Will Bush bomb Iran?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Sep 3, 2007.

1. jem123 Registered Member

lets hope so

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

hope what?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

in all honesty i think bush is crazy and/or dumb enough to bomb iran

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Why is China keeping so quiet on this?
    they are massive importers of Iranian oil.

8. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

And it will be for "Freedom" and "Democracy"
    And against "Tyranny" and "Evil"
    I could write the speech myself.

9. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

I can't wait to pull out of Iraq so I can deploy to Vancouver and get back to oppressing uppity Canadians.

Wait, what?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree, there's no way in hell we are attacking Iran. But wait, what was that? The Heritage Foundation is running wargames now? Planning to use another war as an excuse to implement all their wet dreams: opening up the arctic for short term exploitation and long term damage and ending import tariffs.

The Neo-cons are freaking INSANE.

11. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Of course we are. And for some time.

It's only your <~33% of the US electorate that prefers the Carter-approach to Iran.

The rest of us see Iran's mullah class lashing out at us in Iraq as whatever payback they can muster for our "meddling" in their little "island of bliss"--for the last, what, 6.5 years?

There's a whole world out here, in progress, and you progressive folks are missing it all from inside your misty bubble.

At least you're contained, unlike Saddam.

12. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Mr. Garrison why dont you go and fight in the front line?

peace.

13. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Remember when the US began it's invasion of Afghanistan? Iran really tried to make themselves our ally. In response the US doesn't even talk to them, and Bush makes the axis of evil speech.

Ah, how different things could have been now :/ Not only would we not be worrying about going to war with them, they could of been a quite valuable ally in Iraq.

Bush's attitude for Iran is basically responsible for their extremism, and if they are making nuclear weapons, blame Bush.

Another reason to vote for Obama, who would meet with Iran in his first year.

Anyway, doesn't Bush require Congress to authorize the war? There is no way he can get it. And if he looks like he is going to start ANYTHING he needs to be impeached (with Cheney immediately after).

14. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Because our back-sides need protection, too?

15. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Remember when I wasn't laughing hysterically?

16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Obama. He'll talk to our enemies and bomb our allies!

17. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Typical Mr. G post. Makes you have to decipher something that is off topic and you don't care about anyway.

I can try and guess what your point is since you were unspecific, as usual, but none of my guesses add up to something that is worthwhile or logical... So one of my guesses was probably right.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No. The authorization he used to invade Iraq has not been repealed - he can attack Iran whenever he wants to, according to his interpretation of that authorization.
    He's been looking like he was trying to start things with Iran - sending in terrorists, making pugnacious speeches, rigging intelligence and exaggerating threat, demonizing AJ, accumulating strike groups in the Persian Gulf, setting up anti-missile agreements in neighboring countries, etc - for a couple of years now. For a while, it looked like an airstrike early this summer - but unfortunate events apparently prevented the necessary political support from assembling. Now we seem to be seeing another propaganda campaign in the early stages of launch.

19. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Al Qaeda isn't our ally last I checked.

It never stops being funny that conservatives think trying to resolve issues diplomatically is immoral/traitorous... Well, actually it isn't funny when the bombs start to drop.

20. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I doubt he can get support, even if he had more time in office. However I don't doubt his ability to do something stupid, like start a war without anyone else agreeing.

What do you mean by sending in terrorists? I never heard of that. Good points though. The democratic leadership is cowardly for vowing not to impeach him.

21. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The MEK (the same ones Saddam was supporting, on the Iranian border), and the Baluchistanis (who turned out to be almost instant blowback), probably the main ones.

And the various special ops - like the one the Brits got caught at, practicing landings on the Iranian coast - would be called "terrorist" incursions, if the shoe were on the other foot.

The apparent, or rumored, media strategy is to launch another propaganda campaign, enough to get US public support up around 35% or more. Considering the recent gullibility of that core 30% that still thinks W is fighting the good fight, and an Israeli lobby strongly in favor of stomping on Iran, this is not beyond possibility. My first guess would be some exaggeration or invention concerning Iranian killing of US soldiers - even mercenaries or contractors - in Iraq, couple with some more demonization of AJ (selected misquotes, etc). If a border incident can be provoked, so much the better - so far, Iran has simply ignored the abuse of its citizens in Iraq, the terrorists on its borders, the financing and support oif insurrection within its territory, etc, and refuses to be provoked.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  22. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

All these threats against Iran will come to pass. There will be war. Regrettably, very regrettably. Kids will die, mothers and fathers will grieve ... and then also die ... politicians will dance like dervishes on the wings of power. The human condition is self perpetuating. History has taught us nothing.

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/09/02/3559/

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article18285.htm

http://rawstory.com//news/2007/Pentagon_draws_Threeday_blitz_plan_for_0901.html

etc...

23. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

And you're impotent because you cannot compel your leadrship to impeach Bu$hHitler on your command.

Symmetry.