Wimpish Society

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mickmeister, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The national weather service issued the tornado WARNING only 20 minutes before the tornado hit Enterprise, Alabama. 20 minutes is not a lot of time to release hundreds of kids from school and expect them to go straight home. Kids don't usually rush to safety ...even if that's what they should do.

That's a strange thing to say, Bells, when the school building itself was probably the strongest, most tornado-resistant structure in the entire town! What you're saying/implying is that the authorities should have sent the kids home ...homes that were totally leveled in the storm!

I know you like to think so, but home ain't always the safest place for kids! And in such a tornado, the strongest build is the safest. Had the kids been out on the streets or in their flimsy little homes, the death toll would have been much greater.

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

That's exactly my thought too. But my suspicion is that schools are starting to let kids go for flimsy reasons because of so many stupid ass parents suing over the least thing and they want the kids gone in case the tornado did hit the school directly, even though they would be safer there than at their house or on the road heading home. That goes back to the fact on how defensive everyone is becoming. Sad state of affairs.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bells Staff Member

I wasn't talking about the one in Alabama.

This was about something a poster had said much earlier in the thread. I was using Alabama as an example. And I can understand why the school in Alabama took the decision it did at that time. A tornado warning is not when you want to send kids home and I believe the school thought that the time they had, the kids would have been on the way home when it would have hit the town, so they decided to keep them there. I was talking about an instance where there was a tornado watch as mentioned by one poster earlier.

Refer to above.

In a tornado watch, not warning, someone mentioned that the schools in their town/city were sending kids home. I said I could understand why they would do so in such an event. Then someone said that it was silly to do so because it could mean a 1% chance a tornado would touch down.. and the argument followed from there.. and that is when the case in Alabama was mentioned. And the case in Alabama was completely different.

And in Alabama, the school was also levelled because it took a direct hit, didn't it? In short, there is pretty much no where aside from an underground safe house, that one can turn to for safety.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timmbuktwo Registered Senior Member

From the mouth of a true "non-wimpish society memeber" Mick, thanks for finally closing this arguement. Let the wimps go on with their daily lives, but please let them not get bolder and try to run the country. That's all I'm saying. Then there will be too hard lessons to be learned the non-wimpish way.

8. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Ok, I had to post this one. I laughed my ass off at how pathetic this is. The metro schools are now closing at 11:30 because the temperatures are above 100 degrees and the school buses are not air conditioned. :wtf: OMG, how pathetic that is. What would these kids have done 25 years ago....

The next thing we will hear is that the schools are closed because it's below freezing outside......

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It just gets better and better.

9. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I bet you'd have written something differnet if it were me who said this

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so much for being fair and impartial Mr. I can see it now "dark you're a loser and freak, go get a life" bla bla... you and avatar are now my enemies.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LMAO, they do that here. Can't have kids walking to school in it. Its times like that when I feel very very old. "Why in my day we had to walk a mile..."

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I am part of wimpish society, I am afraid all the time because woman hold to much power to ruin men, I live in fear of being fired because I think instead of DO, and I basically have no life because everyone only wants to do the things they wanna do aka their ignorant brats.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats why every year i leave society for around a month or more, to get away from the bullshit laws and pussy system. cant blame them all though, they were raised like it.

gladly not everyone has turned into a little sissy girl, i know plenty of martial artists, ex government forces and other people who are proper men. people who can live out in the elements, people who can fight wars and not complain about stupid bullshit.

society has turned into a pile of shit, its own laws will be the downfall and weakness of it.

peace.

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

no you cant blame everybody else for your own troubles,take responsibility and charge of your life. rely on yourself to solve problems and be strong.

make a to do list, 1-10 and just do them, open up a thread about your to do list. i will help you make one, then you have to do those things without complaining and moaning about shit.

peace.

14. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I just don't get it. Doesn't society see what is happening? Can't they see how pathetic they are becoming? The sad thing is, this is happening more in the US than anywhere else. Can't this country give a thought that if we "wimpify" ourselves so much that we are opening ourselves up to more attacks from foreign lands? I look at the current Iraq crisis. I don't agree with it in the least, but look at how we have whined over it. I could not imagine what this country would do if another world war started.

I look at parents and kids today and just shake my head at them. It's so pathetic that it's laughable.

15. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

Here is another good instance. It just amazes me at how society today acts like we were never exposed to bacteria before. It would be hilarious if the average person knew what they are really exposed to on a daily basis.