Woman Accused of Microwaving Baby to Death

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Charles_Wong, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Charles_Wong Registered Senior Member

Would anyone like to make an argument as to why the mother should not be sterilized if she is found guilty of this? We could at least eliminate one source of psychopathology genes:

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - A mother was arrested on suspicion of murdering her newborn daughter by microwaving the baby in an oven. China Arnold, 26, was jailed Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, more than a year after she brought her dead month-old baby to a hospital. Bail was set Tuesday at $1 million.

"We have reason to believe, and we have some forensic evidence that is consistent with our belief, that a microwave oven was used in this death," said Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office.

[ . . . ]

Complete text at http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061129/D8LMF0J00.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

OMG, I am petrified. thats like only 100 miles from me...what horror.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

She's obviously got some severe mental issues.

The last thing any mother with her marbles would want to do is microwave her baby to death.

I say they clip her fallopian tubes. It should be reversible if she gets her act together in the future, maybe?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. original sine Registered Senior Member

Sterilized and then microwaved to death. Just so she can really know what she did.

8. draqon Banned Banned

ummm....with the things they do in Toledo...and Detroit....microwaving babies in ovens is cakes.

9. Charles_Wong Registered Senior Member

Not something I personally would support: I'm a softy in this respect: I don't care for torture: just life in prison.

10. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

She should be flogged till death publically.

As should all capital crime offenders.

11. Charles_Wong Registered Senior Member

I don't think there is anything immoral in the death penalty itself: rather, there are many cases of wrong jury verdicts, so I would not wish to wrongly put someone to death. Rather, life in prison, so that future evidence, if found, could potentially vindicate the accused.

12. draqon Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Pray to your Gods, pray to your destiny, for it is near...

13. original sine Registered Senior Member

Whatever the court of law declares, it will not be justified. First degree murder and a crazy bitch.

14. draqon Banned Banned

Everything can be justified, everything can be and should be forgiven, do not let hatred into your life and that of others.

I am sure she recognizes the evil she has done, it has now come time to reconcile with the action and move on. Problem is not resolved by eliminating it without any understanding, problem is resolved by resolving the problem.

15. original sine Registered Senior Member

Sure, but how do you resolve a problem like this?

16. draqon Banned Banned

Time solves that. Jail for years to pass by or perhaps resetting memory of the person...so she forgets who she is. I mean, death is really the answer, but humans do not have right to kill, as it is evil, so let time take care of that....jail her.

17. original sine Registered Senior Member

Jail is just a way to sustain an unproductive member of society using our economic resources. I know that some programs are designed to get them out and working on public works projects, but machines can make license plates and dig up the earth. Erasing memories sounds a bit extreme and unstable. Though I agree that killing is counterproductive and should be reserved only for the most serious of convictions.

18. draqon Banned Banned

So basically what exactly are you suggesting to do with her? I, gave my recommendations...and what are yours...what course of actions should be perceived against this member of society?

19. original sine Registered Senior Member

Donate her to science. Run all kinds of experiments on her. Psychological, educational, and biological tests. Food, medicine, cosmetics, and so on.

20. draqon Banned Banned

that exposes her as a subject of this society to possible danger and if she does become under danger and dies the person who had injected the drug is the killer. Also...you do realize that being what she has done...there is something different in her that allowed her to go beyond the boundary of acceptable?...in other words she might have high level of hormone testosterone...so testing a drug on her would not mean the drug would work for others the same...

21. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

She's clearly not right in the head. Psychological tests probably wouldn't be worth it.

22. Charles_Wong Registered Senior Member

The basic personality trait found in violent criminals is psychopathology, which has a 50% heritability rate. As such, genes account for 50 percent of her action. By sterilizing her, we can at least take care of the genetic factor. The rest is environmental.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Show that she has psychopathology genes.

No wait. First explain what psychopathology genes are.