Why StarTrek bites

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Dec 8, 2002.

?

I would rather watch....

1. StarTrek

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. StarGate

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Farscape

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

This is a list of why startrek bites the big one. It sucks, come on trekkies, admit it!

Reasons why it sucks:

1. I've seen that plot before.... The constant remakes of all of these episodes... How many times has a crew member been taken over by an alien entity? About 1 billion.

2. Star Trek Geeks: Unwanted Children... Id sell my kids before I let them become trekkies.... Take your spook ears off son, or your going to be sold to some weird pedophila.

3. The entire world that the Star Trek Universe has created is bogus and lacking color. Take, for example, the fact that nobody in the Star Trek Universe listens to rock music. The one episode where a character did listen to rock, he was discouraged by Picard, and the alien Rock'N'Roll was excessively dissonant.

4. The individual's quarters are almost completely lacking in those personal touches -- knick-nacks, posters, personal effects. Crew quarters are sterile. Only once in a while (usually when the plot calls for it) do we see personal effects and individual decor.

5. What is up with the Klingons? I hate them.

Anf finally the #6 reason why I hate startrek:

The women are all ugly!

I dare all trekkies to disprove me me! Muwhahahahah!!!

-CounslerCoffee

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

Pssst.... I agree completely but you have to be careful with this sort of subject. Some people will rip your throat out for saying that stuff.

ARE YOU CRAZY THERE IS NO WAY THAT STAR TREK SUCKS.

See.. you have to try and blend in and if anyone asks you a question about any episode, just answer with a "Yes", "No", or an "I'm not sure"

Last edited: Dec 8, 2002
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Finally you guys are growing up....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

FARSCAPE is way better then startrek. pssst... Im doing this so that the scifi forum wont be a saggy forum anymore, but startrek still bites.

8. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Star Trek is garbage. Poorly written, poorly acted, no direction,
    one-dimensional characters, lame dialogue and perfunctory motivation.

Star Trek is the tin god of science fiction.

Peace.

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Wow, Stargate is winning. This thread is oozing taste

Star Trek:ToS was just the nerds equvilent to James Bond. Always fighting menacing races (Russians) and scoring with alien "babes" (human "babes").

And about the drab quarters, I would go insane if I was in one of those for a week!! I need colours on my walls. You only see the odd picture (small and usually of family) and one or two ornaments. The replicator must be the most exciting thing in the room!!

Now to the actors, I rarely see any good acting there, except from Brent Spinner, but you don't need to be good to do that job do you

As you all know, I consider Stargate a far superior show. There are a few things that annoy me about that, but the main one is Amanda Tapping's annoying strut!! The other thing is similar to what happened in Sliders alot, a new event happens at the end of the show but come next episode, its aboit something else. I really, really wanted to see more of that Purple Planet

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Although there are many problems with star trek, I still love watching the Next Generation whenever I can, and I feel that the recent movies have done a pretty good job. All of the problems you address are true (except for the part about none of the women being hot, Mariana Sirtis is...hot), but there are many pros to the series.

The interesting science fiction it can deal with (i.e The Crystalline Entity)

The fact that, more or less, the cult following began attempting to create objects out of TOS (cell phones).

Yeah. Some interesting scifi. But farscape is at least equal, if not better.

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I enjoyed TNG for the most part. DS9 had it's good moments (especially the final episode, I thought that was very well done). Voyager was mostly horrible, save for a few episodes. Enterprise I don't care for, I hate that captain guy and the episodes mostly have no point to them.

12. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Pollux your young. You will stop loving simple TV like startrek when you get older.

What is up with that Picard guy? He's a balding french man, do women seriously find that atractive?

-CounslerCoffee

Oh yeah. Im still waiting for the trekkies to show up.

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

*in Austin Powers voice* Actually he's English

Voyager is a waste of good TV, if they just set the ship on full speed and went forward, they'd be home half way through series one, but nooooo, they have to stop and ponce about

14. UberDragon The Freak at the Computer Registered Senior Member

I understand where Counselor is coming from. The actor is British but his character has a French name. talk about your strong casting crew.

15. sintec Registered Member

I must say that I'm a big fan of star trek, and i watch star trek regulary. I also watch stargate regulary. That star trek ruled to the point where TNG finished and to a half of epiodes of DS9. Voyager is shit and so is ENT. I must admit that right now the way better show is stargate. NOOOOOOOOOO!

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes, come to the dark side....

17. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Thor,

Stargate isnt the dark side. Farscape is. When was the last time a main character on stargate died and didnt come back to life? On farscape we had:

Jool- She left.
    Zhaan- Died
    Johns Clone- Had sex with Aeryn possible leaving her pregnant, and then died.
    Crais- Died on Talyn.
    Talyn- Died with crais. (Talyn is moyas son, a living ship)

Farscape is way darker then stargate/startrek. Thus it rules.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ok, I'm not even gonna say anything but

STARGATE RULES!!! For many, many reasons

19. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

You have no reasons for it to rule! Muwhahahaha!

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I have loads, just wait for me to put up the revised revised revised version of the Stargate v Farscape thread

21. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

You cant win! Scapers of Erp unite! Muwhahahaha!!!!

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

"Gaters" have a top show, we can't lose!!

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Gaters is just a stupid name. Just as stupid as the NFL team.

Scapers are cool. We have class and women who wear leather. Gaters get Carter and O'Neil.... ewww:bugeye: