Why is a woman's upper body "obscene"?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by visceral_instinct, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

could be because canda is a cold country and having big breasts (ie larger surface area) means more heat is lost, or it could be because women are chosing to use bra's for there orgional purpose (ie to give surport and prevent back injury)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Could be.
    Are you asserting a correlation between big breasts and cold countries?
    Or just pointing out that it is primarily small breasted women that go about topless in Canada?
    Or both?

The brassiere issue that you raise seems to go more to the question of why is it legal... Did they make it legal because it is a known fact that all Canadian women wear bra's and therefore the law would be irrelevant?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

actually none of the above, i was just suggesting a reason WHY even without laws enforcing it women would CHOSE to wear shirts and bra

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Relax, Asguard, it was tongue in cheek, I tried to convey that with the emoticons...

I was just sort of looking at alternative ways of interpreting what you wrote if I didn't know you and there was no context...

8. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

No that was not my point but there are ways to feed your baby without wipping out a tit at dinner.

9. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

Amen!

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

Indeed it is her life and body, but the question was would he want people staring at his girlfriends naked breasts.

A question he hasn't answered, he's just dodged around it, because he is incapable of answering succinctly. In fact, he's contradicted himself in his answer to me, but then the swapping of colours and font sizes shows a complete lack of consistent thought processes.

11. phlogistician Banned Banned

We weren't talking about me, this is just an ad-hom, because you can't answer the question put before you; "would you be happy for people to stare at your girlfriends naked breasts in public?"

The question was directed at you, I have demonstrated no desire for control, this is a straw man argument from yourself.

Again, this isn't about me. This is just another straw man you are stuffing, while avoiding the question put to you.

Oooh, what a can of worms you have opened here, and managed to shoot yourself in the foot, and exposed yourself as a hypocrite, all at the same time.

I'll clue you up. In a relationship, that lasts over time, your partner will go out and buy new clothes. Now, if you say your GF won't wear stuff you don't like, are you;

A, going to go out shopping with her, and prevent her from buying clothes you don't like, or
    B, dump her if she comes home with something you don't like?
    C, ask her to change her mind, and return the clothes

because there aren't any other options, and no matter which you pick, it's YOU being the little hitler control freak! LOL, PWNED!

Hmmm, I don't think so, I've been on love with my partner for 16 years. Meanwhile, you'd seemingly dump someone because you didn't like what they were wearing.

The question was posed at you, and you dodge, and weave, and don't answer it, while pretending to be so open minded and for women's rights, but actually demonstrating complete hypocrisy. Do you ever wonder why you are single?

12. Slysoon Registered Senior Member

Your questions and concerns have already been addressed.

Female promiscuity is relevant to this discussion because historically, civilized cultures have sought to repress female sexuality and, from a broader perspective, equality, which they did in part by establishing "sexist" mores. One of those mores, which still lingers about in many places today, is considering a woman's body to be obscene. If you're wondering why it was of interest to historically civilized cultures to repress female sexuality and deny promiscuity amongst its women, read yet again my first two posts in this thread.

13. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

That's why I wear them as well. Not because I think of my chest primarily as a sexual area.

14. Balerion Banned Banned

Addressing the original post:

There is no good reason why the female breast should be considered obscene. In the US, we have people murdering other people, people promoting reckless driving while showing little or no real consequence (to go along with the cartoon physics they teach our kids), and images of people being shot in the streets in Iran, but a female's breast is obscene? C'mon. See that break over there? Please give it to me.

It's needless conservatism.

15. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I agree.

16. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Have you ever seen the wrinkled, dried up, sagging breasts of older women? If that's not obscene, then nothing on Earth is obscene!

And remember, there's a helluva lot more of those wrinkled, dried up, sagging tits than there are firm, round, beautiful tits. So, yeah, for the most part, and generally, female tits are obscene!

Baron Max

17. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I don't know...

I'm going to start my own nation where eyes are obscene, but anuses aren't. Who wants to come and be a citizen?

18. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ever seen an old man's horrid flabby belly? Obscene.

19. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i'll be a citizen!!

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

If people who fail to meet the minimum expectations of looking after themselves physically, then they usually look "obscene" when they take their shirts off, male or female.

21. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Yay!

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Not me.
    I'd look a right arse.

23. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

lol!