Windows 7

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by CheskiChips, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I'm on a release of it right now, anyone know of special features I should be aware of?

I really like its interface, it's cleaner.
    Everything on my computer runs faster. I will post more after experience, but if anyone has any suggestions send them this way.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

you can still get a beta?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I had the download, but my computer use was too sensitive at the time to risk an install.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

i just had some minor firewire issue and switching fw to legacy mode fixed it. that was mainly a driver issue though.

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I've decided Vista / Windows 7 are weak compared to a slipstreamed / modified copy of XP. Using RyanVM addons / nLite and various update packs you can truly pimp it out with themes, etc. Yep it's easier and fun!

9. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

How long can you use the beta version? Isn't there a deadline for it and after that you have to validate it or something?

10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I believe the trial period has expired for the beta. I tried to load it a couple weeks ago after I got my new system, and it wouldn't let me activate it.

11. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Since you're a notorious computer killer, I always do the exact OPPOSITE of what you recommend. So it's Windows 7 all the way for me!

j/k Darkie.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

XP was fine for it's day, but it only recognizes 3 gigs of ram..and it's 64 bit version is worthless.

12. CheskiChips Banned Banned

It expires Oct 21st I think. darksiDzz, XP was fine but it was essentially featureless. Vista has a really modern interface.

13. TSchmee Registered Senior Member

14. CheskiChips Banned Banned

haha "Very difficult. The install for Windows 7 comes on four floppy disks, and as my laptop doesn’t have a floppy drive"
    "Overall
    In general I was highly disappointed with Windows 7. Although performance has improved since Vista, major features appear to have been lopped off the OS to meet these performance marks."

That's one of the better online articles I've ever read.

15. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

So I wonder all those people using it and raving about it, are they gonna rush out and buy a copy?

I Looked up, MS says:

"The Windows 7 Beta will expire on August 1, 2009 and the RC will expire on June 1, 2010. "

As a notice, it will start to shut down in every 2 hours from March, 1st 2010.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  16. CheskiChips Banned Banned

I will be getting it, since I simply can't stand the Vista I had.

I like certain features, such as;
    You can shake a window and it minimizes everything else.
    You can dock windows to the side.
    There's no dock bar like in vista.
    The taskbar has far more functionality
    startup times are quicker.
    search has been expanded significantly
    Windows are more customizable and you can reduce their clutter.
    The windows software is more integrated with its self, allowing for a more completed finished product.
    Graphics run better.
    Compatibility in general seems good.

In general it's more intuitive and contains more features that should have always existed.

17. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

what i like most about it is that its better than windows vista in every way, yet it still runs on my shitty netbook, unlike vista which was intentionally made a resource hog.

18. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

That's basically Win 7. Vista with shit turned OFF by default instead of Vista's default of ON by default.

It is the better way to go as most users do not use most things in Vista.

Win 7 gives you a better virtual machine and that's about it.

19. raggamax Banned Banned

There was something weird about the beta. The beta keeps using my bandwidth to download something whenever connected to net. This sucks as I am charged for every mb that I download. Lets hope this problem does not make into the retail copy.

20. Gustav Banned Banned

21. munky-head Registered Member

I have been using the RTM for the past month. I must say I'm pleased: MS finally managed to do good

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Seriously though, I tried installing it on a friend's laptop, which is several years old, and I honestly feel it works better than XP did.

22. Gustav Banned Banned

i shall stick to server 2003 enterprise until support ends
    user overly friendly shit annoys me

"shake a window" my ass

/offended

23. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Resources Usage:

All windows closed it hovers around 1100 Mb ram. However more complex windows situation don't increase it as much.
    CPU usage idle is for my dual core of 1.6ghz' is around .6%

That's much lower than Vista on the same machine. Which held at around 1400 (Unstable) and consistently 1-3%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.