Why I don't think god exists

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cainxinth, Dec 3, 2001.

1. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Here's what I agreed with...

"Evolution is the most accurate betrayal of life's processes."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Wow tony1,

your intelligence blows me away. I have never met anyone one in my entire life who 'thinks' of proven science as fiction. Congratulations, those schools never taught you a thing, cause we all know your special talent of ignoring things like an african bee sitting on your nose, (to you it's probably a fiction bee).

How long did it take you to figure out how to use that pc 'o yours. I bet the mouse alone took you a few weeks to absorb. Did you jump up on a chair and beat it with a broom when you first took it out of the box., cause you mistook it for a real one. No surprises there.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Anyway, I really dont feel like debating with a person who probably reads at a grade 2 level, and thinks of science as another form of beatnik propoganda, which is exactly why I dont take tony1 seriously anymore. But this is the religion forum and no matter how stupid christianity is, its a feasable topic.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

*Originally posted by Elbaz
    I have never met anyone one in my entire life who 'thinks' of proven science as fiction.

If "proven" means the same to you as Xelios, then repeating your teachers' statements is just fiction.

*special talent of ignoring things like an african bee sitting on your nose, (to you it's probably a fiction bee).*

You got me there.
    It is fiction, because there's no bee on my nose.

*Did you jump up on a chair and beat it with a broom*

I got the broom out to beat on Elbazes if one came around.

*Anyway, I really dont feel like debating with a person who probably reads at a grade 2 level*

Given your spelling, I AM reading at a grade 2 level.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Neglected Child: The Tony1 Story

A little helpful hint: if you plan on quoting a sarcastic statement, remember that phrases such as "I can just imagine" and so on stick out like a sore thumb. I see you completely ignored the substance of my statement. Bad form. Attacking a sarcastic statement and ignoring an alternate version of events, really bad form. I can see why you resent schools; humans often fear and hate that which they do not know. I cannot claim a love for our current educational system, but at the moment I cannot change this process. We must at least bare with it.

Displaced remnants. The real story is only found deep within the sedament layers. Many dino mines abound the world. Some are called oil wells. Not every fact is readily apparent. In such situations we use tools such as the mind and fall back on retained information. You might do best to look into these.

Your track record isn't so special when it comes to skepticism. I was a very inquisitive child, unwilling to believe what I couldn't experience. You seem to have selective skepticism. Your training has led you astray. That you cannot accept something so obvious can only be a marker of your psychosis.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2001
  8. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

Re: Neglected Child: The Tony1 Story

*Originally posted by Teg
    A little helpful hint: if you plan on quoting a sarcastic statement, remember that phrases such as "I can just imagine" and so on stick out like a sore thumb.

What's this?
    I'm the one getting accused of sarcasm at every turn, and you're giving lessons in sarcasm to me?
    O Great Master of Conceit, I had no idea I was in your presence.

The reality is that wasn't a sarcastic statement, your protestations to the contrary.
    That is really all you can do, namely imagining little creatures tacking on base pairs.
    You realize that there is actually no evolutionary mechanism that explains it.

*Bad form. ... really bad form.*

Whoa, that is a very scary appraisal.
    Whatever shall I do?

*I can see why you resent schools; humans often fear and hate that which they do not know. I cannot claim a love for our current educational system, but at the moment I cannot change this process.*

Ha ha, sucker.
    I could, and did, change it.

*Some are called oil wells.*

I cannot believe this.
    LOL
    When I was a driller I used to tell the new roughnecks that we were drilling for dino shit.
    The dumber ones believed it.
    Now I hear it is spread around schools as though it were true.

Truth really is stranger than fiction.
    You made my day, Teg.

*I hope my keyboard still works after laughing tears all over it*

* In such situations we use tools such as the mind and fall back on retained information. You might do best to look into these.*

Truth be told, I have been looking for evidence of such "retained information" in these various posts.
    There doesn't appear to be much, sorry.

*Your track record isn't so special when it comes to skepticism. I was a very inquisitive child, unwilling to believe what I could experience.*

Boy, you really ARE a skeptic.
    Even the most die-hard skeptics are usually willing to believe what they can experience.
    You're basically saying that you believe nothing at all, including your own beliefs.

World, sit up and take notice.
    Teg is a TRUE skeptic.

*You seem to have selective skepticism.*

That is true.
    I'm skeptical about false statements.
    I accept true statements.

*Your training has led you astray.*

Quite honestly, you're absolutely correct.
    Fortunately, God brought me back.

*That you cannot accept something so obvious can only be a marker of your psychosis. *

Since I CAN accept it, then I'm OK.
    Thanks, Teg.

It's like your post was a really good Christmas present.

9. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Maybe tony has such a beef with evolution because it left him out when it comes to mental ability.

10. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

In your wildest dreams.
    No, not even there.

Besides, you're no proof for evolution.
    Devolution, maybe.

11. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Ouch tony, that really hurts

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

You're not giving me much to work with.

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

And I'm doing it on purpose.

But anyway, ignored.

14. Terenz Registered Member

Well!

How do you believe in something that you do not understand?

It is reason that differentiates you from animals. It is reason that helps you rule animals stronger than you. It is reason that keeps you alive.

Believing god is denying reason. Denying reason is denying life.

God and reason cannot exist together.

Choose God or choose reason.

15. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Once again I see the boundaries of literal interpretation

Not to say that I would follow any interpretation that book of fairy tales. Tony I grant you the prize of highly inaccurate and selective listening. I am not inclined to believing that any creature can in anyway be superior to another. Due to recent events I have finally found the missing link: an inferior form!

To you: Tony1, proof that some are still being held back. Proof that fear still has its hold on certain individuals. Above all: proof that a God cannot exist, why would that God allow such a being to exist. It seems cruel and unusual.

That said your last pair of statements proves your inability to reason, something I have suspected for some time.

Poor James R, he was using something you seem unwilling to tap into: knowledge. More importantly he was able do something you show no sign of: imagine.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    -Albert Einstein

16. tony1 Jesus is Lord Registered Senior Member

I can almost see the tear forming at the corner of your eye as you battle against the raging winds of religious ignorance, attempting, failing, no! attempting once more! to save poor tony1 from himself, from the bloody clutches of religious intolerance, from seeing things as Teg sees them!!!

Thanks, Teg.

PS what were you getting at?