Why Hypewaders Suspended Quadraphonics

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by hypewaders, Jun 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Well which was it? If you didn't notice my commentary on your commentary, how would you know that I was fortunate i) you let the sleeping dog lie or ii) the thread just got closed.

....okay. My terror will only mount in the interim, I'm sure; many's the time I've crucially relied on gustav to explain stuff.

/flees in abject terror

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

No. My previous covert mission of infiltrating and undermining the Forces of Nazi Zionism has succeeded: the Enemy has been cornered and undermined, and the Righteous unified and energized. Thus have I revealed my true identity as The One Avatar of Palestinian Rights and Justice, to lead the Tide of History to Final Victory. Prostrate yourself before my Virtuous Fury and repent, or be driven into the sea with the rest of the Genocidal Apartheidists.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Maybe I should shut up and just take the seaborne outcome

Most people will settle for justice.

Oh, wait, I should correct that. Quite clearly, political orthodoxy will not only settle for, but insist on, something far less than justice.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Preach it baby!

8. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

There is no pursuit beyond Justice, which requires the Judgement and Annihilation of the Prime Aggressor. Any who question this are contemptible agents of Immorality and Depravity, soon to be swept up in the Tsunami of Moral Virtue. There is no compromise with Evil. Abase yourself and repent.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Seriously?

You've already been suspended once for this, and you're continuing with this... Nonsense?

All I really want to say is drop the charade, and grow up.

I mean seriously, did somebody slip a double dose of stupid in the water or something?

10. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

My love for quadraphohics goes to 11.

11. iceaura Valued Senior Member

There's a German proverb, translates as "Too clever is dumb".

About as grim and ugly an event as I've seen around here. It won't be as easy to get back as it was to jump off, my bet.
    He's still wrong, you know. The essential desperation of the attitude cop will become visible even to you guys, after the glee of vandalism has faded - it will be interesting to see if the ability to hold a discussion can be restored, the shit cleaned off the rug.

You probably won't be getting any help from me, btw. I can play this game, for a while, until something better comes along - I plan to hold you guys to your ass-baring, without regard for the health of a forum obviously not valued by its members - but I can't see it sustaining the involvement of worthwhile people for very long.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Nein! The return of the Kingdom of Israel is a sign from G_d that the Jews are to drive out and slaughter the invaders of our land. The temple will be rebuilt on the ruins of Haram esh-Sharif and glory will reign for a thousand years!

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Right, right: look, the above is supercilious nonsense. If you don't get the play, maybe you should drop back onto slandering me.

Also crap: how can you get something and not get it? This is a little play about reality, but you're more interested in attacking the image in the glass.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Well, some good news then. Look: as you don't particularly care - in my example - what I actually write, then your 'help' is actually handicap. Before you go around offering to hold me up to the fire for having done nothing except confuse you, why don't you prop up your crumbling dignity and sense of fair play? These need a lot more help than I do.

14. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I don't think it's dumb because I don't understand it. I think it's dumb because I think it's dumb and over done. I've seen it (or something similar to it) done dozens of times across half a dozen internet fora, and even IRL.

It always fails to impress me because it inevitably backfires.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

News from the gutter - it isn't a little play, something temporary you can pick up and put down at your convenience. You're going to be stuck with the club rules you create.

Get what? That you pack of clueless trolls think you know what you're doing? I get that, believe me. I have been marveling for years now at the ability of the subject of Israel to switch off the little night light of reason, turn people from observers of possibility and event to parrots of rank bullshit; but the latest illustration struck me in particular, for its source and expression as well as its predictable support.

And the mess you are making on the rug is not going to come out with a little apology.

Example:
    Projection, dishonest rhetorical variety - good start, if persuasion has been abandoned as a goal. Which it has been, pretty obviously. So this is how it's going to be, eh?

? Why? Nothing about your understanding even tangentially denigrated and your complete comprehension in fact taken for granted.

And the example noted: you see the influence of this crap?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

It utterly is.

God, the hyperbole. And what's gone on to date is...no big deal, then?

No, no, no. Mirror. Reflection. Quadra's conflict with Sam. The connection is obvious. Projection? This is Sam's modus from the get-go; except that she didn't intend it as satire. How is that projection?

And a word about persuasion and dialogue: whose opinions have been changed in this conflict as a result of persuasion and dialogue on this forum? I've been more than fair about the arguments going on the last few days, and for it I've been called names, slandered (by you, among others), threatened with moderation for daring to disagree with a poster here - a threat that was put on line for a banning and had any number of idiots put words in my mouth. Meanwhile the "gentlemens' club set" - you and hype - give me the whole 'declining respect' business; tsk, tsk, Geoff: we won't like you as much if you don't agree with us.

There are any number of jokes I could make about that one, because the notion of you and hype slandering me and then fluttering your fans when I lash back is darkly hilarious in its way.

And during all this - and completely unremarked by you lot, I might add - the prima donna of the "other side" (since apparently that's what this must boil down to) fires away with some pretty vicious Jew-hatred: and, oh yes, gustav threatens sweet revenge.

And now you're asking me "so this is how it's going to be, eh?" ?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  17. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I'm amused that you still call me troll, and still attribute unquestioning support of Israel to me, without bothering to ask me. Is there any history of precognition in your family? If not, there still isn't; if there was, it stops here.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

My bet is you'll find you can't, when and if you come to try. Bad money drives out good.

It's anyone's guess whether you will notice the problem.
    No, you haven't. You've joined in moronic trolling, and defended it, right along with the pack Example:
    Yep, this is how it's going to be.

For the record: your dishonest attempt to deflect and obscure the actual import and subject of my post, in your reply there - the "projection" had nothing to do with SAM, and you know it - looks lilke an example of the influence of the new standards on formerly better posters.

For the record: SAM's posts are not accurately represented by Quadro's recent efforts - the over the top bombastic style is much different, and the style is the major aspect; the content likewise far inferior, and of little moment anyway. That makes the acceptance of them as accurate reflections either incomprehension or dishonesty - or both: my bet is both.

And Billy was Quadro's tipping influence, not SAM - forget that?

Do you think those posts resemble Billy's, in content or style? I don't.

Will you miss the kinds of posts Billy provides, from any source, as they peter out over the coming months? How many posters are going to be willing to wade through rivers of this swill, watching you sniff each other's farts and applaud each other's spewings and trollings for pages on end?

Put up, say, with this kind of snarky innuendo - oh, hell, it's just lying, Geoff, and you do it a lot:
    I have never attributed unquestioning support of Israel to you. And you know that. Which makes what you are doing with such posts trolling - hence, you troll. Simple observation of fact.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

i am always pleased when it comes to that point

a goon is as a goon does

nicely played, billy

20. Bells Staff Member

Because belittling pain and suffering of a few million people is fun?

Okay then.

21. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

As someone with an interest in psychology, I'm curious to see how you mean this. If you think quadra's essentially momentary diversion into mirroring the political platitudes of that "other side" will make the entire forum turn into soppy feces, I'm as interested as anyone in avoiding it.

That is the worst example of my supposed 'trolling' possible.

Pardon me for my trolling, Dignified Sir

but would it surprise you to hear that I know for the record that this is exactly what it's meant to represent? Say, if I got it from a particular source? Now who: who could this source be? Or maybe if I just opened my eyes or something.

In essence, they are. Perhaps you missed his earlier rampage? I didn't; and I can see what provoked it.

I cannot forget something that was not so.

Well, that was entirely fair and reasoned. We - this "group", seemingly - disagree with you. Why, we must be a gang of evil adolescents like the ones that savaged your primrose bushes! Come on, ice. Do you honestly think that your characterization is reasonable? Standing around, high-fiving one another on our latest unfair spewings?

Same old same old: demonstrate or retract, ice.

O really? You group me in directly with that idea, ice: you've describe "the boys" or "the trolls" apparently perpetuating this meme often enough in the past couple weeks. Shall we examine the evidence, O Voice Of Senile Authority?

[my emphasis]​

Oopsie. But you must be right: complete accuracy. Accuracy guaranteed!

I'm sure you don't believe me: of course. I have therefore attached the relevant links as well:

http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2569492&postcount=27
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2569790&postcount=48
    http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2570071&postcount=49

Who's the liar again?

So let's examine your nouveau politique, eh? Let's see who - by virtue of your being pointless opposed to bad, bad me - you've managed to attract to your flag? Who - who, Comrade? - has rallied behind this new banner of informed dialectic?

How's that group categorization thing working out for you?

I also liked the assumption here: so quadra's new technique vas a Plan of Billy's all along? Ach! Is there nothing that can be done that is not all part of the incredibly mature and complex plan? I apologize for lumping you in with Gustav, naturally: but then again, I hear it's the done thing nowadays. :shrugs:

Frankly, this entire thing is just another schoolyard run at having your own say and silencing everyone else. We are the good, and noble and honourable, and fair Membership. What we say cannot be doubted, nor disbelieved, nor examined objectively - stop picking at my points! Don't object to my grouping you in with people that I claim espouse a meme neither you nor they support! I would so tell a teacher on you, if only you would do what I keep accusing you of.

Tell me if my characterization is wrong, based on the above.

I must also apologize for another thing: in breezing through a couple of your replies, I missed properly fisking you.

Allowed? I recall that your clique was able to put an infraction on me, no questions asked and no money down, on order, because I was asking embarassing questions. Hype himself likes to wax rhapsodical about how I am so wrong - and how he would, oh he so would like to moderate me, but he just couldn't at that moment....because, unspoken, it would be wrong, but never mind that. I asked you to clarify (quite angrily, since I'm sick of the constant supposition about me), and you wandered off into shaking-cane land.

This must be part of that new respectful dialogue you claim to represent.

22. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Yes, that's exactly what he meant. Right.

Man.

23. Bells Staff Member

While it may not be what he meant, it is what he is doing. And you and others defend him.

Because using the actual pain and suffering of people to make a joke or use as a basis for a parody is fun? Is it? And you bitched about anti-semitic songs?

Oh the irony.

But hey, it's alright, isn't it? I mean, this is alright, isn't it Geoff? I am surprised you did not "tsk tsk" her for her insults. Because you know, you are such a man of dignity and all that. But I forget, it is okay so long as you agree. In that you don't see the insult as long as you agree with what is being said. Which is fine.

So tell me Geoff, do you make fun and laugh when wheelchair bound people fall out of their wheelchairs as well (as an example)? Imitate them for a laugh? I mean if you approve of a parody where the subject matter is millions suffering and thousands dying, how low would you stoop? So about those songs Geoff?

I love the smell of your hypocrisy. Unfortunately I can't spread it around my rose garden like I spread chicken manure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.