Why is it selfish to not want children?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Nasor Valued Senior Member

That sort of thinking implicitly assumes that someone having children is a benefit to the world/society, and that a person who decides not to have children is thus depriving everyone else of that supposed benefit. I suspect most people would have a very hard time actually supporting that proposition if pressed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tnerb Banned Banned

Nasor,

This is generally speaking true:
    Whilst,
    There is little pressing to do regards that issue.

Consider that as an alternative sure and really all you ARE left with is the relevance of having a child.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mike47 Banned Banned

I do not think it is selfish if you decide not to have children .
    The world has around 6 billions of people and some are getting their dinners from garbage dumping sites .
    Also the family structure changed tremendously with single mothers , gays marriages , schools and officials interference in the family life.....etc .
    I am sure that some people will be happier without the headaches of having kids around .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What nonsense? I'm saying we all have different opinions; thus, what matters most is power, in the sense that morality without might is useless

This is the simple truth.

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Whatever you want.

9. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I would say not. Most of the time its the opposite that's true and its selfish to have a child, like when the person isn't prepared for example or when they have them for the wrong reasons.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This thread seems to be a good example of why no one should have any children :bugeye:

11. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

How is that?

Do you have children?

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I agree.

13. Tnerb Banned Banned

lol.That's kinda .......rude....... Wouldn't you think...

I don't think it's selfish to not want children... I think it's more derrogitory. Many people don't want to have children so that is their decision and most of the time it has a reason- of which they are disfunctional or will wait later when someone can show them how they feel about each other.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

My post was supposed to come before yours.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No I don't. I already have a zillion relatives spanning the globe. Let them eat cake.

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Also in your case you are too young to know what you want as yet in terms of children. Most women I know didn't want children at your age and then later went on to change their mind and have them. You don't yet have a career to focus on VI never mind children.

16. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You're just jealous, since you've sown you vagina shut yesterday.

17. mike47 Banned Banned

To have or not to have children is a personal issue based on one's experience and thoughts . It has nothing to do with selfishness . Some folks can not stand the noise and work involved with kids.....etc .

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I was just kidding

I like children, just in small doses and preferably belonging to other people so I can leave them there.

19. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Did you read my posts? Because what you are saying has nothing to do with the two posts I left.

20. Tnerb Banned Banned

Amittedly this ttthhhrrreeaaaddd ccoooouuulllddd actually have much more profound regards (of which it likly will not) abot he scientific in hs statement (whch there islittle imo as thre is not much more to really spek of frmmypersctive)

21. Slysoon Registered Senior Member

It is selfish not to have children because it narrows the stream of your family strain ... a stream which took generations of toil and labour from your ancestors to make aflow. But more stupid than selfish is it not to have children for those concerned with the global standing of whatever national, religious, racial, or ethnic group they identify with.

22. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

T
    A common way of analyzing the moral correctness of an action is to consider what would happen if everyone did what it is that you want to do. So, if everyone choose to not have kids (they are expensive and very time consuming); the human race woujld go extinct. Unless you, like Enmos, believe that the human race going extinct would be a good thing, it's selfish to not have children.

Furthermore, there's nothing parents enjoy more than grandchildren. They raised you and see it as your duty to raise the next generation. When or if you decide that you don't want the responsibility and the expense of children, they see you as selfish.

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

lol :roflmao: