Why you are an asshat, and I rule.

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by 15ofthe19, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

I'm trying to get a mental picture of what an asshat is. Apparently we're all asshats. (according to 15ofthe19.) Maybe he could enlighten me.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I think it's the Third Lesson of Political Contortionism.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

15 your opener fits to a t eh?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

Furiously working on today's lesson from the Grand High Council of My Incredible Brain, so I will have to deal with your assertions in due time. For the moment, know that you have my blessing, and go forth and spread the good news that indeed, the Savior of Humanity is alive and well, and busy hashing out the most esoteric details of his latest, most spot-on piece of scripture to date.

More later...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

way... WAY too short.

if you really had any self worth, you'd have a lot more to say.

9. Bells Staff Member

Hmm tell me 15, do you wear a cape? Scream out 'to infinity and over there' when your errrr saving humanity...?

Do you wiggle and squeeze yourself into your lycra suit with your support underwear on the outside? Cape flapping behind you as you stand in front of the fan... for effect of course...

Are you 'speshuuuuaaallllll'

?

10. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

hehe, your funny Bells, first laugth of the day thanks

11. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

At this time I think it's only prudent that I share my second lesson in what will become known as "The Undeniable Truth" as put forth by me, 15ofthe19, the lord and savior of Sciforums.

It has come to my attention that many of my subjects, not just here on Sciforums, but across this fruited plain, have unwittingly, or in some disturbing cases, wittingly come to believe that personal responsibility is no longer an essential ingredient in the make-up of a decent human being. The very idea that a person could find themselves in a bad situation as a result of the choices he/she made seems to cause great cognitive dissonance for many of my subjects. Were I mortal, I would find this realization quite perplexing, but thanks to my inherent infinite wisdom on all subjects, I view this growing trend with equal amounts of disappointment and compassion. It is this compassion that compells me to share my infinite wisdom with the mere mortals that inhabit my domain.

Lesson the first: If you believe that ordering a Diet Coke, with your Big Mac, Large Fry, and Apple Pie somehow offsets the fact that you are ingesting close to 100 grams of fat with each setting of said meal is somehow going to offset the potential negative effects on your body, you are a complete and total shitcock. And further, if you drag your lardass into some shyster attorneys office and implore him to file a class action lawsuit against Mickey D's on your behalf, because you displayed no self-control, and couldn't limit yourself to one cheeseburger once a week, and now you have deadly serious health concerns which you want to blame on Mc, you are the Lord Of The Shitcocks. You deserve to die a painfully slow death at the behest of heart disease, stroke, and whatever else results from over-indulgence in eating shitty food.

Lesson the second: This is the year 2004. The revelation that cigarettes are bad for you is at least 50 years old. With the exception of FR, Spyke and maybe a few others, there is not a person on this forum that can honestly plead "I didn't know" when it comes to the potential health hazards that go along with regular use of tobacco. So with that being said, if you are a big enough asshat to keep smoking in light of all of the warnings against said habit, you don't have any fucking right to complain to anybody about the heinous shit that is going to befall you if you continue the aforementioned behavior. You wanna smoke? FINE. But don't come crying to me when you're carrying an oxygen tank around with at Wal-Mart. You made the choice to keep smoking, and guess the fuck what? You've got emphysema or lung cancer now, and tough fucking shit for you. I'm as sympathetic to you as I am a guy who gets his jollies playing Russian roulette and BOOOM!, one night his number finally gets called. Tough luck loser. You don't like it? QUIT FUCKING SMOKING! It will save all of us a lot of money in the end.

In the meantime, the asshats in California that want to ban smoking on the beach need to get a grip. If I catch a whif of side-stream smoke, so the fuck what? How is that an assault on my civil rights? I smell the stench of the paper mill every time I make the drive down to Chattaboogie and pass through Calhoun. Should I sue Bowater for making me wrinkle up my nose? If I do, I damn sure better not use ANY paper around my house, or you know what, that would make me an asshat. I like cheap paper, hell I use a lot of paper. So I tolerate the smell, and go on my merry way. Wow, what a tough guy that makes me. I can actually tolerate something I find unpleasant because I can see the bigger picture. They should build a monument to me in downtown Knoxville. I'm a friggin hero.

Lesson the third: YOU DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING. REALLY, YOU DON'T! THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

With that little lesson out of the way, I would just like to point out a disturbing pattern of behavior on Sciforums. It goes a little something like this:

Posted by some asshat: I believe that chocolate ice cream is the best flavor of ice cream ever invented. Please prove me wrong.

Responses: You might be right, but studies have shown that in some areas Vanilla outsells Chocolate 2:1.

Asshat: Screw you. Your results are biased and what the hell do you know anyway!

Responses: Ok, I thought you wanted people to respond with arguments of why Chocolate might not be the best ever invented. Don't take it personal. What was the point of your question anyway?

Asshat: Quit ad hom-ming me dammit. You're just bad people dammit. Leave me alone.**runs off to room, slams door, and loses self in Mortal Kombat for a few hours until mom says "go to bed"**

And so on and so forth....

Any of you with at least a few years of separation between you and your teenage years have certainly witnessed the above scenario.

Conclusion: Don't ask open ended questions on the internet and then turn around and get pissed when the answers contradict your preconceived notions. It just makes you look like an insufferable twit.

12. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Thank you for proclaiming the obvious.

13. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

You're welcome Ozy. Somebody's gotta do it. Might as well be me. After all, we've already established that I'm never wrong.

14. Bells Staff Member

15th...

Lycra suit stretched and sagging at his knees..

Support underwear worn on the outside of his pants.. wonder if I should tell him they're on inside out and that there's a hole in his backside..

Cape flapping in the wind behind him as he runs for the glass sliding door on his way out to save humanity from its own stupidity... hmmm should I tell him the door is closed..

Watches as 15th knocks himself out after smashing into the glass door... hears him fart as he falls to the ground.. ugh .. loss of consciousness also means loss of bowel control.. .. hope he remembered to wear his nappy.. errr asshat...

Hears the support underwear split further as he falls over... ugh and he farts again...

His nappy.. ermm asshat.. is going to be full when he comes to...

15. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

What a ... a ...

... vibrant and interesting personality you have.

Now kindly remove yourself from the gene pool, you're muddying it up.

16. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

What an incredibly lazy response. I would have expected better from a self-proclaimed Buddhist.

17. Maia Crimson Spirit Registered Senior Member

I never actually said I was Buddhist myself.

18. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

You definately rule, and I am SO the asshat for ever having doubted that!

I think I might have been thinking there for a second. Sorry about that. I know I'm not qualified in comparison.

It's this ass on my head.

I'd take it off, but the smell is crippling.

19. water the sea Registered Senior Member

(((((I shouldn't be writing this, actually, but my vanity propells me to it: I think 15ofthe19 is being subversive. Meta.
    Khhhihi. By claiming things like "As far as I can tell, I am never wrong" and being "the lord and savior of Sciforums" -- he is saying, at least to me, that one shouldn't think that there is such a thing like "the lord and savior of Sciforums", and that by all means, we should not think that someone can never be wrong. A certain delicate/stinky phenomenon can sometimes be represented best by presenting what that phenomenon isn't. Good one, 15ofthe19. Ja, du hast IMMER recht.

)))))

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

this thread is about how cool 15ofthe19 is....
    but he has feathered hair.

just thought you should all know.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The thread is also 3 years old.

22. BenTheMan Dr. of Physics, Prof. of Love Valued Senior Member

That's because you don't post in the Physics forum.

23. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

how about the next 1 that resurrects a thread that is more the 6 month old gets a 3 day ban, including a free 3 days bonus ban for complaining upon there return.