Why has Willy been banned?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Lord Hillyer, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I have been away from the forums for a while, but I have noticed bright posts by one called 'Willy', who for some reason has been banned. From his writings I've seen thus far, I suspect the reason was that he didn't go along with

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

What explanation does the 'moderator community' [sic] offer?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Did you bother to look at the banlist?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

'Trolling' is so vague a term as to be utterly meaningless. Does it mean he sought attention? If so, why isn't the entire member list on the ban list? Or, is it as I suggested in post #1?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I see: so he was permabanned for allegedly thrice mentioning race in a thread about race. Typical Sciforum moderation logic.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Willy joined sciforums recently. His first action on arrival was to start an anti-homosexual thread. Subsequently, he has broadened his horizons to include racism as well.

He had an initial 3 day ban as a result of gaining over 20 infraction points in a 10 day period.

Currently, he is on his second-offence ban for the standard 7 day period, this time for trolling. Specifically, in this instance he continued to post innane drivel directly in response to a moderator's warning to stop that behaviour.

He has not been permabanned. Check your facts before making accusations in future. You may have missed it, but there's a link at the top of the page which says "ban list". Click on it.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

He's banned permanently now?

11. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

He's not permabanned.

This is his second temp ban, which means he's suspended for seven days.

First ban was 3 days suspension because of 21 active infraction points.

I'll repeat what Nick said: Did you bother to look at the banlist?

There is explanation besides every ban and suspension.

Willy continued with flaming and trolling after his/her first ban. That's why he's been banned again.
    I don't see anything disputable in that.

12. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

It is clear now: he was not permabanned, merely banned for a week for mentioning race in a thread about race. The unsullied reputation of the wise moderation community has been once again vindicated by an irrelevant technicality.

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What did you not understand about my explanation above?

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i wish he was permanently banned who was a "chwblha ysgegia"

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Race is not a scientific concept any more.

As a scientific idea it's been totally discredited, and no-one is really interested in it except people who want to provoke debate and set it on a respectable level as an alternative scientific point of view.

It's a bit like fundamentalist creationists using "science" to prove that the world is only 5,000 years old. They believe it because it's something they want to believe, and if the science fits they will use it, otherwise not.

Same with Holocaust revisionists. Their main agenda is political.

All these people want to draw people to their various causes.
    I don't think that Willy is doing that.
    I think he likes to stir people up a bit.
    People condemn trolling, but most successful posts contain an element of it.

16. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

When did the monolith of Scienceā„¢ decree that race no longer exists?

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Just take one biological fact. All human cultures share 99.9% of their genes.
    I would say case proven. No such thing as race.

Do racists agree? Do they hell.
    Butterflies and caterpillars share 100% of their DNA. Monkeys share 98% of human DNA. etc.

Blurring and pseudoscience.
    People will only accept this kind of nonsense if they want to.

18. bsemak Just this guy, you know Registered Senior Member

Well put Chris. I fear though, that many her in this forum will keep banging on about it.

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Thanks. I'm not going to post any more on this thread.
    I can do without rowing with people and I can see it coming.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Willy was banned for ignoring warnings and infractions and repeatedly attempting to derail a thread. I could have merely added an infraction making them 20 points (since he already had 18) which would make it more valid, but I wanted him to know why he was banned. This will give him the opportunity to understand what kind of posts are not suitable and hopefully he can stick around and discuss things with us.

21. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I read the thread in its lugubrious entirety and the only devoted attempts to derailment I witnessed were your own; you ignited the thread by pointing out that more Negro males are in gaol than at university, and thereafter browbeat any poster with the temerity to discuss the original post topic with the odd edict that your thread was exclusively intended to discuss 'education'. A spider's web, and not a nice spider, nor a powerless one.

The interesting question is not why more male Negroes are being awarded sentences than diplomas, but: why are you race baiting? Or 'culture baiting', as you may prefer. Entertainment? Boredom?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The fact that it is seen as a race problem rather than a social problem is a sad commentary on the times.

23. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Did you ever think, Sam, that in this case, the race and social aspect of it were irremovably intertwined, yet you unjustly tried to segregate the two?
    How could you honestly make a thread like that, with that topic no less, and NOT expect race to come into it?
    Sam, I know what you meant by saying it's supposed to be an educational thread, but trying to remove race, as a topic, from that thread, is like trying to remove a turtle from its shell.
    Maybe it would help if you explained exactly how you see it as strictly a social issue and not having anything to do with race whatsoever? Could you elaborate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.