Why majority Jews reject Jesus as Son of God ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jun 18, 2003.

1. stretched a junkie's broken promise Valued Senior Member

Hi Staples,

Yup you are right, this statement...

"We give credit to God for creating us, and everything we do stems from God's creation. We have nothing to take pride in for ourselves, because everything that is good, meritous and sustaining comes from God. God did not create us so we could raise ourselves up, but so that we could glorify Him! Because all glory belongs to Him in the first place."

...is totally nauseating. It carries all the hallmarks of indoctrination and control and mental enslavement. This nullifies and degrades every empathetic and compassionate act that man commits unto his fellow man. Yeah, like I want my kids to glorify me. That’s why I had kids silly!

The Jews don’t believe Jesus as the son of god or the messiah mainly because of the following:

Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:

1) Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
    2) Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
    3) Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
    4) Jewish belief is based on national revelation.

Read further here, all will be revealed. http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/jewsandjesus.htm

Allcare.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. johnahmed Registered Senior Member

"my God My God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me">>>>>..does That Sound Like God ???

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

johnahmed: "my God My God, Why Has Thou Forsaken Me">>>>>..does That Sound Like God ???
    M*W: No, of course not. There's also a passage that says something like, "Greater love has no man than he who lays down his life for his friend." Obviously, this is a reference to Jesus's stand-in on the cross. Some scholars say it was Simon the Cyrene, and others believe it to be Judas Sicariote. He was given the title "Bar-Abbas," or "son of the father." Then Pilate put a sign on the cross to indicate that the man hanging on the cross was NOT Jesus but his stand-in. That's why the sign read "INRI," this is "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" to represent Jesus on the cross when he was obviously NOT there!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pez11 Just visiting Registered Senior Member

He is back! I saw him pumping gas at the Exxon station on Rt 17 in NJ.

8. you non-religious &/or anti-christian types amaze me with your ignorance, yet you pontificate as if you were experts; more like experts in daydreaming

the reference is from Psalms 22, by which Jesus declares this event as prophecy fulfilled, read more Bible, if you're gonna be an 'expert'
    there's more, read the link

9. obviously? to you, you mean, what with those magic rose-tinted glasses, that let you see into the 12th dimension, or is that "Lucy in the skies with diamonds" playing in your head that tells you everything?

would those be the same scholars that helped in Dan Brown's forged history? or those gullible muslim scholars that recite the "Gospel of Barnabas" as true history?
    man! lady, you are so anti-christian, that you believe anything if it fits in your anti-christian worldview; no sane, logical person would believe that bogus lie, its so flimsy, weak, just like your logic, (lack therof)
    LOL
    hahahahahaha
    hahahahahaha
    hahahahahaha

10. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Says the person who thinks he's gonna be rescued by a big invisible sky daddy as long as he behaves all because some shepherd several thousand years ago said so..

You probably also think jesus was a white man...

So much for logic.

11. Joeman Eviiiiiiiil Clown Registered Senior Member

It depends on who you talk to. Evangelical Christians will tell you God hardened their heart. Everyone's spiritually depraved. Jews are not unconditionally elected.

12. staples disconnected Registered Senior Member

Another quick thought,

Jesus had to die, no question about it (for Christians anyway). Most people think Jewish people killed him. If you are Mel Gibson Jews killed him in a homoerotic sadistic fashion, man I love South Park.

But besides that it is also said that Jews are gods chosen people. What if they were not only god's chosen people but the people chosen by god to kill Jesus as well. That makes sense to me. So ultimately, Christian's have the Jewish people to thank, and should probably be Jewish if we follow this line of thought.

Thanks for agreeing stretched, how can a god lecture humans on arogance when he can't see through his own veil of self importance?

staples disconnected