Will you help me?

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Peter Griffin, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Peter Griffin RammsteinShriner Registered Senior Member

Guys, I am doing an Maths class in college and I was wondering if you guys will help me if I ever get stuck because you are the brains on this web-site and I might need a little help on algebra and equations.
    Please put your answer down if you will help me.

Thank You

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tom2 Registered Senior Member

Of course.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Emfuser Registered Senior Member

Sure we'll help. However you should understand that it is in your best interest to be helped into understanding and not just the answer. Just helping you get the answer doesn't really do anything, helping you understand how to get the answer does everything.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S. Dalal Mathamatics is my life Registered Senior Member

I'm sure that I speak on behalf of many people, when I say that we would be glad to help you out with any thing, ranging from small Bi-nomial equations, to multivariable Calculus. Please note that we are not hear just to provide answers, yet to educate you just as we have been. Good luck.

Sincerely,

S. Dalal

8. Peter Griffin RammsteinShriner Registered Senior Member

Thanx guys, it means a lot to me knowing where to turn if I do get stuck. I do understand that the answer is not the most important thing and that the understanding of the method is.
    I will try my best to not keep nagging you guys to help me every 5 seconds. I should have more belief in myself as I did well in the G.C.S.E Exam.

9. kastner Purposely left blank Registered Senior Member

Answers vs understanding

To echo the sentiments of others who have posted before me, an answer is nice, but the real fun comes from the excitment of finally understanding the process. I've been working on a math problem for over a week now, and I just now figured it out. It's a great feeling, and I'll actually be changing my plans and going away for a couple days with my girlfriend instead of staying home and fighting with it. Woo hoo!

10. goofy headed punk Registered Senior Member

might i ask, kastner, what that math problem was? (if at all possible please e-mail it to me)