Will There Be A Nuclear Space Race Between America And China.

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by Cthulhu, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cthulhu Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Will There Be A Nuclear Space Race Between America And China.

Written by me.

Was the top article for nearly 3 days. Now Nasa announces a 3 billion dollar nuclear spacecraft mission to Jupiter.

NASA Set to Unveil 'Jupiter Tour' Mission.
    More on that Monday. Looks like a real space age this time around. Not just a lunar flag ceremony followed by 30 years of zip. I guess this will be called the 'Nuclear Space Age'. An upgrade on the first space age which as we all know died rather quickly. Woohoo.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

US vs China nuclear propulsion space race?

Not at first. China will wait intil the US has spent $US Billions on proving the technology and then will steal it at little or no cost.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. youngbiologist Registered Senior Member

hey

its not like we didn't steal our tech from the germans, everyone copies everyone, its how ideas spread. Somehow I don't think every culture had to invent their own wheel, things catch on and spread. Currently despite having better tech then other countries, the united states does not "control" space. In fact no country will probably control space even with the proliferation of space based weapon platforms, space as we think of it will probably be owned by a small number of enormously huge corporations.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Rick Valued Senior Member

Yes.But i think since China has the only potential to become a super power (India may be...although i am not sure)the Competition is Inevitable.And Plus China Is Communistic...

bye!

8. Cthulhu Banned Banned

I list two options in the article. China buys nuclear space technology from the Russians or goes it alone. There is also the option of Russia making a deal with China to share the technology in exchange for involvement. They can't be too happy about the US vamping up space access while their economy is going down the gurgler. Russia actually has more experience with launching reactors than the US does. China and Russia have become increasingly close in recent years. Particularly within the areas of Arms and Space technology trade. New treaties have been written up to accelerate such exchanges. Together they could rival US efforts at nuclearising Space.

9. Cthulhu Banned Banned

That is untrue. They went through an age of exploration before Europe did and using much larger seagoing vessels. If the first European explorers to sail into China's bays had arrived a few decades earlier they would have recieved quite a shock. Those expeditions went to such distant places as Australia and Africa. A giraffe skeleton exists at the Imperial Palace. A gift from an African ruler. Much of this rich history has been lost so we cannot know how well travelled the Chinese really were but in the end expense outweighed curiosity and this age of discovery came to a close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.