Why Talk?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Jonny5, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Jonny5 "oky dokey" Registered Senior Member

-Said to -Suha in Paradise Now

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Satyr Banned Banned

Why fart?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

Why shit?

8. Satyr Banned Banned

Why smell it?

9. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Why the what in where when whizzle?

10. Satyr Banned Banned

Why ...why?

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Why care?

12. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Why Wii?

13. nicholas1M7 Banned Banned

Hence... why do we bother with this thread?

14. Jonny5 "oky dokey" Registered Senior Member

TO:SoLiDUS,Satyr,nicholas1M7,Hapsburg,Absane,swivel

A reasonable and innocent inquiry battered with a mixture of impartibly tasteless and repulsive responses. Such prose, to entertain the pacification of an apparently straightforward question with dim humor, whilst putrefying the very sarcasm it staffs. My sincere condolences to you’re superfluous intellects.

I am curious to know if anyone with a hint of originality and sensible deliberation has anything real to weigh in.

15. Jonny5 "oky dokey" Registered Senior Member

One is curious to know why people think they talk. To manipulate anyone so they can obtain all of that which they desire, to ardently understand and empathize with others and their life’s proceedings, to substantiate themselves, to eradicate their foes, and so forth onward into the complex of social escapades? What makes one person more prone to be verbally abusive? What makes another more prone to sprout praise? Et cetera. Tis asked out of pure curiosity for human cognition.

16. Satyr Banned Banned

Why, oh why?

Communication.
    Why else?

Talking is a more sophisticated form of grooming.

17. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

You have a commendable vocabulary but it doesn't facilitate communication with others: it's needlessly complicated and comes off as forced. Simplify...

I'm starting to think you put your posts through a word processor in order to embellish them.

18. Satyr Banned Banned

I don’t know, his edifying, pontifications, impregnated my imagination and fertilized my consciousness with verbose hubris.

He wants to appear as more deep than he actually is. This makes him all the more shallow.

19. HonorAndStrength I know nothing Registered Senior Member

I suspected that too. Also, I tried to tell him to stop doing that. Communication should be efficient and precise. Drowing ideas in non-essential and uncommon synonyms is not the way to promote our ideas.

his title alone "An Amorous Anonymous Anemones" tells me he likes to play with words

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Then you have his name 'Jonny5', which I presume to be 'Johnny Five', the robot from the movie 'Short Circuit'... anyone remember? Johnny Five could read whole books in a manner of seconds.
    Perhaps our Jonnyboy has a superiority complex.
    Lighten up

Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Satyr already gave the correct answer a few posts ago, so now we can go off on a tangent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5277090.stm

That's right, even your average cow speaks in dialect. And therefore has culture!

21. Satyr Banned Banned

Thanks for paying attention and seeing it through my insults and sarcasm.

perplexity
    Oh, I haven’t, ever, heard this one before.

Yes dear, you are special, and deep and complicated and I’ve only been projecting my insecurities and self-evaluations upon you.

Now, move on.
    You are becoming boring in your special, complicated, deep ways.

I think you would be surprised if you knew how many people “pay attention” to me.
    Mostly unwanted attention.

Even in your feigned disinters you contradict yourself with actions.

Do me a favor and prove your point by ignoring me....Please.
    You have nothing to say of interest to me and reading your attempts to avoid the premises I’ve described for you, has lost its amusement factor.
    Now you are just boring me.

Let us just say that human beings are nice, good, compassionate, beings – except for the odd, dysfunctional and ill one, like me – and you are smart, lovable, and deserving of life’s wonders with no hypocrisy or ulterior motives vying for physical or psychological domination to prove their manhood.
    You, and your friends, are just like they appear to be.

Now run along little doggy…..Play with your little friends and call it philosophy.

22. Satyr Banned Banned

Why talk?

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You can't draw conclusions from visits to Finland. It one of the few nations where silence is acceptable and where silence is used to talk.