Wolverine: The indestructible superhero

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Frisbinator, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Frisbinator Registered Senior Member

Nobody could beat Wolverine. And if anyone thinks otherwise.....they'll have to answer to ME!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

God could beat wolverine.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What if they made a clone and they fought, who would win then?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I don't think he'd look too pretty after a .50cal shot to the forehead

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Mickey mouse would eat up Wolverines achilles heel faster then it could regenerate. Then it would eat his wrist tendons faster then he can regenerate them. Then Mickey crosses the line of sanity and eats Wolverines heart..

faster than wolverine can regenerate.

Wolverine suffers from oxygen depletion in his brain.

Wolverine dies...

Mickey celebrates with a beer and a dance.

9. onewiththeuniverse onewiththeuniverse Registered Senior Member

This is your brain on drugs.......any questions ?

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

You could starve him to death. Also, you could put heavy magnets onto his feet and arms and chuck him into the ocean. That'll settle the deal and god will have a new roomie.

11. Roman Banned Banned

I don't think adamantine's magetic.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

That magneto guy or whatever was able to stop wolverine with his magnetic powers in one of these x-men movies.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Actually Magneto only stopped him briefly for he escaped from the trap Magneto had set.

14. geodesic "The truth shall make ye fret" Registered Senior Member

Drowning.
    Asphyxiation.
    Vaporisation.
    Poisoning, radiation poisoning, heavy metal poisoning?

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm talking about the train scene. Magneto toyed with wolverine. I imagine he could have ripped him apart if he was inclined to do so, but then the movie would have finished.

16. mars13 give me liberty Registered Senior Member

a ster trek phaser could abltirate him into cosmic dust, or dunking him in lava for a few hours might do it.

you would have to kill off all the livivng tissue of him to kill him.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

But let's say for the sake of argument that we fry off his brain. All his brain is gone...

How can his brain regenerate and still be him?

He is after all what he learned to be...a sum of all his experiences.

18. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Ok, you are completely full of it because Magneto would wipe the floor with Wolverine, and he has. Magneto totaly shamed Wolverine one time when they stormed his big asteroid base thing. Magneto used his crazy magnet powers to suck all the adamantium out of Wolverine's body re-form it into a skeleton shape and have it march around like it was alive. How embarassing. After that there was a long boring strech in the comics where Wolverine was quite vulnerable, his claws were only bone, and the claws on one hand were all fucked up because some villian or other broke them against stuff. Granted Wolverine survived all this, but if the comics industry didn't require his healing factor to be nigh infinite to maintain a continuity that keeps the charachter useful for future titles he would have been finished after all that. He can get his butt handed to him when the writers want to do that.

19. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Pit of lava would also finish Hugh off

20. Frisbinator Registered Senior Member

SpyMoose, I'm sorry, but have you read the NEW X-MEN comic book? Because at the very end of this one I was reading today, Wolverine KILLS Magneto! He has some help from Cyclops and a couple others, but he does kill him.

People, could we please try and know what we're talking about when we post things on this bulletin board, thanks!

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

How can we have a functioning forum if the members knew what they are talking about?

22. Russ723 Relatively Hairless Ape Registered Senior Member

Yep.

Magneto ripped all the adamantium from his skeleton on Asteroid M.

I think Cerebro's data banks say that Wolverine's (aka Logan , Patch , James Howlett) head would have to be severed to prevent regeneration.

Sabretooth has similar healing powers, he survived a claw through the brain.

Am I a huge loser or what?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

"I dismiss your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

23. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I was always partial to Marvel Comics Presents issue I used to have (probably still do, in fact, buried somewhere in a box.) It showed Logan depressed about something. I forget what. Might have been after Mariko's death. Or who knows what. Logan had a lot of problems, you know. Not the most well-adjusted person (part of his charm).

Anyway. So he was feeling bad and he went to some local dive and found the biggest guy there to get into a fight with. Challenged him to blow by blow competition (not sure what the real term is). Where one person takes a punch and then the other. Back and forth.

Logan let him have the first hit.
    Crack!!
    His whole left side of his face was shattered. His orbit shattered. His eyeball dangling on his cheek.
    Logan pushes his eye back in and gives his turn.

Logan was a man who understood the value of pain. A man riddled with demons. So riddled, in fact, that his demons had demons, ad infinitum.

I think he should have been written more as a psychopath which was his original intention. They made him too nicey nicey in ensuing years. He should have killed at least one or two of those little girls he'd always travel around with.