Wizard Dueling

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Nivao, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

If Gandalf and Dumbledore were in a fight, who would win?

-niv

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

If Paul Atreides and Bob the Builder were in a fight, who would win?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Who would really care?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

hmmm....

that depends on whether or not Bob was trained in the weirding way....

Paul would still probably win....

-niv

p.s

I would care.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Hmm Gandolf.....definetly. 7000 years old, kickin wardrobe, style oozing out of the wazoo...what does Dumboldorf have? Whiny kids and uptight teachers to take care of.

9. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Not to mention the fact that Gandalf is basically Sauron's equal, Dubledore's actually FEELING his age, and he's Gandalf!

Of course, there's also the Avada Kedavra curse, but I really don't think that Dumbledore would use that one; it just doesn't seem like him.

10. BigBlueHead Great Tealnoggin! Registered Senior Member

Bob the Builder has thinking machines... he would kick Paul's ass.

11. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Technically not quite so. I remember reading somewhere that Sauron was the greatest of the Maiar

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

Sauron, a Maiar is of the same 'race' as Tom Bombadil, who could definately kick his ass, sans the one ring. Gandalf, a Istari Maiar, was considered the wisest of the maiar, therefore could probably outwit Sauron.

13. DeSeRt RaT UK Registered Senior Member

DarkEyedBeauty, we do not know Bombadil was a Maia, evidence goes againest him being one. The nearest we get to know who/what he is:

"Do you think Tom Bombadil, the spirit of the (vanishing) Oxford and Berkshire countryside, could be made into the hero of the story" #19, The Letters of J.R.R Tolkien

But Gandalf wasn't his strongest on Middle-earth. Being an Istari he wasn't allowed to reveal his true strength. But in the Letters somewhere it is said that Gandalf would be a more terrible foe then Sauron with the Ring.

14. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Tolkien never mentions what race Bombadil is of. It's never said that Bombadil is a Maiar. Gandalf/Olorin may be the wisest of the Maiar, but Sauron was the greatest or strongest of them all. Sauron would kick his ass. Gandalf outwitting him? No way.

15. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

I guess that's subjective, huh?

16. Overdose From the steppes of Mongolia Registered Senior Member

I dont want to say much but it just made me sad seeing Gandalf's name in such a bad question. Gandalf wouldnt fight with Dumbeldor (or whatever his name is) He would find a way out without fighting him.

We dont know for who Tom Bombadil was. There are many theories. I have an article about this subject but is nit in English.

17. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

So tell us what it basically says.

I think he was a Maiar.

18. DeSeRt RaT UK Registered Senior Member

Well the simple theory that really discredits the maia theory is that Melkor was the first of the Ainur to descend onto Arda.

Yet Bombadil was their before Morgoth arrived:

"He knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless - before the Dark Lord came from Outside" - FOTR, In the House of Tom Bombadil

And Maia = Ainur

19. Suicidalcarrot15 Registered Member

(mumbles underbreath) dumbledore would kick gandalf's @$$, he is so much cooler, gandalf is a person played by a gay old man w/ a big nose. *no offense to gays, please, get married for all i care* and dumbledore was played by an awesome stage actor who is dead now. *nods respects, poor RicharD Harris* and as for the book chractors, i havent degraded myself to reading LOTR, but in HP dumbledore is this awesome guy who totally lets Harry get away with stuff... AND HE KNOWS THE STUFF.

oh and a new question.

who would win... Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom

Im saying johhny cuz hes all sexy and cool and orli is a wuss who plays the only okay charactoer in LOTR movies.

Plus, Johnny Depp and Jack Johnson are the loves of my life. enough said. Im becoming a geek conformist...

adios muchachos!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2004
  20. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

That is pathetic. You haven't "degraded" yourself to reading one of the most beloved and excellent fantasy works in history? And yet you've read Harry Potter. I got torches, people, and a spare pitchfork if someone wants to borrow it.

Now Raistlin, in HP, that would be cool.

21. OverTheStars Registered Senior Member

Hand me a torch.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

The winners would be Gandalf and bob, no question!

Gandalf would just smack Dumbledore down dead with one well placed whack from his pinky! Considering that the actor that played Dumbledore the first time has died, this is defiantly not a position for strong powerful old men.

Bob would have “Decapotaty” the chainsaw give Paul a quick death, much joy for the children watching.

23. Pete It's not rocket surgery Registered Senior Member

Depends who they're fighting, of course (they'd whomp on Bob and Usul).

They wouldn't fight each other... unless it was a smoke ring duel at the pub, maybe...

If Gandalf and Dumbledore were in a smoke ring duel, who would win?