Why Homeopathy is getting more and more popular?

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Dr. Nancy Malik, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellie Banned Banned

Unfortunately there is no, as far as i know, magic cure for opiate addiction and if a placebo worked then...well it just wouldn't. But then it is always good to have hope.

That said, as far as i know, the only real cure is some other substance that reacts with the addictive drug to make the subject sick. Actually that method is very effective. In other words you take one substance and when you take the substance causing detriment the subject gets violently ill...or fairly ill.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ellie Banned Banned

To add to that, what happens is a mixture of the physical and psychological which is a big part of any addiction.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

I took a look at 3 studies posted by Malik.

Bakshi, JPS. (1990) Homoeopathy - A New Approach to Detoxification. Proceedings of the National Congress on Homoeopathy and Drug Abuse, p-20-28. New Delhi, India.

Not available.

Garcia-Swain S, (1993) A Double-Blind, Placebo- Controlled Trial Applying Homeopathy to Chemical Dependency. Hahnemann College of Homeopathy, Albany, California.

Not published.

CCRH. (1994) Clinical evaluation of homoeopathic medicines in the management of withdrawal symptoms of drug dependents. [online] Available at http://www.ccrhindia.org/abstracts/cr/drugdependents.htm. (accessed 27 May 2009)

Not a randomized study.

Sorry Malik. The count stands at 1.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

More details at: http://www.homoeopathie.in/2007/09/04/the-truth-about-homoeopathy/

8. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Another bad post by Malik. This link points to a site that does not understanding science. It's the same sort of malarky and lies that Malik has posted directly here.

1. The site claims that if the placebo effect works for you, then pay for the sham.
    2. That double-blind studies are not suited to homoeopathy. This is a lie that has been disputed here many times
    3. The next lie is the claim of a process that has never been shown to exist - this vibrational energy release

This link is a rehash of lies and nothing more.

Malik, have you given up your claim of proof? I would have thought that you'd have been able to find something? Why only 1?

The count stands at 1.

For anyone new to this thread the count is the number of articles supporting homoeopathy that Malik has provided despite the claims of abundant evidence.

9. stereologist Escapee from Dr Moreau Registered Senior Member

Another point on the lies of homoeopathy. The recent link posted by Malik was a 2007 cut and paste of a 2005 lie. Telling lies over and over again still leaves them all lies.

10. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Homeopathy could be useful for other things.
    eg

To prevent Earthquakes, grind up some earth from a place that has just had a quake. Shake it in a test tube and dilute it many times. Keep shaking it.
    When it is Homeopathic strength 100x, send it to another earthquake region.
    Sprinkle it liberally on the ground, and you should notice a reduction in tremors.

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Well here's some proof for Malik.

dilute a thread with hundreds of posts about homeopathy (it's matters not if they are for or against), eventually the "watered down thread" will be so diluted that most sane people won't want to participate and those that do are only doing so to try and reason with the insane why such arguments suggesting that homeopathy is of use, is in fact insane.

I'm closing the thread, by all means make any objections heard by pming me, I won't hide the fact that people sometimes complain that their pet loon can't be ranted at anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.