Why isn't there more universes

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by cosmictraveler, Jul 13, 2009.

1. tuberculatious Banned Banned

i examined it.

"universe" does not equal "universe proper".

statement valid.

{end string}

//s

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Sigh..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tuberculatious Banned Banned

shouldn't it be 'are' in the title of the thread? Now the topic seems biased to a single universe.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

What Walter said,this makes the most sense to me.I can't imagine a starting point from nothiness.

Also there could be untold numbers of Universes,there is just no way at this time in our understanding of things to know.To us the Universe seems very very large,almost beyond our abilities to imagine it.However our Universe could be
    very very tiny,like a speck of dust in the grand whole.Any talk on this subject
    should not cause any arguments,after all we have no idea either way.

8. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

What Walter said,this makes the most sense to me.I can't imagine a starting point from nothiness.

Also there could be untold numbers of Universes,there is just no way at this time in our understanding of things to know.To us the Universe seems very very large,almost beyond our abilities to imagine it.However our Universe could be very very tiny,like a speck of dust in the grand whole.Any talk on this subject
    should not cause any arguments,after all we have no idea either way.