Why should we believe in rebirth ?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by plakhapate, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plakhapate Banned Banned

It has been scientifically proved that there is continuous decay and regeneration process in our body.

That means some cells are died and new cells are continuously formed.

That means we are dieing at the same time we are taking rebirth.

This forces us to believe in rebirth.

That means after death of entire body we must be taking rebirth.

Thus our belief that there exist birth/death cycle is also true.

Please comment.

P.J.LAKHAPATE

plakhapate@rediffmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

nerve cells only die, they do not grow back. and they are the most important cells and the ones tied to who you really are. they will only all die when you die.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Michael Falkov Registered Member

Question Seven: In what way does the death and formation of cells within
    -----------------our bodies mean that we are dieing and taking rebirth?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nasor Valued Senior Member

All right.

I suppose you could look at it that way.

Bzzzt. Nope, sorry, please try again. It does not logically follow that we must be completely reborn after we die simply because our cells replace themselves. Perhaps our cells replace themselves for a while, and then stop replacing themselves and we die without being reborn. This appears to be what happens. There is no logical connection between your premise and your conclusion.

8. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

why should we believe in rebirth?because the concept of nothingness scares the shit out of most of us.

9. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Wouldn't sperm interacting with a female egg (just as our cells interact with one another to create new ones) be considered rebirth since you're creating a new part of yourself?

- N

10. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

New studies in the pass two years show that brain cells can regrow.

However, a regenerative human body is more like a self-repair system than a rebirth of some sorts.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  11. RoyLennigan Registered Senior Member

studies show that synapses can be repaired, and that damaged nerves can regrow, but i dont think that nerves can be fully regrown from a dead cell.

12. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

No cell can regrow from dead cell without artificial manipulation. If it can regrow naturally, it wouldn't be called dead from the first place.

13. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

If nothingness was scary, it would not be nothingness. I have never understood why the FUCK people could be afraid of NOTHING.

14. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Because it's unknown.

15. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

"why should we believe in rebirth?because the concept of nothingness scares the shit out of most of us"- Kenworth

Actually it's the other way around for me. Anyway most astonishing is how these cells over a long peiod of time morphed from simple cells to complex organized tissues and thinking organisms like Homo Sapiens. In depth answers to these type of questions and alien life may be known to a few like the government, because I strongly believe that the important discoveries in sciences are known only by the elite and goverment, all auxilliary and peripheral sciences is fed to the public as misleading Bullshit. After all knowledge is power.

16. allisone417 i'll be in my room Registered Senior Member

because i thouroughly enjoy the opposite of nothing. i dont want this to end. it does scare the shit out of me, because i dont know what i'm going to do. I wish i didnt know about it. take all the old and dying people to some "special place". Dont let me know!

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There is no imperative in Buddhism to believe in rebirth, this was Buddha's revelation, and he suggests you cross-check it with your own experience. My view is that Buddhist rebirth isn't the rebirth of the body, but the inheritence of delusional thought patterns from culture. Unless you question "your own" assumptions, you continue the process. In transcending a language-driven symbolic conception of reality, you break the cycle of rebirth, and truly become an individual.

18. c7ityi_ Registered Senior Member

why nut? even if you're in heaven here on earth, what does death matter if death is non-existence, unconsciousness? you'll never think anything, you'll never remember any of this.

please. if life ends, you can't DO anything, so you don't have to worry about being bored or something.

what do you do when you're unconscious sleeping? nothing. are you bored? no. nothing.

nothingness is my greatest "dream"...

19. allisone417 i'll be in my room Registered Senior Member

im rebooting. with halucinations 30% of the time.

20. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

if you think of rebirth as the creation of new cells then you are correct, as the same components that form the cells of every living creature are the same ones all over the galaxy, and for billions of years have been recicled through death and birth.

your consciousnes which makes you who you are cannot live after the death of your body though, as it depends on the physic organisation of these components. if you damage your spine, the use of your legs or/and arms is forever lost. if you damage your brain, you might lose several functions of your body and you might also lose some of your consciousness. it is logical that when the activity of your brain ceases, your consciousness is lost

21. Peedarp Registered Member

If we humans, with all our chauvinism, consider ourselves superior to all other beings, we must believe in rebirth. Else, our sole purpose on Earth is no more than we condescend to allocate to all other living creatures - be born, eat, multiply and die.

22. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

y dont you get that?im afraid of my conciousness ending.of no more thoughts,no more feelings etc.

23. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

how is it the other way around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.