Why no science of logic ?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by river, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Write4U Valued Senior Member

IMO, this all rest on a fundamental truth that all physical expression and movement is in the direction of greatest satisfaction. i.e. rest.

Newton's Laws of motion explain this natural logical phenomenon.
    inertia, friction, unifirm motion; The three logical laws of Inertia (of a physical object).

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Predictability of behavior based on the known natural interactions of specific inherent values and functions?

We codified a lot of it and the value/function result of the interaction between 2 + 2 values, results in a total = 4 values has not changed for 300,000 years of recorded human observation.
    It's a dependable belief! You can count on it! Our lives depend on it!

Logic only asks to be accepted as a true aspect of the essence of the universe. Why resist.
    Resistance is futile........

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

So, Biology is a life-form that needs energy - sun Light or some Other element -
    and here I thought biology was a science. Well, now we're going to need a science of biology to study the science of biology, and we haven't even got a philosophy of biology yet. Cho-chop, people! Lime's a tastin!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. river

Satisfaction ? Rest ? Interesting .

If that's true , then physical expression and movement , is based on Life .

8. river

Do you not understand why you eat in the first place ?

You don't .

9. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Or "necessity and sufficiency".
    The movement from chaos to order and equilibrium. Symmetry.
    These are all related to the concepts of universal Logic as an essence of the physical universe, IMO.

Logic is not aware, however it is self-referential, enabling the emergence of physically based mathematical potentials of values and functions . Evolution.

10. river

And from equilibrium to chaos to asymmetry . Recycle of energy to matter form , back to energy .

Write4U likes this.
  11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

The Resistance is always evolving
    Illogical Science is futile

12. Write4U Valued Senior Member

We get hungry due to the "necessity" to replace lost energy from daily activity. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is "sufficient" to replace the used energy.

This "quest" for energy can already be seen in the paramecium, a single celled predatory organism.

13. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Me is one thing. Me is simple.
    What I don't know and need to know quite urgently, is what to feed Logic. It's looking peaky. It's looking downright emaciated.
    Either it needs to consume something - an element, a philosophy, a science, a Sun Light - something -
    or else Something needs to consume It. Physically.

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

Rationalist factualism Vs absolutism ...
    i doubt you will find any reason there.

15. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Scientist always talk about the "map" is not the "territory. Logic does not require energy to exist. Logic is what all physical things "use" as a regulatory partner to Energy. Mathematics are the properties of physics that answer to the regulatory demands of the territory of Logic.

Logic is the territory, the immeasurable stage on which the drama of universal dynamics is played out by several orderly actors.

But the territory of orderly dynamic change creates a necessity for a mathematical (orderly) chronology. (Act 1, Act 2, Act 3). That is the mathematical map we can measure and draw.

Laws of Logic.
    a) Law of Detachment: Given a conditional statement that is true and a hypothesis that is true, then the conclusion is also true. Examples: Using the Law of Detachment, state the conclusion. If an angle is obtuse, then it cannot be acute. If I pass the test, then I get an “A” in Geometry.
    b) The Law of Syllogism, also called reasoning by transitivity, is a valid argument form of deductive reasoning that follows a set pattern. It is similar to the transitive property of equality, which reads: if a = b and b = c then, a = c. ... If they are true, then statement 3 must be the valid conclusion.
    Laws of Thought.
    Laws of thought, traditionally, the three fundamental laws of logic: (1) the law of contradiction, (2) the law of excluded middle (or third), and (3) the principle of identity.[/quote]https://www.britannica.com/topic/laws-of-thought

And apparently our understanding of the Laws of Thought "sufficient" to build a practical working model of the Logical territory. Which would suggest that our understanding of Logic is functional.

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  16. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

I completely stop trying. Reason needs elemental light Particles to eat and the energy is too low of a wattage to form an entire science. Manually. And when you contemplate factually, what good is a 2.5% of a Science?

17. Jeeves Valued Senior Member

Once in gibbous moon.

18. Write4U Valued Senior Member

However, Understanding the Logic of something does not necessarily mean Applying the Logic properly.
    Else why do we have global warming while we we are seeking habitable planets trillions of miles away just in case we need to terra-form them to livable standards.
    All this time and treasure, while we are busy destroying the only perfectly terra-formed planet we know of......

Non-logical chronology will get you (or your grand-children) killed.

19. billvon Valued Senior Member

?? We're not. Where the heck did you get that?

20. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

If we are doing that, I wanna go! I'm tired of earthlings.

21. Write4U Valued Senior Member

LOGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are we not masters of the universe? We are learning how to terraform!

Remember we looked at the moon. Mars is next.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraforming

22. billvon Valued Senior Member

So since we have aimed telescopes at extrasolar planets, we are "seeking them in case we need to terraform?"

If that's an example of your logic . . . .

23. Write4U Valued Senior Member

Not as a primary objective, but my logic comes from the quoted links citing terraforming which logically suggests a scientific interest in possible terraforming of solar or extrasolar planets, no?

What I find completely illogical is the fact that we already have a planet which does not need to be terraformed.
    All it needs is to be utilized in a logical manner, conserving as much of the natural ecosphere as possible and using all that extra money for maintenance of a stable atmosphere.

That is how all other species treat the earth. Pure unadulterated (uncorrupted) logic!