WMD News Story- EXTRA!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 22, 2006.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060806/ap_on_re_us/iraq_believing_wmd
    I guess this says a lot about the general frame of mind of the average American:

The reality in this case is that after a 16-month, $900-million-plus investigation, the U.S. weapons hunters known as the Iraq Survey Group declared that Iraq had dismantled its chemical, biological and nuclear arms programs in 1991 under U.N. oversight. That finding in 2004 reaffirmed the work of U.N. inspectors who in 2002-03 found no trace of banned arsenals in Iraq.

Despite this, a Harris Poll released July 21 found that a full 50 percent of U.S. respondents — up from 36 percent last year — said they believe Iraq did have the forbidden arms when U.S. troops invaded in March 2003, an attack whose stated purpose was elimination of supposed WMD. Other polls also have found an enduring American faith in the WMD story.

"I'm flabbergasted," said Michael Massing, a media critic whose writings dissected the largely unquestioning U.S. news reporting on the Bush administration's shaky WMD claims in 2002-03.

"This finding just has to cause despair among those of us who hope for an informed public able to draw reasonable conclusions based on evidence," Massing said.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But the facts that the opinion are based on are still the facts.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

BR, you still think those were the fabled WMD's we were looking for? Jesus, dude, not even POTUS is crazy enough to say that.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, but it proves that all the weapons haven't been found, and that there are a lot of unanswered questions, and the support for that come from Duelfer himself, He has stated that we have only inspected 0.25% of the known weapons stockpiles, and that a lot of questions still remain, would you place your faith in a 0.25% inspection of anything? The people here accuse me of only following the head line, well what are they doing, as I see it they have a great herd instinct and don't even read their own information completely, like most herd animals if the lead animal goes in a certain direction and right off a cliff, guess were they are going to go, and this will not be the first time that I didn't follow the consensus and ended up being right in my assessment of the situation, If I'm only following the head lines then I would agree with the over 40,000 self supporting, cookie cutter reports in the news and blogs, The Sources That I reference are from the News, ie: Wall Street Journal, which I do believe has more veracity than myspace.com, would you not say, Government Commissions, Direct quotes, Published Laws, International Treaties, Historical Document, and when I do use a opinion it is about and quotes these sources, everything I have posted can be backed up, and it shows there are a lot of unanswered questions, and my opponents don't even recognize what we don't know, all they do is run with the herd and do no real assessment of the facts.

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Too bad we removed the inspectors prematurely and created chaos there so it is now extremely difficult to inspect anything.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But the weapons site are still their, and Information is classified as to what they are finding, my antenna are twitching, that there is much more to the story than what is in the open, so I continue to research, if there is a open crack, I will find it and get into what I want to see, but I'm not the only military person on the site who recognizes that the is a lot more information on the subject and it wouldn't be the first time that information wasn't released due to operational necessity, no matter how bad it made you look. And I don't really know that leaving the inspectors in there any longer would have accomplished any thing they had been in there for 10 years already and all Saddam did was the fast shuffle, and many in the U.N. helped him to do it.

as a ps:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

why arent you this vehement about an independant, non-government based investigation of the september 11 events, if you are so interested in truth?

ill tell you why: teevee tells you what to think, and georgie pordgie puddin pie told you saddam had weapons...so it must be true.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The thing is I am, and I don't believe that they told all but over different concerns than you, and again I don't agree with your assessment of the situation, there is a feeding frenzy of trying to get George, and if anybody is following a scripted line it is you, and it is from the moveon.org, Michel Moore crowd, it would be a true miracle if you really came up with a original thought, but everything you post has come from the left wing blogisphere, the truth is there isn't much difference between you and Brian Foley except you are a bit less oblivious.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Let me guess, "Made in the USA" labels?

13. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

actually, i dont read blogs that arent my own, i have never even looked at moveon.org.
    michael moore is a fanatically flailing left wing idiot.

i am a libertarian. george bush is a faaaaaaaaaaar right wing republican. that is pretty much the diametric opposite to my personal beliefs.

my dislike for george bush comes from him doing a bad job. i dont dislike him for being a republican, i dont dislike him for calling himself "conservative", when in fact his ideology is extremely radical. i dont dislike him because his father was president.

i repeat: i dislike him because he does a bad job.

ps: i also dislike bill clinton. do i follow a script now?

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

actually, the truth is: you have no right to insult anyone on this forum in that way. kiwi is like foley, not i.

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside
    Now I know that you don't know what your talking about, Bush if anything isn't a far right republican, he has some conservative values but there are many thing that he is more then liberal enough on.

16. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

ok, guy. foxnews tell you that one too?

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

18. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, speaking of following a scripted line, that's the exact same thing Sean Hannity says, literally word for word, lol.

- N

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

So I sue him for plagiarism?

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The american freedom-loving way...sue them.

21. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

in a nation of so many laws, it is frequently the only way to get justice, spuriousmonkey.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

TDI:
    Does it work so well, them?

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

for the most part...most people are aware of the laws.

it can be abused, just like any legal procedure by which private citizens can gain material wealth.