Why men are like chimps and women are not

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by S.A.M., Sep 12, 2006.

1. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Sorry to make you weep Sam

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Women behave like chimps as well, female chimps. But female chimps are boring, so the behaviour we think of when we think of chimps is male behaviour because they are doing things which are interesting and worth filming/writing about.
    If we had nature documentaries on humans it would have stuff like men fighting and hunting and building and doing things, not women gossiping to eachother while pummeling grain (or getting a haircut).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Lesbianism is the answer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

This study is interesting, but not at all surprising. Anyone who's ever worked in an office knows that women are not team players.

Hell, look at family relations. You always hear about trouble with mother in laws. Never with father in laws.

Men might get in a fight, but when its over, it's over. Women declare jihad and go on and on for thirty years. My wife of sixteen years still brings up crap I can't even remember from high school!

It all makes sense from an evolutionary perspective. Men had to fight/hunt in groups. If they couldn't get along, the whole tribe suffered. Perhaps the entire tribe might even be wiped out in war if the men couldn't fight together effectively.

Meanwhile, the women were back in the village/cave taking care of the kids. The better each female was at backstabbing and politics, the larger share of the tribe's resources she could get for her offspring. Selfish, manipulative women would have more of their offspring survive. So each generation of females was more selfish and manipulative until these traits reached their pinicle in the person of Hilary Clinton!

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It's okay, I've left the "catch 'em young, and watch 'em grow" gang.

9. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

You deserve a banana for that post.

10. Bum Bum Registered Member

I wish i were a chimp