Win a Kidney !!!!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Sputnik, May 27, 2007.

1. Sputnik Banned Banned

A dutch television show will have an unusual prize : a kidney for transplantation :

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21800320-1702,00.html

What are your thoughts about this - a terminal ill woman decides who of the 3 recipients gets her kidney .
    Transplanted to one of them - while she is still alive !!! - because in Holland you can not decide who gets your kidney when you are dead .....!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I find it utterly BIZARRE ......:bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Exploradora Registered Senior Member

it's funny what people will do for money. yanking around four sick people for a television show sounds good, yep yep.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

I knew it'd be an Endemol production before I even clicked the story.

Unbelievable.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I think the winner should be the one who comes across as the most pleasant and deserving and who isn't too bitchy and who can go the longest without a piss. They should do the swap op live on TV and make the two losers watch and then, when it's over, they should give the losers the choice of wandering off into an uncertain future OR being hunted down by a bunch of killers with razor-sharp hockey-sticks like my hero SubZero in The Running Man. The two new-kidney-deficient ones could thus potentially earn their freedom at least, if not actually leave with a new kidney( even though they'll probably get slaughtered) so, that way, everyone's a winner. What do other readers think?

But seriously, what on Earth's wrong with parading a bunch of sickies on TV in the name of popular entertainment? I think it's far more fitting to let the kidney's owner make the decision of who to give it to, on the basis of "who seems the nicest / "who's the most attractive" than to let a bunch of doctors make the decision by looking at stupid charts and graphs. In what way is a bunch of nerds in white coats looking at mammograms or something supposed to be entertaining? Someone lives and someone dies in either case - so why all the fuss?

Here are the choices:

a. Doctors allocate it. Consequences: Someone lives and someone dies.

b. They give it away on a TV gameshow. Consequences: Someone lives, someone dies and the public are hugely entertained as a result.

Surely only a moron would choose option a.

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  8. Sputnik Banned Banned

And only an idoit would choose option b ..............:m:

Anyway , it looks like the decicision is also influenced by the viewers , who can send sms messages to the show .........
    Is it a free choice of the woman or of the viewers ?
    Also, I wonder how much money she will receive for this ........

What will be next ........I can´t wait for the next on television ........

The saturday night amputation show - win some money or .........loose a bodypart on live tv ........

Last edited: May 27, 2007
  9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I like the sound of that. When's it start?

• Name That Cancer
    • Paedo Hunt
    • America's Next Top Prostitute
    • Hit the Switch, Burn the Witch
    • Retard Swimathon ("huho, he's really struggling, Bob..")
    • Amateur Surgery Hour
    • Dead Pets Win Prizes

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sometimes red, you can be really scary.

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Logical and inevitable developments, my sweet. Coming soon to a screen near you.

12. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

13. orcot Valued Senior Member

How do you mean, it was the best I loved it.

Considering all possible scenarios it was the best possible outcome possible.
    The joke is ultimatly against the dutch people and I'm quit sure that a lot more dutch people will register as organ donors effectivly saving (some) lives.

Aftherall it could be nice if chinese death condements can keep their own organs a little bit longer and can enjoy the peacefull death of a bullet in the chest then the effects of having their kidneys cut out

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

You had me all the way up to 'Chinese death condiments'. Then I started thinking about how yummy soy sauce makes everything taste, so I didn't read the rest.

I wish the kidney thing hadn't all been a dream though.

15. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

aren't these the people who bought us things like "big brother" oh what a wanderful way to spend tv licence money