With A Heavy Heart, I Say This to Atheists and Christians

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by §outh§tar, Sep 5, 2004.

1. David F. Registered Senior Member

As you are fully aware, transitional forms between Phylums, Classes or Orders, just start with one Phylum and end with a different Phylum (Class or Order) - like transition from fish to reptiles or reptiles to mammals, or something to birds. Worms are not transitional forms.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. anonymous2 Registered Senior Member

Yes, David, but this goes back to what freedom really is. Is it really voluntary if you have to do it or the punishment is.. ? What is a wife doing if she's not submitting to her husband? Yes, the husband should love the wife, but what if the husband doesn't? The wife still has to submit to pretty much whatever the husband wants, correct or not? Doesn't the NT also say to submit to even an unreasonable husband? And for slaves to submit to their masters as they'd submit to the Lord, with fear (or respect, depending on the translation I suppose)? For slaves to submit to their masters, even if they're unfair? What more could the state ask for in a book than slavish submission to the state and authority?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Submit, submit, submit, in fact, the governments are ordained by God.

Christians aren't to voluntarily submit to Christ. They're to submit to Christ, or suffer the consequences, am I right or not? Doesn't the God of the Bible still have that gun to the head?

And you basically admitted to me that this was in fact the God of the Bible, didn't you? Submit or be cast in the lake of fire, right?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

I'll take your word for it. I guess you're the worm scientist..

Here

Start there and work through it.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2004
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. David F. Registered Senior Member

God threw Cain's sacrifice back in his face? Please tell how you know this since it is obviously not in Genesis?

It simply says that God showed respect for Abel's sacrifice. Many times in the bible, God shows His respect for a sacrifice by sending fire from heaven to consume the sacrifice. Did this happen here - we don't know. In some way, God made it clear to the brothers which sacrifice was acceptable. Is that an excuse for Cain to get angry - not at all. God did nothing to anger Cain, other than to show pleasure in the deeds of his brother. God even tries to rationally reason with Cain but Cain will have none of it.
    God did exactly this, by showing preference for one sacrifice over the other. There is nothing in the record which says God showed disfavor toward Cain's sacrifice - only favor/respect toward Abel's. Nothing could be clearer.
    You seem to be trying to say that Cain should be excused for pre-meditated murder? I suppose that since you are angry with me that we should excuse you if you trick me into going out into a field and then strike me down from behind?

8. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Well any submission is voluntary by nature because of our obvious sense of 'free will'. But yes, accept Jesus and receive eternal life in Him or be cast into a lake of fire. That seems to be about it from where I am standing.

response by c20: A totally sovreign God does not have to conform to what you want Him to be because He Is Who Is. You my friend (like I) are His creatures. He knows you much much better than you know yourself. He knows every last detail, every hair on your head, every atom in the pupil of your eye by name. He knows your life, your loves and your needs. Given that He is your Heavenly father should you not put your faith in Him?

9. anonymous2 Registered Senior Member

Ok, then I guess if I took a gun, and put it to your head, and demanded your wallet or your life, whatever you decide would be voluntary? Could I then go to a court and say that I am guiltless because your decision to give me your wallet was voluntary? You did it out of your free will, didn't you? How is that substantially different than the God of the Bible?

But thank you for admitting as David did, what the God of the Bible seems to be like.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2004
  10. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

You are off by about a mile. The verse about Christ and the Church had absolutely nothing to do with what I said since I am very aware of it and what it means so I don't know if you are trying to be funny or..

11. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Aah yes..

The ever foolish premise that Jesus was sinless just because the Gospel writers said so. But you were just kidding anyway, weren't you?

12. what768 Guest

Jesus was sinless.

13. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

Jesus is sinless

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

c20H25N3o: Jesus is sinless

M*W: Of course the Sun-God is sinless!

15. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I never said that.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

We are here to learn how to be like Him.
    Sacrifice is pointless if there's no one benefitting from it.

17. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Not if you're a suicide bomber.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

If you analize the criptures by a psychological point of view, you will see just the case of intention. keep reading and I will show you exactly where, once again.

Here it is once again:

Genesis 4:6-7
    "6 Then the LORD said to Cain, " Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?
    7 "If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it."

Cain didn't "do well". God noted that and advied Cain to revert that and master over sin. The sin wasn't to give fruit to God, the sin was Cain killing Abel. You see that God says that sin is "crouching at the door". Sin is developing with Cain, but Cain haven't sinned yet. God warned Cain. He never punihed Cain. Cain punished Himself. Again, in thefollowing veres we read:

Genesis 4:14-15
    14 "Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden, and I will be a vagrant and a wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."
    15 So the LORD said to him, "Therefore whoever kills Cain, vengeance will be taken on him sevenfold." And the LORD appointed a sign for Cain, so that no one finding him would slay him. "

See, God didn't punish Cain. He actually protected him. He didn't want sin to spread. If you want to read more about it, read my last post or go to the website I provided (in that last post).

But yeah.... hear God's words in those scriptures. Does it sound like a vengeful God or a God that is actually trying to help Cain?

It is "unfounded" eventough is both in context and analized from a psychological and logical point of view? :bugeye:
    Do you want to find the truth, or not?

19. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

What is the benefit in that?

20. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Oh come now, I thought you religious types were good at understanding what should be taken as metaphor and what should be taken literally. You seriously thought I imaged god picking up a banana and slapping Cain around the face with it? Seriously, apply some thinking.

Yes, and showed no respect to Cain for his offering. What exactly are you trying to argue against? You've already agreed several times that god wants meat/burning meat - and yet there is no reason to say Cain knew any of this, and couldn't have done better considering his job was as a soil tiller.

Of course, with blatant hypocrisy you accuse me of something and then do it three seconds later:

So now I need to repeat your sentence: "Please tell how you know this since it is obviously not in Genesis?"

I doubt, like me, you can state it was a metaphor, so why are you going along this line of serious make-believe? This is what your whole argument comes down to? Fantasy make it up as you go along? What next, a leprechaun sent by god came to Cain and told him to sacrifice a cow instead of offering a plum? Get real.

Worst of all you didn't even manage a full explanation, but could only muster: "in some way".

Don't waste my time with this, please.

Rationally? There is no "rationally" in having a go at someone for giving you a kiwi fruit instead of a dead goat. Especially when expecting it from a soil tiller.

Now you're just being plain silly. god had a go at Cain for his offering, and as you've agreed many times now, it's due to god having this serious like for meat as opposed to ground produce. The best you could manage was to say "somehow, wishing on a star, god informed them beforehand", when that is quite clearly ridiculous nonsense - and yet you do not deny the telling off that Cain received for his offering, you just try to dismiss it with make-believe.

Then you should start reading my post better. There's nothing in my post claiming Cain didn't murder anyone, simply that god could have found a better method by which to tell Cain he prefers meat. I was explaining the difference between a lousy parent and a good one.

This question has no worth to anything, and you know it. The issue is not that Cain should be excused, but that god should use his noodle once in a while. There's many times in life when a parent sits down and thinks "hmm, maybe I could have handled that a better way". In this instance, god would be that parent - but he has no excuse seeings as he would have known the outcome before it happened.

Truthseeker:

Trying to help him? By completely stopping his ability to do his job, which in those days would have been a matter of life and death?

You can read this further on my last post to you, which awaits your attention. Thanks.

21. what768 Guest

M*W: Of course the Sun-God is sinless!
    -
    Note that the Sun-God doesn't mean the sun, but it means the maker of the sun.

22. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

I think The Sun-God is quite a nice name for God actually. It was nice of Him to make it for us that we may enjoy it's warmth, that we may marvel at it's mystery. I have to wear dark glasses though because the light hurts these eyes that may not look at it directly.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

what768: M*W: Of course the Sun-God is sinless!
    -
    Note that the Sun-God doesn't mean the sun, but it means the maker of the sun.
    M*W: No, you're wrong about that. It literally means the SUN who is the sinless creator. I suggest you read:

Moses and Akhenaten: The Secret History of Egypt at the Time of the Exodus, by Ahmed Osman, 2002.

Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark, by Laurence Gardner, 2003.

Jesus Christ Sun of God: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism, by David Fideler, 1993.