Why has Willy been banned?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Lord Hillyer, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Seen by whom as such, pray tell? If race is irrelevant or non-existent, then why employ it as the plot vortex of your thread? As it stands, its major premiss is a veritable archetype of racial consciousness; indeed, race is not only acknowledged, but sanctioned and declared a fixed and blighted object in the morally contentious constellation of social classes.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I already did when I realised people were not getting what I was trying to ask. It happens a lot to me, I jump five paces ahead in my thoughts and expect everyone to be on the same page, its something I'm trying to overcome. :bawl:

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Myself of course, I was more concerned with the change in educational achievement over 20 years, everyone else could not get beyond the color even though it was in the same community of people

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

I knew how you wanted the topic to be discussed but it didn't look like there was anyway to have a discussion on that topic without bringing up race at all.
    Were you just worried that it would become racially motivated, and turn nasty?

Yes and no. Racism, unfortunately, has always been a part of our society (and not just ours...cue apartheid in South Africa). I think maybe it's seen as a social problem because of the problems of racism. :shrug:

I think they couldn't get beyond the color because they knew that race might be a factor. And while I agree that social stature can play a role in issues like that, race can play a role as well; as unfortunate as that sounds.

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Beyond colour, to wit, race? Why shouldn't they? It was the entire foundation of your statistic and thus thread. It would have been easy enough to post figures depicting the annual changes in formal education amongst the poor, disabled, or bald. Why, then, the Negroes? Only you can answer this.

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like I said it was the change over 20 years that struck me and that I soon realised everyone else was perfectly oblivious to.

10. John J. Bannan Registered Senior Member

Free Willy! Sorry, bad joke.

11. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Bad film!

12. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

The change in what over twenty years? The formal educational attainment of what you consider to be a fictitious grouping of people? Knowing Sciforums as well as you do, did you believe in all glistening innocence that this prickling notion would be universally swept aside?

Those who know your views would likely think it significant that you were trotting out a quantification of an anachronistic demographical contrivance, and naturally hone in on this aberration. Those who are unfamiliar with your views would be inclined to focus upon, as the record lays plain, the blatant plot point of race.

Both groups are naturally tempted to infer that the real motive of the thread appears to have been, in hindsight, a vehicle for the capricious use of moderation power. Your intentions may in fact have been as pure as a kitten's iris, but the execution was botched appallingly. Perhaps you can ban yourself for seven days, so that you might in the breach contemplate how to modify your behaviour, that in future more might be stricken with your virtue than with your magic wand.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Knowing sciforums as well as I do, I knew it would be possible to have a discussion on other social aspects if the racists could be requested to move it elsewhere. I gave Willy 3 warnings, which are visible to other moderators even if not to you, and the 7 day ban was due to his previous 3 day one. As for my moderation, I keep it very restricted to points that matter to a discussion, if any one has complaints they are free to ask Plazma or James to undo it.

14. Xev Registered Senior Member

Yay SAM!
    He had nothing of value to contribute - he simply tossed up some stupid thing that would inflame a boring debate and then never went further, never said anything unique, never said anything original.

15. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

I wonder if Willy was trolling or just 7 years old.

16. John99 Banned Banned

Who amongst us is entirely devoid of bias?

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Okay ... and?

18. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

he was a 7yr old troller!!

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

These forums would be very boring if no-one ever made a non-PC or an inflammatory remark. Dull as ditchwater. It becomes a problem when threads are continually steered around to controversial discussions, or when the poster is deeply offending people and won't back off or apologise. There's a line, and he crossed it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

"why was willy banned"

because he was a [ENC]penis[/ENC].:thankyou:

peace.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

women don't get banned??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is that cuz they are women or cuz they know when to shut up?

22. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I guess both..

23. John99 Banned Banned

Women get banned.

Peta is a female, i think. Singularity, read her posts and Anomalous...search for those two.:bugeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.