WMD News Story- EXTRA!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

EXTRA, EXTRA, EXTRA--- WMD Found in Iraq, the latest information from declassified Intellegence Report, conferms the presence of WMD at mutiple sites in Iraq, more to come>

FOXNews.com - Sarin, Mustard Gas Discovered Separately in Iraq ... [New Window]
    Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, told Fox News. "This does show that the fear we had is very real. Now whether there is much more of this we don't know, Iraq is ...
    Verified by a Netscape Security Partner: Netscape Security Center, VeriSign http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html [P

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hercules Rockefeller Beatings will continue until morale improves. Moderator

Big f*cking deal.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So what? A bit of sarin and mustard gas found in two IEDs in the space of over 4 years. You know perfectly well that this is not even vaguely or remotely close to being the sort of WMD situation that Bush and his war criminals used to lie to the world and justify their illegal invasion. Right wing neo-con propaganda bullshit from (surprise surprise) Fox News.

Grow a brain.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Huh? That's from 2004. Old news and nothing new.

HOWEVER, just talked about on Fox News, something like 600 stockpiles of chemical weapons have been found. I'll try and find a link to it as I heard it on TV.

Yep yep, quite a few of us were right that lots more good news would come. First Al Zarqawi is dead, next a foiled NYC cyanide plot, then our missle defense system is active, and now WMDs found, heh heh. I wonder what next? How about it all gets topped off with Osama dead too?

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Here, I took a screenshot:

- N

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh, heh, this same information like the NYC cyanide subway attack of 2003, all the munitions have been found since 2003, lol.

Yeah, this is just wag the dog for the elections:

Old muntions but trying to make some ground-breaking announcement waiting until now to release it to rally their voting base.

- N

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Sorry I posted the earlier news report, but heres the correct date of the Fox news story Dieldo:

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > POLITICS > U.S. SENATE
    Report: Hundreds of WMDs Found in Iraq
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WASHINGTON — The United States has found 500 chemical weapons in Iraq since 2003, and more weapons of mass destruction are likely to be uncovered, two Republican lawmakers said Wednesday.

Reading from a declassified portion of a report by the National Ground Intelligence Center, a Defense Department intelligence unit, Santorum said: "Since 2003, coalition forces have recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions which contain degraded mustard or sarin nerve agent. Despite many efforts to locate and destroy Iraq's pre-Gulf War chemical munitions, filled and unfilled pre-Gulf War chemical munitions are assessed to still exist."

"We have found weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, chemical weapons," Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., said in a quickly called press conference late Wednesday afternoon

Santorum pointed out that during Wednesday's debate, several Senate Democrats said that no weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq, a claim, he said, that the declassified document proves is untrue

10. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Two wrongs don't make a right (to quote James R):

Iraq had no WMD; the Left has all the brains.

Right.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But I though that you said all the WMD's were destroyed before the war started? and that he didn't have any WMD? it seem that you were wrong and now your starting to spin like a politician trying to cover your ass. And there is more information waiting to be realeased, are you ready to spin some more?

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'm not spinning anything. The WMDs that have been found are old muntions from '91. Those munitions have a shelf-life of 4 years, to quote the head U.N. Inspector. Show me some WMDs found that were developed post-'91 to show that Saddam was violating laws that were made AFTER the first Gulf War and then you may have something.

What you see with this story is an example of spin. Oh look at all these WMDs found that were scattered here and there in numerous munitions and finally all collected over a course of since the war started. We'll say 500 munitions are found to make it sound like they were all found in a single stash. Not only that, but we'll fail to headline they're all old and expired WMDs too! And we'll also release the news all at once with other news to make it sound like lots of progress is being made so that our voting base will be rallied before the elections.

If the WMDs were so important, why didn't they tell us back in 2003 when some were found? Lovely to wait until now. How convenient. Nice little card they had up their sleeve. Go look up spin and propaganda in the dictionary. This is the same kinda stuff Fox News does all the time. They love to be misleading not just when it benefits the right, but in general too, which is why they sued over the issue to be able to.

That's gotta be the biggest BS of an excuse I've ever heard, lol.

- N

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Honestly, I'm sort of expecting it. We'll have his head on a pike in front of the White house by halloween. So much for speaker Pelosi.

14. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

I would like to quote quotes the Iraq Survey ('Duelfer') report from 2004:
    Thats the CIA's finding I think that fully explains this spin .

15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

But Foley the find include binary projectiles, these don't degrade, because the two chemicals in the round are inert untill mixed, and as the reported statement say, there is much more to be realeased, and one of the shells booby traps that exploded had viable agent inside.

ps: foley I thought that you didn't believe anything the CIA put out, but that apparently changes when they support your point of view.

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Here is the site and there is a interview that states that there is more information to be realeased, as soon as it is declassified, but even the talking heads are agreeing that Sadam was playing games with the inspection process and had not destroyed his stock piles, and that the inspectors had missed much in the inspection process.

ps: foley I thought that you didn't believe anything the CIA put out, but that apparently changes when they support your point of view.

17. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

Personally i call Mustard gas and Sarin gas WMD's. And so do most governments, academics and people who generally know. WMD Definition
    Good discovery, havn't heard anything here in Australia about it. Its a bad sign for all those conspiracy theorists who claim nothing is what it seems.

Whether or not, ultimately, Saddam was going to use these against anyone is debatable, but he's certainly used them on his own people. Glad he's gone personally

P.S. If you've seen the effects of Mustard or Sarin gas on humans then you know why they're horrible. The poms tested said chemical agents on Aussie soldiers in the late 40's/50's, i know my grandad was one of them... Not the healthiest of chaps now and i know i've certainly inherited some of its ill effects (skin bubbles). Don't know if thats possible but i have a feeling it is.

18. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The study clearly is saying that it is expected due to the nature of the destruction to the Iraqi military and civilian infrastructure that there will be some residue WMD that will go unaccounted for , as its to be expected . Ordnance from WWll is still being discovered to this day , so be flexible .
    Hey I just put that report there to show how a couple of years ago this was exp[lained and now today a contradicting story emerges you explain to me Buffalo .

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I did a call to a friend of mine in the military, and he told me that the degrading of material in a chemical round dosn't make it safe, what it actually dose is make it more unsable and dangerous, the burning sensation that accompanies mustard gas, dissapears but the reaction to the respiratory remains the same, and you still end up dead. This is the problem with degraded chemical and biological weapons is that as they degrade they do not become inert, they become unstable and become more dangerous. Besides trying to explaine anything to a Kiwi Sheep Shagger is a futile endevor.

20. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

In other words buffalo can not and is not capable of refuting the above post , Buffalo reminds me of the talking Ronald Mc Donald clowns head people order their food through at the drive in Mc Donalds , fun for infantile kids , but , utterly ridiculous and humiliating ordeal for adults to go through .

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

"Senator Santorum's comments are wrong as to the fact and exaggerated beyond all reason as to the interpretation of the "facts". There is no surprise that very small numbers of chemical canisters from the Iran-Iraq War have been found. The ISG found them and in my testimony in 2004 I said that I expected that we would continue to find them for a very long time. These are in very small numbers and are scattered. The nerve agents have long since degraded to the point that they no longer pose any substantial threat. In most cases the mustard agent has substantially degraded, but will burn you if your skin comes in contact with it." - David Kay, Fmr. Chief UN Weapons Inspector & Fmr. Iraq Survey Group Chief under President GWB (Source: Statement to Countdown)"

Looks like everyone is showing how much of a farce this is. It seems it was Senator Santorum's last chance to gain popularity in a state he's loosing. The Bush Administration didn't mind him going out looking like a fool as the blame wouldn't be placed on them, only him, and if this worked, a win-win situation for them.

I'm in the process of converting a video I just recorded showing all the points and how much of a fool Santorum made himself out to be. Good thing this administration didn't release this news, heh.

- N

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And the WWII chemical ordance is still deadly, along with the conventional ordance, and the report shows that the inspectors were wrong and as the Senator said there is more classified documents to be realeased, this is the tip of the iceberg, you are already spinning the response before all the information is out, that alone tells me that it is you who don't have the responce, when you attack information before it has all been realeased, but what should I expect from a cain toad mentality?

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

What are we spinning? We're telling you what is already known. These WMDs have been found since 2003 so people have had 3 years to form an opinion on, including the UN Inspectors which knew about those such as in the quote I showed in my previous post from David Kay.

Santorum is trying to spin this by trying to change old information and make it sound like some new WMDs were found or something. It's old. It's already known. It's no big deal. Santorum is trying to make it a big deal hence his spin. This was a last desperate move to increase his popularity in his state and he's about to lose power in Pennsylvania. You don't think politicians would sink that low? They do it all the time when their job is in jeopardy! Hell, they do it all the time to gain power, period!

As usual, the majority, logical thinkers have a stance on this issue, but of course, it's Fox News all alone that happens to be right. EVERYONE else are part of a "liberal media" and the majority are the wrong ones.. again.. lol.

There's a reason why the government called off the search for WMDs a few months ago. Heck, not even Bush is dumb enough to go with that report which is why his administration failed to acknowledge it and let Santorum go out like a fool with no backing. Or do you believe the excuse that Bush decided to not announce the report for the past 2 months while his approval ratings were 25% because he was working hard on trying to form the Iraqi government instead as he said to the press yesterday?

- N