Wills

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Dec 19, 2008.

1. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

if some one leaves a Will, leaving everything to one person, for example, if i die tomorrow and i leave a will leaving everything to my oldest child (not that i wll) could the other children contest the will?

if so how do they go about it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

In today's world, anything and everything can be contested in court. If you had the will witnessed dozens of judges, several attorney, the prime minister/president, and hundreds of other very important, prominent people, the will could still be contested. Winning that court battle is quite another thing.

They'd simply hire an attorney who was willing to fight the case in court. That's all it takes. Obviously they'd have to have some "legal" reasons ...such as proving that you're crazy or something. And spending so much time on sciforums might be a perfect case for insanity!

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Just make certain that you have help in making your will if you can afford a lawyer to be sure to word it correctly. Also record your will at the vital statistics office where you live and give a copy also to the lawyer as well. So even if the will is contested there's little room for anyone to overturn your wishes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.