Wind Power and Migration

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Orleander, Aug 3, 2008.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

So they're your birds? Good. I can sue you for the damage the damned things are doing to my wind turbines!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

- Sonic repellers: The bigger guns of bird repelling. These emit various sounds that are supposed to scare off birds. Noise cannons and fireworks fall into this category. Unfortunately, again, any sound that does not change will quickly become background noise to the birds. Bird-X, Inc. offers sonic repellers that play the distress calls of the species, AND predator calls as well. The birds are terrified by this, and will never return. There are a variety of sonic repellers offered by Bird-X, Inc. Visit http://www.bird-x.com/products to see a list.

- Ultrasonic repellers: These, similar to sonic repellers, emit a sound that birds cannot stand. However, the human ear cannot detect the emissions of these machines at all. You can see one of Bird-X's ultrasonic repellers at http://www.bird-x.com/products/qb4.html. As you can see, there are many humane and economical options for any bird control.

I would highly suggest calling 1 800 860 0473 for a free, expert consultation to get a program tailored to your infestation and budget needs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Haha!
    Have you heard of the Coase Theorem? It's counterintuitive as hell, but the foundation of much of libertarian thought (the economic bit, anyway).

Lately, I've been trying to figure out how it could be applied to renewable natural resources (like fish) without exhausting the fish stocks. The problem with fishing, or any other use of the commons, is that it's in everyone's best interest to use it up as fast as possible. That's not very desirable. An ideal economic situation would be such that the extraction of fish would be at the maximum sustainable yield, so everyone would make the most money, indefinitely. If fish stocks decline, eventually there are no more fish to sell.

Presumably, you give ownership of the fish to someone. But how do you manage all those fish? Does the owner of the killer whale have to pay you for all the fish his whales eat? Etc.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.