Wmd

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Michael, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Even after Bush and Cheney KNEW there were no WMD they continued to lie to the American public and say there were WMD in Iraq. And think about this, if the information that there were no WMD was so prevalent that even an Amy recruit was told there were no WMD - just how f*cking long had Bush and Cheney known the truth??

IndyStar
    Derek Giffin, 27, an Army veteran from Schererville, Ind., said he had second thoughts when his 1st Cavalry Company from Fort Hood was briefed before the invasion that there were no chemical weapons or weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, but the Bush administration kept making that claim.

"That's when I awoke to the fact that something was woefully amiss," he said.

I seriously wonder how anyone can support these two arse-holes? 4000 dead and tens of thousands physically handicapped and hundreds of thousands mentally scared.
    Millions of American families ruined all because these dick heads lied.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

As long as they keep making the right people money nothing will ever happen...its sad.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What about the Iraqies families, they have suffered even greater losses due to a very bad leader in America.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Weird that you are bringing this up now, but it's interesting. Were these briefings known to the press?

Don't forget the non-Americans.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I'm not forgetting the non-Americans I'm just pointing out that Americans should f*cking remember their civil duty, do what the founding fathers would have done, and impeach and imprison these arse holes.

Is there an American alive that does not recognize that we were deceived, lied and scared into this war? I remember when sometimes Americans would say Saddam when they meant to say BinLaden. Their heads were so screwed with by these lieing crooks and they were so scared from 9/11 with images of WMD and nukes going off in NY they fell for it hook line in sinker. BUT now we know the truth - why aren't these guys being brought to justice?

THIS guy was told there were NO WMD at the exact same time when BUSH was on TV lieing to the Public saying there were WMD.

WMD was the whole f*cking justification for the God Damn war!

Michael

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

It just f*cking pisses me right off.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually WMD were only a small justification for the war. Saddam had for the twentieth time, since he sign the treaty after Desert Storm, had refused inspections. In fact he had expelled them from the country completely. We gave him a month to allow inspectors back inot Iraq. All this coupled with conflicting reports of WMD, No WMD, attemtpting to purchase Yellow cake and many others the decision to declare War was a wise one.

Remember Saddam had the chance to stop the invasion before it ever started. All he had to do was follow his agreement and allow the Inspectors back into Iraq. Despite knowing that his army would be crushed and likely he would wind up tried for his crimes, he refused to take the peaceful route. There must have been a really good reason why not.

11. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

What a load of crap.

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

and before that month was up he was willing to let the inspectors back in

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

He was willing to let them in, if he had another month to prepare. Meaning basically "Oooh we need a little more time to decide." We played this game with him before when he invaded Kuwait, and we kept pushing back the date, untill we'd reached our limit. This time our limit was much shorter. He thought he was calling a bluff, only we weren't bluffing.

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

he did everything we asked him to and we still invaded face it bush was going to invade no matter what

15. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Obviously someone wasn't close attention. If Saddam had gone along then Britain and the other Allies would not have joined the US in the Invasion. also Saddam was broadcasting to his people that he would never give into the demands of the Americans.

So obviously you're either not remembering or just plain lying.

16. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Um, Iraq is owned.

WMD is so yesterday.

Nice to see y'all so comfy in denial.

17. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

U.N. weapons inspectors were working in Iraq in 2003, and had to leave because of the impending military action. Have a look, http://www.google.com/search?q=un i...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

It's funny because it's true.

Saddam Enrages Bush With Full Compliance

WASHINGTON, DC—President Bush expressed frustration and anger Monday over a U.N. report stating that Iraqi president Saddam Hussein is now fully complying with weapons inspections. "Enough is enough," a determined Bush told reporters. "We are not fooled by Saddam's devious attempts to sway world opinion by doing everything the U.N. asked him to do. We will not be intimidated into backing down and, if we have any say in the matter, neither will Saddam." Bush added that any further Iraqi attempt to meet the demands of the U.N. or U.S. will be regarded as "an act of war."
    http://www.theonion.com/content/node/31155

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

obviously someone needs to remove their head from there ass and get with reality. Ever here of the downing street memos. and of course he going to tell his people that he wasn't going to give in.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

your a fool to ignore the past is to have no future

20. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

The Niger uranium, aluminum tubes, and mobile weapons labs had all been leaked and discredited in the inside pages of major newspapers months prior Bush's state of the Union address and Powell's speech at the UN. Prior to the war the Media failed to make the American people understand what had already been revealed in the inside pages of a few major newspapers.

Fox news and some other media continue to try to help those Americans who do not want to know that they were lied to believe that they were not lied to. We have one hell of a sophisticated propaganda machine functioning here in the USA.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you have to reliaze the average american is dumber than a box of rocks. The us is the least educated of industrial powers

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

TW Scott,

I have one specific question.

This solder was told there were no WMD in Iraq at the time when President Bush was saying there were WMD.

So, knowing this information, do you think that Bush was lying through his teeth or wasn't he?
    It seems pretty obvious to me - but maybe I missed something. Unless you're going to tell me some crap that everyone in the Army knew there were no WMD except the Commander in chief!

So was he lying YES or NO?

Michael

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Okay, here's the deal, there were more things than just the Niger uranium, Aluminum tubes and Mobile Weapons labs. The later two of which could still have existed even as proof of their existance was debunked. Just becuase some proof of their existance turns out false does not mean they still couldn't be there.

What about all the components for missile that Saddam was supposed to destroy and provide proof of their destruction? This was mandated by the UN and the dictator not only ignored it but we find the very one that the Weapons inspectors marked for destruction in the hands of other countries.

Look, WMD are not the only reason we invaded Iraq. They were a side reason. Sort of a "Well while we're in the white slaver's den, let's see if we can find out what else he's been upto. Like maybe he is dealing drugs, too." We had many reason to go to war, WMD just sticks with people as it is one of the few reasons that we don;t have proof of yet. I do say yet becuase Iraq is huge and even though we are not looking there could be some accidental discoveries.

As for whether or not Bush wass lying, that is semantics. A person lies if they intentionally distort the truth. If you believe what you are saying is the truth, it is not a Lie, even if you are wrong. He might have seen all the information and came to conclusion that Saddam expelling the Weapons Inspectors was compelling evidence that he was going to or had built a WMD.