their license they lack confidence on the road and are easily intimidated. Men on the other hand can be very rude and inconsiderate, generally speaking van drivers are probably the worst.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

:roflmao:then:

A Ticket, for Inattentive Driving, Running a Stop Sign, Failure to Yield, Causing a Accident, and then the Department of Natural Resources gave Her a citation for a Gas Spill, and Polluting a Water Source, and the Swamp.

That is called Felony Stupid, Alligator Mouth, overloading Her, Tweety Bird Asshole, and it shit all over Her.

When the Man says Taser, You say, Yes Sir, When the Man says Taser, You say, Right Away Sir, When the Man says Taser You say, anything You say Sir, When the Man says Taser, You do it.

I was coming out of a Bar down the road from were I live, and the Police had guy pulled over who had just left the Bar, He was on Probation, so I watched, and He got Felony Stupid, and ran his mouth, till He got the Tase, He was all pumped up about how the Cops weren't going to Fu@k with Him, and that he was going home, yep, He went home, right to the cell with his bed and name on it, Home for the next 90 days, after a short dance with Mister Taser, dam it was funny watching Him turn from 90 proof Super Man to a pile of quivering jelly in 1/2 of a second.

It must have been the Kryptonite that Got Him.

18. Bells Staff Member

Really?

I've been driving for nearly 20 years now and have never had an accident. With two exceptions.. one when I was reversing with my father's trailer on my 21st birthday and it jack knifed around and slammed into the side of the car.. I'd stopped when I saw it shift to the side but it slid and kept on going. Reason was because the peon's who'd loaded the hire chairs onto it had not loaded it correctly and it was severely unbalanced. Wet conditions and the result was a dint in the side of my father's new car. Only reason he didn't kill me was because it was my birthday.

As to your comments about men paying attention. Heh.. I remember waiting to reverse out of a car park once and I was sitting there while the guy behind me reversed out of his space. He came flying out of the park and slammed into the back of my car. His excuse? He apparently didn't see my car there behind him. My car was still in park and idling as I waited for him to reverse first (he started his car first).

And then of course there was an accident I was witness to 2 weeks ago while we were out car shopping. A young guy failed to notice the red light and the cars stopped at the lights. So much so he went around them, mounted the footpath and slammed side on into an SUV carrying a family of four with such speed that the SUV was turned onto it's side. I guess he really knew what was going on.

This morning, I went out to get a few last minute Christmas gifts and was stopped at a set of lights and looking in the mirror behind me as a fairly large van came flying down the lane I was in with no indication that the male driver was going to stop. I swerved into the emergency stop lane to my left and the middle aged male driver slammed into the car in front of me. Had I not reacted and moved out of that lane, he'd have slammed into the back of my car. Yeah.. he was really paying attention and thought the lights would have changed by the time he got to the intersection so he didn't bother slowing down.

Just about every single accident I have come across has been caused by male drivers not paying attention. There was an accident on the freeway a few years ago when two young guys in their car were speeding and smashed into the back of a car driven by a lovely lady who subsequently became paralysed as a result of the accident (she was doing the speed limit on the freeway). The only accident I ever saw where the female driver was at fault was when a very elderly lady suffered a heart attack at the wheel and swerved across the median strip, across in front my car and the car next to me (we were the oncoming traffic) and ended up in a ditch.

Both sexes have their faults on the road. The worst drivers (regardless of sex) are the one's in the SUV's. They never seem to check lanes before changing. Never bother with stop signs or give way signs. And as for multi-lane roundabouts.. Both sexes can't seem to grasp the fact that two lanes turning does not equate to one large lane and both male and female drivers seem to swerve and drive in the middle of both lanes, regardless of whether you're in your lane turning next to them.

I have noticed a general lack of care from others (again, regardless of sex) while driving and it is getting worse and worse. It includes lack of basic knowledge on how to handle a car and worst of all, how to stick to one's own lane. Personally, I think it should be mandatory to redo driving tests every few years and if you fail, then you lose your license and don't get it back until you pass the test.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

According to statistics women are just slightly ahead of men when accidents happen. From WIKI>>>>

"Women have on average 5.7 accidents per million miles driven while men have 5.2 accidents per million miles driven. Therefore, women are more likely to have a car accident."