Why has Satyr been banned?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Lord Hillyer, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

hey i hope you guys realise that whenever it appears that i am being a savage outright rude asshole, im only joking.

take that into account please and dont ban my ass.

peace.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

Satyr has been banned? But he's one of the few remaining interesting posters on sciforums.

And why am I not surprised that Bells is involved? No doubt it is like that time Baron Max was banned, when he exploded at Bells for snidely implying that he supported child molestation.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

Is Satyr the guy who had a picture of Yao Ming in his avatar?

Anyway, I'm unbannable...and the mods know that for a DAMN fact.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Bring it.

(no, it's not me).

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

where did you get that picture of me trying to turn into piccolo from DBZ.

peace.

9. Ripley Valued Senior Member

But the question remains: why did he blow his stack? Second question: why all those candidly painful typos in all the posts he wrote that evening, and were then deleted? Third question: insults that are anything new? coming from the Wanderer's character? What's so unusual about that? At least he kept to his personal theme.

So we return to the first question to explain the rest.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

SAM:

Comes with the territory, and I can help:

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Hillyer:

Are you incapable of reading the explanation on the ban list?

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.

mountainhare:

The insults he was banned for weren't interesting. They were just the usual lowest-common denominator expressions of a person who can't think of any better way to express himself.

12. Ripley Valued Senior Member

And what was Bell's criterion for closing the Feminization of Men? Answer: She got bored with it.

13. Bells Staff Member

Bored? No.

I closed it because it had veered wildly off topic, to the point where pink hair was being discussed. It was full of personal insults and vendetta's and frankly, I left it open longer than I should have.

I was involved only to the extent that I closed a thread. And upon logging on the next day, I found a plethora of charming posts spammed through Human Science which had been deleted by Admin.

Now you can calm down mountain. There really is no conspiracy.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Perhaps next week we should start banning people arbitrarily. Once folks start taking note, we can rescind the bans and explain that this is what it looks like if we withdraw from the community and judge as coldly and precisely and universally as people demand. If they want us to be gods or robots, fine. Let's let 'em see what that looks like.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You really should start attending the secret meetings!:bugeye:

16. Ripley Valued Senior Member

One of the words Wanderer Satyr used repetitively during his lambasting (his many typos suggested he was pissed drunk—drink suggests he was hurt) was mediocrity.

I noted that word and couldn't help noticing the tedium and mediocrity that mostly prevailed during the second third phase of The Feminization Of Man—a far cry when Gendanken use to pepper the pages of Sciforums.

And although I wasn't responding frequently—I'm really not into writing much these days—I had been working on a strategy. However, I never wrote my two responses in two minutes' flat either. As moderator, Bells was, in my opinion, being mediocre not to have noticed that there was progress being made by several posters—here and there at different times; but that's besides the point. And as a "regular" poster she had even participated in the thread herself—it now seems likely she kept the thread opened until she had had her say. Instead, like most moderators at Sciforums, she took the quick fix out by opting to reward the mediocre when she chose to close a perfectly good topic.

And as moderators you all contradict yourselves too because when you lock a thread the crux of it is to end any further discussion—yet you all complain that a thread "dies"—a Phoenix has no bloody chance amongst the mediocre. Bah. You're all full of it.

I was hoping to ask Wanderer, I mean Satyr, why not replace Feminization with Mediocre-ization.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I must have botched the memo. Maybe my decoder ring is broken. I've been on the lookout all week for an invasion of the secret cheese horde by the hyperintelligent mice from Uranus.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In case you had missed it, the facility for opening a new thread is available to all, including *gasp* yourself.

We wait with bated breath to be inundated with your exceedingly well thought out (well above mediocrity) posts, with which you were planning to stun the forum, in that thread.

Please hurry.

19. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

You've never watched "Willow" have you? tsk tsk tsk

Maybe I should have posted a pic of Aragorn or Rob Roy(although he wears a kilt as well) instead?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Have you watched Kill Bill?

21. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Both volumes, my dear. What does that have to do with Madmartigan, Aragorn or Rob Roy kicking her ass?

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean they usually fight women?

23. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Only when the women don't do what they're told.

:roflmao:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.