Will There Be A WWIII. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by clayton, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Oops, wrong war....

Yeah war of 1812, it was because of the forced conscription and trade sanctions. Canada vs. USA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was taught that we kicked ass

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

It was Britain vs USA.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Canada was a part of Britannia back then ( I prefer that term over Britain )....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Form what I was taught, we kicked ass and was ownage

You were taught differently I suppose...

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Well I was taught we won.

(not to be a jerk) Britain ceased fire and it was over. Well Andrew Jackson(who later became President) didn't get the word that the war was over and defeated the British in New Orleans.

10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Classic example.....we were taught that we kicked ass while you were taught that you won. New Orleans wasn't that important to us, it didn't involve Canadians

11. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Well you guys did fight impressively. The British even burned down the White House.

But we won the war because we got recognized as a country, and we drove the British invaders out.

12. soullust Registered Senior Member

no we burned the white house, loled, looked at yall said back the fuck off and went home.

Canadians never wanted spoils of war, we just want our little northern home, hell that was proving during the world wars too, while all of you were fighting over who gets what after the war, we were like have fun were going home.

when if we wanted we were just as intitled to the spoils as any of yall.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

In terms of casualties, yeah we won. We got fewer casualties.

14. soullust Registered Senior Member

I got an idea, lats go to war again, and see what happens

my money is on us here in canada

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Of course I want us to win, but I just can't see it happening though. My money is with Germany, USA and Japan. Japan wasn't strong as they could be ( at least not yet ), because of the restrictions set on them. Wait until they mean business

Their exoskeletons ( such as HAL 5 )....robots ( such as ASIMO ), and maybe a Gundam ( probably not going to happen )......they got so many awesome tech! Japan technically have no soldiers, the Japanese Self Defense Forces are technically civilians ( at least the enlisted are, I am not sure about officers ). I heard that they are not governed by marital law, but by civilian law.

16. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Perhaps someone could hazard a definition of "World War" so that we would know what we're supposed to be discussing here. I see people throw around the term a lot, but it seems to be little more than a scare-word. If we want to actually discuss the prospects for one occurring, we need some kind of workable definition of what would constitute a World War.

17. soullust Registered Senior Member

sometime tech doesn't mean victory, there is luck, heart, will and skill. we won ww2, and the germans were way more advanced then the allies. (millitary wise).

and then it is so easy to shut down government offices, from our own stupidity, you could make a dirty bomb from a few smoke detecters containing "americium". To me selling shit like that in any major chain store, is insane. but we allow it, so i take it were not that smart.

18. soullust Registered Senior Member

a war in which the major nations of the world are involved

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Well, the Japanese are very skilled

They just didn't have the resources to keep up with the war. They have a iron will as well.

20. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

How many of the major nations? All of them? A majority? Any?

Which nations are "major?"

What constitutes "involvement?"

Also presumably some of the major nations need to factor into both sides of the conflict - for them to all team up and invade, say, Madagascar presumably wouldn't constitute a World War, no?

21. soullust Registered Senior Member

A world war is a war affecting the majority of the world's most powerful and populous nations. World wars span several continents, and last for multiple years

i am sure Madagascar vs all of us would not last long

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Define "affecting." In the general sense, all wars affect all nations, so you're going to need to specify. Do you mean, "directly involving?"

Also, define "world's most powerful and populous nations." A simple list would suffice.

Define the "span" of a war, in both time and distance. Do you mean that actual battles occur over said spaces/times? Or that governments representing territories over said spaces are involved? Or just that, say, the economies of several continents are affected?

23. soullust Registered Senior Member

as for affecting, i am referring to nations who have solders on the ground fighting for a cause.

and as the worlds most powerfully and populous, thats touchy, but i would say North America (Canada, USA), the majority of The countries in the European continent, and several Asian countries. or as you said was dead on, the economies of several continents are affected