Why I'm not a vegetarian

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Orleander, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I think being a vegetarian rots your brain. Here's proof.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

PRINEVILLE, Ore. -- Oregon State Police arrested a man Friday for serial-type killing of wildlife, officers said.

Ronald A. Livermore, 60, of Prineville, was caught with a sawed-off .22-caliber rifle with a homemade silencer "spotlighting" in the area where more than a dozen deer have been found dead over the last several years.

Investigators said they believe Livermore, who said he is primarily a vegetarian, would drive around in the dark shining his spotlight until he saw the glimpse of eyes. At that point, he would shoot at the deer and continue on, looking for more.

The deer that had been killed had been left to waste beside forest service roads and many were pregnant or had recently given birth, police said.

Police said they found a special compartment in the trunk of Livermore's car used to conceal his custom-modified weapon.

A forensic examination by the OSP proved that Livermore's weapon was used in some of the killings, police said.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I'm a vegetarian purely because I hate meat and the whole concept of it freaks me the hell out.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Sounds silly, but I have just discovered McDonald's dollar cheeseburger. It is delicious! I was never big on burgers, but this is juicy, actually sweet and costs only a dollar!!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

get over it...before your cholesterol rises.

8. Bells Staff Member

What does his being "primarily a vegetarian" have anything to do with his stupidity and blood lust?

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I don't eat much meat, I like fish much more and fish is better for your body.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I don't know, but its what I'm going with. Take that PETA!!!!

11. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

speaking of PETA have you herd they have offered money to the first company that can commertially sell test tube meat?

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no. And seriously, I'm gonna need more than a test tube full. What is that ..an ounce??

13. toolzombie Registered Member

Interesting, yet...somewhat stupid story lol, but....not really a good basis as a reason to eat meat.
    I mean...meat is just good.
    Isn't that reason enough?
    Not to mention the whole animal population spill, etc.
    Hahahaha. Crazy old man.

14. draqon Banned Banned

exactly...we got this population spill allright, so we need to pull a "Soylent Green" on all old folks

watch it all: http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...soylent green&ei=pj4NSLz7A5qi4ALcgoW7BA&hl=en

15. Alorus Registered Member

Yeah, I don't see a connection between him being a vegetarian and him being crazy. There are many counter examples as well, vegetarians who are just fine.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

nope. Ask PETA. Meat eaters are barbaric murders who love to torture animals. Well, vegetarians are bat shit crazy. Here is the proof.

17. vslayer Registered Senior Member

no, PETA are a bunch of arrogant hypocritical dicks.

"1 crazy person happens to be vegetarian, therefore all vegetarians are crazy" i disagree. would you say that i am crazy?

EDIT: those who are truly insane are people like you who will happily eat meat as long as it come pre-packaged from a supermarket but refuse to kill animals.

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Well thank god i am not your defination of insane. *goes to make venison burgers*

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

See, i wasnt joking

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

I assumed you werent joking.

Honeslty do you expect people to trust lab grown meat? We barely trust all the prescription drugs we are on. Mention genetically engineer vegetables to bpeople and they freak out. This is a viable idea if people were rational.

21. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i agree. I was trying to think of ANY dish i would make that could POSSABLY use this and there really isnt anything that would make me buy cyberman meat (to steal a phrase from doctor who)

22. krokah Registered Senior Member

I am a vegetarian, not a vegan. I eat fish, cheese, and drink milk. For those of you who like to consume arteries and veins, fat and gristle, muscle and flesh, that ok. I used to be a meat and potatoes man myself. I also used to take a lot of medication to control my cholestrole and blood pressure. Since I have started my midlife diet, I have stopped taking these medications due to a drop in cholesterole and blood pressure. I do miss some meats though.

23. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Why isn't fish considered meat. It comes from an animal and a life is still being sacrificed to feed people so I don't understand why meat from a fish isn't meat and meat from a chicken or cow is. There seems to be some sort of double standard here. I always thought that catholics made up that rule because they wanted something to eat on Fridays during Lint. Of course that didn't stop me from eating chicken anyway.