Woman says 'Pool's closed' notice is racist

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by angrybellsprout, Jul 15, 2008.

1. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

I don't think that the trolls understand how a census works.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. lepustimidus Banned Banned

Tiassa:
    So your excuse for using a source of information which warns the audience to : "expect blatant, biased lies, and expect boring truths to get deleted quickly." is that you can't find more reliable sources? Are you for real?

I object to the citation as a whole, Tiassa, because the whole purpose of Encyclopaedia Dramatica is to sacrifice accuracy for hilarity, making it an intrinsically unreliable source. Note that attempting to compare Dramatica to Wikipedia is fallacious at best, dishonest at worse (hint: compare the intentions of both sites). But I've come to expect nothing better from you.

But back to my original demand. If what Dramatica states is indeed correct, it shouldn't be too difficult for you to provide a more reliable independent source with corroborates it, right? How about a statement from someone who's employed the 'Pool's Closed' meme in the past? Or a veteran of 4chan? Just make sure that the disclaimer on their blog doesn't say 'The purpose of this site is to publish as many hilarious untruths as possible', 'kay?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Warlexco Registered Member

History is just that - history. I know what blacks have gone through in the past, but that does NOT make a minor racist prank newsworthy! Nobody died.. someone just put up a sign. Shocking, I know.

Sure, the prank was inappropriate and the perpetrator should be dealt with, but the real villain imho is the MOTHER. The pool owner came to her out of respect and discretion, and she compounds the situation by bringing the police (petty) and the media (inexcusable). The media attention thrust the problem into the faces of the children, which is counter-intuitive when you consider that as a white woman.. her only real interest in the situation is the children! She showed a clear lack of sound judgement, and they suffered because of it.

8. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Minor racist prank?

Now we are back to having to prove that it was racist.