Will the next einstein be a computer

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by andy1033, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

well you all know where i am going here, with computer intelligence. do you think this is a possibility. how far away do you reckon we will have such a computer? etc...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

Positronic matrix is kinda difficult to stablize in case you don't know.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I would say someone that would equal or surpass Einstein would be in the Cybernetics Field of Study. Where the Human being is able to communicate with a machine so that he/she could clear up any errors that a machine might be thwarted by.

This eventually means that the person (although intelligent with the machine, and eventually intelligent without) is training the machine to be a better intelligence system, and might even teach it how to think for itself.

The question then would it be a clone, or just a disattached Artificial symbiont and would it miss the person it was previously attached to.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Will the next einstein be a computer ?

NO, unless computers take over the planet and file for patents and publish papers.

Incase you have not noticed, graduate students do all the work and the professor gets the credit. It happened to me too. Several years ago, I wrote and presented a paper at a computer conference. Needless to say, my boss attached his name and a business sponsor did the same so that they can have some fun away from the office. So essentially it will be the humans unless...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.