Why majority Jews reject Jesus as Son of God ?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Saint, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

We give credit to God for creating us, and everything we do stems from God's creation. We have nothing to take pride in for ourselves, because everything that is good, meritous and sustaining comes from God. God did not create us so we could raise ourselves up, but so that we could glorify Him! Because all glory belongs to Him in the first place.

Read the Bible and see if Jesus never gave thanks to God for things attributed to Him. We are following his example.

John 5:19
    Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

Ephesians 5:20
    always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

What garbage are you babbling on about? My point was what kind of a teacher can a person be if he hates his parents, wife and children. If someone is at that stage it's obvious he doesn't like anyone and as such, imo, would not make a very good teacher.

Furthermore it says pretty clearly: "I have not come to bring peace but to set a man against his father etc etc"

Nowhere does it say Snakelord is accusing christians of promoting slavery. Frankly i find it lame how you attempt miserably to warp a simple sentence to make me look like im the one who said it.

According to the scripture jesus said: "I, (I = jesus), have Not come to bring peace...."

If we break this sentence down we can state it means the following:

jesus has not come to bring peace.

"But to set a man against his father.."

If we break that down we can see this:

jesus has not come to bring peace but to set people against each other.

So, if we all argue with each other and go against each other, we have in fact fulfilled what jesus came to do. In doing so, we also become his disciples, as long as we hate everyone aswell.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

Thanx to God for everything?

Again, you miss the point and you contradict yourself and your Bible scripture. "...the Son can do nothing by himself;..." was Jesus' admitting that he was only human. Believing that your higher power lives within you and, therefore, you are One with God, is what Jesus was refering to. Without God, you are nothing. With God, your capabilities are endless. "...because whatever the Father does the Son also does...." Again, this is what I've said about being One with God. This absolutely has NOTHING to do with any power Jesus had of himself.

If you are "always giving thanks to God the Father for everything," you would also be thanking yourself and building up your own spirit which IS the spirit of God.

You Xians focus on such miniscule words from such an out-dated, mistranslated, written-by-men book, that you fail to see God's power in your own life! This is why I believe Xianity is the AntiX, and you and your compadres are a big part of this delusion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Maybe but then the bible says that God is our only teacher. God is the source of all goodness. So implying that God is not good does not make sense. God defines what is good.

John 15:19 "If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have choseen you out of the world, the world hates you." The hate is one of seperation.

Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, against the man who is my associate, says the LORD of hosts. Strike the shepherd that the sheep may be dispersed, and I will turn my hand against the little ones. In all the land, says the LORD, two thirds of them shall be cut off and perish, and one third shall be left. I will bring the one third through fire, and I will refine them as silver is refined, and I will test them as gold is tested."

The mission of Jesus was not peace in the humanistic way, but the proclaim peace given to us by crushing Satan. King Tyre clearly represents Satan in this <a TARGET="info" onClick="infoWindow=window.open('search.asp','info','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=560,height=420')" href="http://www.ewtn.com/vbible/search.asp?abbr=Zech&ch=9&bv1=1&ev1=17">passage</a> because of what is written in <a TARGET="info" onClick="infoWindow=window.open('search.asp','info','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=560,height=420')" href="http://www.ewtn.com/vbible/search.asp?abbr=Ezek&ch=28&bv1=11&ev1=19">Ezekiel</a>.

8. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

1 Timothy 5:8
    If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

You do not want to understand what Jesus was saying and therefore you would say this is a contradiction. Jesus taught devotion that equals jealousy and hatred, but is neither jealousy nor hatred.
    Proverbs 8:13
    To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

...Even if it comes from fathers, brothers and sisters. Attachment brings prejudice and bias. Jesus also told the young man who wanted eternal life to sell all his possessions, leave his family and follow Him. The question is: how much are you prepared to loose and how much do you trust that God can give it back to you?

In this case hate, is not an emotion, but a choice. Feel the difference. Here is a parallel passage that nobody has had any qualms over:

Matthew 6:24
    "No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist – he denies the Father and the Son.
    1 John 4:3
    but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
    2 John 1:7
    Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

The only delusion here is that you think you and God are the same thing. That you personally can unite yourself with your creator, according to his will, even while denying his laws, and that He is far greater than you and has set a judge over you.

What God has done is let you over to yourself. He does not stop you from thinking you are a law unto yourself - this is the curse of freedom I was talking about. Jesus has lifted that curse, but you deny him and therefore deny the true God. Your god is powerless and false - he has left no legacy, nothing to know him by, except your personal conviction, which does not amount to faith.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

The bible

Its really sad that you are so brainwashed. You need help.

10. Jasper Registered Member

Slavery in the Bible

Jenyar was able to find an entity of two passages dealing with slavery neither of which condemed the practice.

Deuteronomy 15
    12 If a fellow Hebrew, a man or a woman, sells himself to you and serves you six years, in the seventh year you must let him go free. 13 And when you release him, do not send him away empty-handed. 14 Supply him liberally from your flock, your threshing floor and your winepress. Give to him as the LORD your God has blessed you. 15 Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and the LORD your God redeemed you. That is why I give you this command today.

Deut. 23
    15 If a slave has taken refuge with you, do not hand him over to his master. 16 Let him live among you wherever he likes and in whatever town he chooses. Do not oppress him.

The first one D15 basically condones slavery, within limits.
    The second passage D23 is actually a reference to resisting slavery, and I must admit that I did not beleive the bible ever resisted slavery, so I own Jenyar a debt of scolarship for pointing out this one.

Nevertheless, it seems inadequate that in a thousand or so pages of text that purport to be about morality, two minor references to slavery, one that is ambiguous about it and one that VERY BREIFLY denounces it. The inadequacy of these denonunciations of this heinous crime seem all out of proportion. To go on and on and on for hundreds of pages about what is right and wronge and moral and immoral in the human condition, and then to ambiguously sorta wink and nod at slavery for a couple of sentences, tells me that the people who wrote the bible really didn't see much wronge with slavery.
    Slavery was resisted AFTER the church lost it's grip over the states.
    States outlawed Slavery.
    The bible has ALMOST NOTHING to say about slavery and wha it does say about it is ambiguous weak and breif.

touchete

11. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Jasper

Those passages did not come out of nowhere. For something to be accepted into a culture it has to be introduced through a sequence of paradigm shifts.

You must understand that most of the Bible was written at a time when having slaves was no different than having money. It was no different than you having a CEO and working for his company.

Maybe one day when capitalism is considered archaic and even barbaric, you will find passages to show me how the Bible has alarmingly little to say about it, and I will quote one or two passages that shows how everything you have belongs to God (the same principle), and should be used/treated without selfishness, dishonesty, pride, or to further hatred.

It's all about how you treat people, how you accumulate wealth, and how you use what God has given you. What you do is up to you, and no holy book or laws is going to change you.

Here's an exercise: find something in the Bible teaching about something you love doing, and then see how long it takes for you to conform to it. Maybe then you'll have some honest perspective about slavery as well.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  12. okinrus Registered Senior Member

Jesus says "No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mamon." So this shows that man cannot have God as his master along with a slave master. Your also mistaken into thinking that the Torah is always a definitive guide to correct morals. It is not, it is a code of law for a society. The Torah does not bring rightousness. Even today somethings are legal, but morally wrong. And this is what Jesus says about the Torah, "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.' But I say to you, everyone who looks at a woman with lust has already committed adultry with her in his heart." Mathew 5:31-43 outlines the difference between the Torah and Jesus' teaching that fullfilled the Law. When speaking about divorse, Jesus says that He allowed divorse because of their harden hearts. I'm sure that the brutal form of slavery practiced in the south goes against "Love your neighbor as yourself" right? And so what if the bible does not detail every specific morally wrong thing. Jesus said, "The Spirit of truth will guide you to all truth". The early christians never practiced slavery, but were far of it. A few of the christians were actually slaves. It appears that the form of slavery in Jesus' time was more civilized than the kind practiced in the South.

13. Jasper Registered Member

14. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

We are all children of god......

15. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

We're all children of god...

Yes, but the free will of some of god's children stole the free will of some others of god's children. I believe all sins (negativity) stem from free will.

16. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

What an obvious hoax. I'm surprised that you even quote it. I don't have time to research it now, but I am aware of these sites:
    "I won't say it's not a hoax"
    Of the Edge of the Lunatic Fringe and
    Piso's bark only shows that he has no teeth

To you and me, yes. But not to a culture that accepts slavery as part of life. In Biblical times, slaves were either seen as nothing but property and a means to further your own wealth (as they still are by slave traders and child-labourers around the world), or the lowest member of the extended family, often competing with children for the favour of their master and father. The latter is the kind of relationship which the Bible addresses: that both child and slave has the same heavenly Father.

Children and slaves were important in upholding the economy and creditability of a family. If they were treated well, they listen and worked well. If they were mistreated, they rebelled and could destroy the family. Slavery is wrong, and that is why it is condemned all over the world. But it was a process to get here. Just as it was a process to get from Monarchies to Republics, from Despotism to Democracy. Once you're there, it's easy to point a finger to every idiot who came before you. You don't realize you are in the same position, only in a different culture.

Therefore your crusade against slavery in the Bible is a bit passe. There are irresponsible people alive today who treat their children worse than responsible people treated their slaves then. The "slavery" you are condeming is a state of mind. It is only that state of mind that predicts how a person with authority will treat those who are employed under him.

I'd recommend you do some research on ancient family values and cultures.

17. Flores Registered Senior Member

Correction

We are all the creation of god. God is not a human to begett children, he is a god that creates things to beget and to him belongs all.

18. Jenyar Solar flair Valued Senior Member

Re: Correction

Flores, you misunderstand the context in which "begotten" is used, at least by Christians. It does not necessarily mean physical reproduction:

Psalm 2
    7 I will proclaim the decree of the LORD :
    He said to me, "You are my Son;
    today I have begotten you [become your Father].

(This Psalms is made applicable to Christ in the New Testament). As you can see: When God calls you his child, he has "begotten you" in the sense that He has become your Father. The person had already been born, and come to know God, but never before has God called him "son". "Take"="Get"="got"="begotten"

It is not a difference in what has actually happened, just a different description of our relationship with God. A main difference between Islam and Christianity is that Christians see themselves as adopted children of God, while Muslims see themselves as slaves. It does not change the way God created us - how could it?

19. Guardian Leader Registered Member

For a long time I belived in Christianity.. I feared a God that would put me into hell for all eternity if I got him mad at me.

I finaly woke up to the real trueth about reality. Religion even Christianity is not only harmful, it threatens all life on our planet. I belive all religion evolves over time even Christianity..

Think about this...
    All viewpoints of any religion ever created view god in the context of the culture when it was created. Including Jewdiasium which Christianity came from.

Isn't it odd that the depictions of "GOD" and "Angles" are dressed in the same atire of the people of their day? Robes? And sites on a throne? Why were they concept of their days and not some visions of GOD that where different from their own culture?

Is it realy relavent anyway? Are we willing to say it is right for any sentiant being no matter who he claims to be, to claim us as his/her propery? And that He/She has the right to "RULE" us? Back to slavery? God still thinks thats ok...

I'm sorry but I can no longer be intimidated by threats of eternal hell. If it does happen then so be it. I would rather spend eternity in hell for the right reason then spend eternity in heaven for the wrong one.

I can no longer except a concept that was to obviously man made. Who uses threats and intimidation to control others? Didn't the rulers of their day do that? It continues to this day, especialy by the wealthy that we work for. The concept of reward and punishment is not only very human. Just about any religion or cult use it to brainwash and control their followers.

So why should we except it as OK?

Do we rule ourselves? Or do we stay sheeple, Just "belive" have faith and be ruled by the big bully at the end of the block, who threatens to torture us if we don't follow him or fire us if we disagree with him?

Doesn't that make GOD the biggest of all terrorists?
    It should't be supprising that the Abramic religions are violent, should it?

Shouldn't it also not be suprising that they supress women? they have since the religion was founded, in a culture where men where in control. That "GOD" is a "MALE" figure? if God always was, why does he even have a gender? Isn't "GOD" a spirit? Does a spirit have sex? If "GOD" does have a gender, doesn't it beg the question where did it come from? A father and a mother? Which he claims never existed. The very fact that he is a male declairs that there is also the female somewhere... one of two of a kind?

How can GOD be LOVE and torture billions of people in an eternal hell?
    I belive what ever sentient being or beings that do exist that where here before we where should be our teachers, not our "GODS" or "Masters". That is if they are benevolent to begine with.

I want nothing to do with any religion or Being who ever he is, who wants to clam me as "property" I am my own person and I belong to myself and no one else.

I belive any benevolent being with any inteligence can understand and except this belife. If they can not.. He/She is not any kind of GOD. that any one should follow.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  20. Not quite true, actually, all the early followers were Jewish Christians & Gentile Christians, see below:

And now, there are messianic Jews, see below:
    Long list of rabbis follows

21. Saint Valued Senior Member

Jesus is coming back soon, no need to argue anymore.

22. actually, if you see who Jesus was talking about, it was the religious authorities; the Pharisees, Saddacees mostly, those that did stuff for "all for show" or were too legalistic, the masses were condemed by their own "unbelief", yet most early converts were jewish, enough that the elders started to persecute them

again the leadership

christians are betting their lives on that
    many still convert

here are some messianic Jews, see below:
    http://www.jewsforjesus.org/
    http://www.umjc.org/main/umjchome.aspx
    http://www.menorah.org/mjews.html
    http://www.ifmj.org/aboutus.htm

23. staples disconnected Registered Senior Member

Hello spiritually concerned,

Sorry to butt in but,

Does anyone else find this egotistical god to be repulsive? Who would make things to gloryify himself? I don't understand this point of view, or this god.

Another thing, does anyone else find that quoting god is possibly the most unlikely thing ever to have happened- even though it is done so here all the time? We speak because it is the way we communicate- because we have evolved to manipulate air to produce noise, noise that we deem to have value. For a being that never had to speak (god), I think it unlikely that he could be quoted. In terms of the way I think a god would communicate to humans for example, a blanket message to everyone would be the only way not to lose everything in translation.

With Jews, I always thought Christians had it wrong and not the other way around. In my understanding Jesus never proclaimed himself god, but was a Jew, who followed Jewish practice. No matter what can be said of him or around him, it seems undeniable to me that to believe in Jesus is to believe in what he believed, not what others might have said of him.

time is a human construct and does not actually exist,

staples disconnected