Will humans evolve further?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by grazzhoppa, Aug 4, 2002.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Yeah. We would need some sort of automated testing, free of human baist.

And who would classify Bush as smart? Not me, and Im a republican. Intelligence should be measured in pure book smarts and the ability to apply them. (though there are some unmeasurable skills, like art & music) All a politicien has to do is stand in front of a podium and talk.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

"Intelligence should be measured in pure book smarts and the ability to apply them. "

Why? That is an opinion. I know plenty of "book smart" people that should be weeded out of the gene pool.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Book Smart? Are you kidding? Tacit knowledge can be hard to find in a book. Besides, most books do not provide real knowledge, lest the consultant loses his or her income. Large consulting companies such as EDS, CSC, Mckinssey etc would go out of business if somebody can read a book and implement a solution.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. unbalanced Banned Banned

evolution prevention

Humans would evolve much more quickly if the politicians would relinquish control over our lives,so few ppl realize just how much of their existence is controlled by their governments.The only reason governments exist is to answer for those who refuse to answer for themselves.
    A step in the right direction would be to take back control of our lives,tear down the transmitter towers and relearn to think for ourselves,stop destroying our environment and our minds with the meaningless jibberish we are fed by the media,stop treating each other with cruelty and progress beyond reality as it is.
    The educators in america are teaching with their hands tied,you are taught what the govt wants you to know,there is so much more to it than getting good grades in school,you get good grades if you become well indoctrinated puppets,look elsewhere for knowledge,you won't live forever.

8. unbalanced Banned Banned

It's what you learn after you think you know everything that counts.

9. unbalanced Banned Banned

Politicians seldom speak their own words.

10. unbalanced Banned Banned

One should not claim loyalty to any fiction or mechanism,unless he wants to become one.

11. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

Unblanaced:

whats with the multiple consecutive posts?

"Humans would evolve much more quickly if the politicians would relinquish control over our lives"

Are you talking about Darwinian evolution or social evolution? We are talking about biology here.

"so few ppl realize just how much of their existence is controlled by their governments."

I think many more people don't care than not know. It is exactly what the government controls is what people don't realize.

"The only reason governments exist is to answer for those who refuse to answer for themselves."

That is definatly incorrect. Are you advocating anarchy? Government is there to serve the people, to better society. Whether it does that or not is a different story.

"A step in the right direction would be to take back control of our lives,tear down the transmitter towers and relearn to think for ourselves"

If we had to think for ourselves, everyone just wouldn't think. Its that simple. Instead of having less government, why don't we have a more easily controlled government?
    I, for one, think that there should be a factuality committee that reviews the media for incorrect information and invasion of privacy (Clinton).

"stop treating each other with cruelty and progress beyond reality as it is."

That is a very bias outlook.

"The educators in america are teaching with their hands tied,you are taught what the govt wants you to know"

The problem is we don't HAVE good TEACHERS. The government does not censor what is taught, they only give curriculums. Remeber that the government is not one person, there are many different branches, all with their own agenda.

"you get good grades if you become well indoctrinated puppets"

I assume you did poorly in school? I do much better in school when what is to be taught is useful and interresting. I do quite well in school and I am no puppet. Look at my topic "The US needs a revolution - new government".

12. unbalanced Banned Banned

ok

You don't agree with what I say,well hve it your way,but you are blind.

13. Frencheneesz Amazing Member Registered Senior Member

You can say that, great. It doesn't prove anything. I can also say you are short sighted, one sided, and unwilling to have your ideas contested.

14. unbalanced Banned Banned

ok

whatever

15. gladzic Registered Senior Member

To begin with, the evolution theory is full of loopholes. So why wonder if we will continue to evolve? Loophole 1: Humans came from primates. If this is true, why are there primates still? Loophole 2: All started from unicellular organisms, the protozoans, and thereafter became multicellular organisms. If this is so, why are there unicellular organisms still? Major Loophole: Principle of Survival of the Fittest! As previously argued, it is very apparent that all living things now are in various stages of perfection. Given that there different timelines for species to develop....we go back to loophole number 1 where the question why are there primates still?

16. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

17. unbalanced Banned Banned

Evolve?

the only thing that is really evolving in the human race is our evolving into a spiritless race,and the spirit is probably the most precious thing we can lose while we live.
    Remember that you are mortal,and the government is not,the only individuals who call anything other than the present government anarchy are just worried about losing their jobs.
    Education is taught through a government CONTROLLED cirriculum,just think what you would learn if you were taught what you were really interested in in school,you might be perfectly happy being a blacksmith.
    If I was unwilling to have my ideas contested ,I wouldn't be in this forum.and yes I am shortsighted,I'm just a mortal,and all the knowledge in the world will never change that.

18. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The Evolution Theory is Not Full of Loopholes

We'll probably take charge of our own evolution within the next century, after that, who knows what we'll become. There's no way someone from this time will be able to recognize a 3002er, though. Absolutely impossible. Humans will be irreparably different.

19. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

especially those humas who will be living on other planets. Over time they'd get suited (artificially with nonotechnology or evulutionary) for the local environment (if it wasn't terraformed 1:1 to earth).

I always remember this "story"

A boy at a Mars colony asks his daddy if there were any martians
    Dad said that there were and that he would show them to him.
    They walk to a pond and the father shows the boy their reflection

20. unbalanced Banned Banned

Evolutionary>>> THEORY<<<

Theory IS a loophole,it means it might pretty much be that way pardner,but dair ain no way ta prove it true,DA!
    Everybody has a theory and nobody knows for sure if it is right,every scientist in the world would agree with that if you asked him/her.

21. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

Unbalanced,
    A theory is not a loophole. You seem to be talking nonsense. Have you researched the theory of evolution?

22. airdog prehensile Registered Senior Member

If the Earth could have a point of view, it might be that humans=pollution...

23. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

unbalanced has avoided evolution

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!