Why is it selfish to not want children?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Aug 11, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I dont have any azz that needs dancin off... but stayin tuned to me is a smart move cause who knows... my wife mite leave me an i hear you'r lookin for a genious to fertalize som of you'r quality egges

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Even if you are on the rite track of improvin the future of earf thru you'r plan for beter quality babys... by the time such a plan coud be implimented enuff to make much of a diference (1 or 2 hundred years)... flesh an bone will be on the way out to be replaced by "artificial intellegence"... so i perty much see you'r baby-rants as that of a mad mad-woman :shrug:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

They really don't need to ponder the ever growing population of the earth, because God didn't make humans too fertile, and the planet can in fact, hold or be made to hold, all the people there ever will be alive at one time.

People are supposed to be fucking, making babies, making lots more babies, because God already answered this in Genesis 1:28 and 9:1, Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. Our ancestors seemed to understand well, that people are supposed to pair up, marry, and produce growing families. Sure, the world may now have a whole lot of people in it, but more and more people would be glad to live, and most everybody wants or ends up having children, most every child is glad to come alive and be born. Most of the reasons for having traditionally VERY LARGE families still in fact apply in "modern" times.

People have become too selfish and too much forgotten the social graces. We should urge returning to some of those old standards, but the old moral way of faith, does INCLUDE welcoming families to grow naturally, without the use of any means of birth control. Respecting the natural reproductive rhythms of the body, and allowing babies to push out naturally as they happen to come to life, welcoming "all the children God gives." If it now perhaps takes a more urbanized world just to hold everybody as there is getting to be, then so be it.

World population has grown so large FOR A REASON, and we would do so much better to EMBRACE what must be, and stop fighting what apparently benefits so many, many people. Let the "planetary pregnancy" progress naturally towards BIRTH, into a far better realm, and stop rebelling against God and against naturally growing families.

And quite often, those people of faith or love who are so much growing their families, aren't near as ignorant nor stupid nor backwards, as the liar educated morons of our age make them out to be. Some foolish rich people pile up lots of expensive toys, boats, jet skis, RVs, huge mansions, for tiny pidly families to use. Now why can't parents invest their wealth which they have earned, into bringing more precious human souls to life, and enjoying having naturally LARGE families? Surely humans count for greater value than mere expensive toys that soon break? It's possible to have both, when governments don't destroy the economy with bad government and economic and monetary "inflationary" policies.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Yes, population grew for a reason: lack of wars and increased healthcare.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

My wife and I get guilt-tripped for not having kids.

Usually by the parents that are inching ever close to killing their own.

Misery loves company, I suppose.

8. Pronatalist Registered Senior Member

It's not just that. When I add up the powerful reproductive urges most all humans feel + the so many compelling reasons why parents have as many children as they do, what I come up with is a collective GLOBAL natural desire, to ENLARGE the entire human race, for the greater good of the many. So it's not just individual rights, but also the collective good that argues for naturally EXPANDING the size of the human race. And did I mention that God still commands humans to MULTIPLY?

With whatever that supposedly might keep human populations more "in check" fast fading away, and increasing awareness of the deception and bad motives underlying the rampant pushing of shoddy Big Pharma contraceptive potions and poisons, it's all the more reason to EMBRACE allowing the human race to naturally grow ever larger and denser, as God would allow.

Blessed are the peacemakers. Sure, liberty is worth fighting for, but if wars can be prevented, why not?, since wars cause needless suffering. Wars generally have not been effective at population "control" of humans anyway, because they often destroy resources and infrastructure so much more so than the burgeoning numbers, and a population under stress finds it all the more "patriotic" to breed up their numbers prolifically, perhaps partly as a way to "fight back" against their enemies.

You also said increased health care. I prefer to call it medical care, because the overpriced medical Big Pharma industry is more into expensive questionable treatments than into promoting actual good health. Not just medical care, but improved public sanitation. It was good to have "modernized" things, not just in replacing outhouses with indoor flush toilets, but also electrifying cities and villages, to replace millions of crowded urban smoky cooking fires, with clean natural gas and electric cook-stoves. Do you think such inventions are just for our selfish convenience? No, I find the real purpose, perhaps even reason for invention of such things, is to grow human populations ever larger and perhaps denser as well, as may need be. By expanding suburbs on top of suburbs, and building more cities and towns, letting cities and towns grow larger and closer together, place may be found or made, for everybody and their progeny. Let people go on having their precious darling babies. Each and every human life is sacred, and we ought not to impede the natural spread and beautiful BLOSSOMING of human life throughout the world.

I believe in neither imposing population "control" nor awful unnatural "birth control" upon humans. It's good for children to grow up in traditionally VERY LARGE families. Growing up in a LARGE family better conditions children not only to be less selfish and think of other people, but to not only survive but also thrive in an increasingly populous world. Letting large numbers of families go on growing naturally, better respects the dignity and immense value of each and every human life, and also respects the body's natural reproductive rhythms which ought to be EMBRACED rather than fought. Whatever happened to counting children as a blessing from God, and accepting that babies happen as they happen? Until very recently, most everybody was expected to marry fairly young and produce children. Then women decided they wanted to be men, birthrates plummeted, societies turned more disfunctional and evil and corrupt and selfish, and now the Muslims are taking over the world, because they, for some reason, still reproduce like rabbits, while too few non-Muslims still obey God's commandment to people to Be fruitful and multiply and fill the world.

As world population naturally rises, why can't my possibly many children, be among the "meek to inherit the earth?"

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So how many kids do you have?

10. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL.....I know ppl that don't have kids and I would never do that.

It's everyone's choice, but I couldn't imagine never having any kids.

Not everyone out there should be having kids. If you are both super career oriented I think you are better off following that career and not having kids.
    Kids take a lot of time and sacrifice and I am not one for dumping babies in Daycare Centers for strangers to raise.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'd rather be guilted for not having them than have some woman try and guilt me for having a career. Their butt sits at home while the kids are in school so they need to knock others down to justify their lives

Do they guilt a man for going to work?? No, just the women, and I resent it.

12. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

His personality is the most effective form of birth control known to man.

13. Bells Staff Member

I offer my childless friends our son's all the time. They keep bringing them back!:bawl:

Oh I could.

In fact, I sometimes try to remember what it was like to not have children.. 'ah the good old days'..

When I get woken up with a child's finger getting jammed up my nose or into my eyes with the happy cry of "wake up Mummy!!.. the sun is coming up" at 4:30am, I can imagine never having had children (I even do sometimes remember what it was like waking up like a normal human being). I really imagine it when I get woken up by having a foreign object jammed up my nose (little pieces of lego hurt when used that way). I even imagined it yesterday, when I came home from work and my 2 year old rushed outside with his little Lightning McQueen ride on thingie and dragged it up the slide and tried to ride it down the slide.:bawl: I am also betting that my husband imagined it 3 days ago when terror 2 year old got out of bed at the crack of dawn, crept into the study and found a pen and woke his dead to the world father by drawing "circles!" around his forehead. I laughed so hard I nearly peed my pants. My husband did not share in my mirth, however. Pens are now locked away on the high shelf.

Indeed.

I think it can take a balance. I've gone back to work and my husband has elected to stay home with the terrors. I lie. The soon to be 4 year old is not the psychopath that his little brother has turned out to be. So "terrors" may not be the right word. You can have a career and children. You just need to know and understand where that balance is. I have a career, but my children will always come first. No questions asked. And I'd give up that career in an instant if my children needed me to. Again, no questions asked.

Is it selfish to not want children? Not at all. I think it is more selfish to have children just for the sake of having children and then not being able to be a parent to that child because you've changed your mind.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I miss the days when I didn't have a pack of sons running around the house, hitting each other with pets and peeing on everything.

Maybe I should just lay down some straw. Hayseed on the porch. Get out the rocker and the overalls.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well, I suppose you could say it's like: Who's going to pay for your senility, my lass? Not my lads. Capitalism or communism: choose. Can't be halfway.

16. Bells Staff Member

You can have my 2 year old. He'll hit other people with pets and pee on everything. You know, since you're used to that kind of thing...

He pinned his older and much bigger brother down the other day. Sat on his head and made farting noises.:bawl:

Where the hell they learn these things, I do not know. I suspect my husband has had a hand in that one though

.. They seem to come up with the strangest things since I've gone back to work and he's had free reign.:bawl:

17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm trying to think what they did yesterday. Normally I think my memory grays out like a sexual assault victim. The two-year old tried to give the fish some watermelon and cheese. (They liked neither seemingly.) The seven-year old called his mother a "doofus" as he was being made to get ready for football...I considered his expedited murder, but the female asked me to refrain.

18. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Ahhhhhh just hang in a little longer Bells. Soon they will go downstairs to the kitchen and make themselves their own breakfast and watch cartoons,
    leaving you to sleep in on the weekends.

At first be ready for the big mess when you get down there, but I was happy just to sleep in it was worth it. Your kids are still at that age where they are dependent on you for almost everything. Give it a few more yrs and it will be smooth sailing. No more diapers, no more potty training and a lot more sleep.

I can't imagine having to go back to those days, now that they are long over for me. A woman I know at that school just had a baby last month and he is 2 weeks old. She is my age and she looks like life has kicked the crap out of her so far. She has a 10 yr old daughter and she had this baby because she is remarried and he wanted a child of his own. She said she is not used to getting up every few hours and having a baby around is all coming back to her now...lol

Believe me, I have days that my 2 make me want to rip my hair out......but thank god those days aren't that often. My life would be too quiet and boring without them.
    I was meant to be a mom, it's just who I am.

It's cool that your husband is staying home with the kids. I think when kids are the ages of your boys it's important.

19. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

LOL..... Bells, I don't want to alarm you but they will do the same thing when they are older. I think it's a boy thing. Try and see it as some strange way of expressing brotherly love.

We are in the same boat, outnumbered by boys in the house. I say boys and not men because even he (husband) is just a BIG kid himself.....lol

20. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I'm in my 30s and my friends range in age from their 20s to 40s. We still think farts are funny. I actually did some "crop dusting" at work the other day. :shrug:

21. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Thanks for proving my point!!

Shall we move on to Burping now?

22. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Less fun than flatulence, but less messy than sharts. I like leaving them on peoples' voicemail, though.

23. Bells Staff Member

My eldest does that. It's great. Only he grabs something to eat and plays with his lego in the toy room. Until he gets bored and comes into bed with us. The youngest one though..:bawl:.. From the moment he was born, people commented that he had 'that certain look about him'. He gives that beautiful smile, gives you a hug and you just know he is plotting. And he always is. We used to joke that he was like Stewie from 'The Family Guy'. And he is.

Yesterday, he came up to me, gave me that sweet angelic smile, head tilted a bit to the side and gave me this huge hug. And all I could think to myself was 'what have you done.. what are you about to do'.. then he toddled off singing happily to himself. There was that moment where I felt content. Where I felt that I had not failed as a parent and given birth to a psycho. It was a happy moment. A few minutes later I heard 'the giggling'. So I got up to investigate and sure enough, terror tot had struck again. He can open the doors in the house and he had snuck into the kitchen, grabbed a whisk and was whisking his brother's lego in the toilet. The gleeful " ha ha ha cooking" when I ran into the bathroom and caught him.:bawl: Eldest then ran in to see what was going on and was not happy about his lego being in the toilet..

Ah, the golden days.. The light ahead at the end of that tunnel..

Terror tot has a lovely way of telling us when he's done a poo. He sticks his hand down the back of his nappy and comes up and says "look!! LOOK!! Poo!.. We are hesitant to start toilet training him at the moment, because he is a psycho and we're scared of what he will do when he doesn't have a nappy on.:bawl:

Well in the past, we were both home. I was supposedly retired and he used to work from home. But a few months ago, I started toying with the thought of going back to work, but doing something I really wanted to do. So put out some feelers and was offered a job a week later.. Dream job. Great pay and incentives, flex time and I don't have to take it home with me.. can finish at whatever time in the day and leave the job at home.. Plus it has the added benefit of salvaging my sanity. So we've enrolled the kids in for 1 day a week of daycare for them to get used to playing with other children. And they are loving it so far, making friends and playing until 2pm when my husband picks them up. Psycho tot thankfully acts 'like an angel' according to the people who work there. Little do they know..

Could I live without them now? No. But sometimes I think back to what it was like to not have children and yeah, I sometimes miss those days. Having a clean house.. no foreign objects being jammed up my nose at the crack of dawn.. bliss..

Yeah.. it's like that. I don't get it myself. My husband doesn't understand why I 'tsk tsk' when he congratulates the children when they do a fart. The whole "oohhh you did a fart.. /laugh".. I don't get it.. His male friends are the same and their wives also groan in horror each time.