Why gay marriage is wrong

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Algernon, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Algernon Registered Senior Member

I found this off some guy's facebook, thought some of you might get a kick out of it (and some might not).

"10 reasons why gay marriage is wrong

1) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans"

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sheep would be nicer, I'd think.:shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

That's awesome. I love the sarcastic manner in which that was delivered.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

I disagree with 2).

Sexuality is a fairly learned behavior. Even in birds, they get confused what to have sex with, depending on who raises them.

If mike was raised by ancient Greeks, he'd look at young boys and start drooling as he thought about their succulent tight sphincters, for instance.

8. Algernon Registered Senior Member

What about the people that are with someone of the opposite sex but still "crave" or have "feelings" for those of the same sex? They learned that they should be with someone of the opposite sex through social standards but secretly want to be or are attracted to their own. Would they just have to tough it up and be a "man" or "woman" as society deems natural of their gender roles or do their profound desires have an inherent genetic defect that is counterproductive to their evolutionary roles as viable breeding sexual organisms?

9. Roman Banned Banned

What about it?
    All it shows is that people will do whatever they think is expected of them.

10. Algernon Registered Senior Member

Here's a couple questions for you:
    If you were attracted to what was apparently a female, and could tell no different, and you had no idea even through their personality, figure, even genitalia that they were male, would you be considered a homosexual? Granted maybe if you found out through DNA testing that they were in fact or used to be a male, would you be considered a misled homosexual under false pretenses?

Or if there was a female, but she dressed up as a boy, acted as a boy, and under most circumstances aside from genitalia was considered a boy, and lets just remove any possible "masculine" features such as muscles or facial/body hair, and she just appeared to be and acted as a role of man in all cases, but you were with her and found her attractive, and had a meaningful relationship in spite of the masculine roles she played, would you be considered a homosexual, on the terms that she acts in ways that a man would?

Or, given this scenario... say you enjoyed non-"tradition" sex, like insertion into other orifices (pardon my depiction of these practices), but with members of the same sex. Lets say you hold that value, and instead have it with men. Are both people gay or is one straight because its with a woman. Because if so, then how do you define what is gay?

What about someone who enjoys sexual activity with members of the same sex but are attracted to females socially. Or lets flip that around to something more of what our society is USED to... men enjoying having sex with women but enjoying spending time drinking beers and steak and watching the game with their guy buddies.

Is homosexuality defined as the attraction to a member of the opposite sex? or is it limited to sexual activity with members of the opposite sex. And if its all of the above, then what do you label or categorize those who lie in between. And if its something in between, would it be "gay" to be attracted to characteristics that are shared between the two gender roles? What defines what a woman or man is supposed to be like, because that distinction is clearly different and not all-inclusive when referring to biologically applicable male or female sexual genotypes.

11. Algernon Registered Senior Member

Well I guess there could be a simple explanation to everything. We could just be stubborn bigots and say that everyone is wrong.

Of course then it wouldn't be as interesting.

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

OMG not another one of these threads. How many times have we gone over the same topic.

:zzz:

2) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Hmmmmmmm so far that hasn't been working for me.

13. Algernon Registered Senior Member

Yeah, that and hanging around with short people has made me shorter. How one sided!

14. Roman Banned Banned

wtf dude, stop sharing your sick fantasies with us. I don't want to hear about your SRY mutant girlfriend/boyfriend, ok?

15. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

For men probably, but the well known, now dead, lady artist (who live in AZ and painted those big flowers in vivid colors - I forget her name, just now) would disagree. She had a german shepard trained to lick her "G-spot." I don't think a sheep can do that.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
  16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you mean Georgia O'Keefe?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Its true, the only 'normal' people are the ones you don't really know.

17. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Actually, in erosmenos/erastes relationships, they prefered a sort of between the thighs sex. Anal wasn't smiled upon.

And 'splain the whole identical gay twins deal then, Lucy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. Exterminate!!! Registered Member

So was it still missionary or what?

19. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Yep. Think of it this way. I'm your 14 year old erosmenos, and you're my 20-something erastes. I'm on my back, and you're pushing my legs together and putting them up and putting your genitals between them, maybe with oil to make it more comfortable.

20. Exterminate!!! Registered Member

oh come on. can't we have a drink first? take you out to the acropolis? don't move too fast...

21. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

Well, no. You take your wife out. You just nail me, and maybe we play some sports.

22. Exterminate!!! Registered Member

Twenty points to the erosmenos!

23. takandjive Killer Queen Registered Senior Member

I'm going to hell for talking about sex with you, even as a gay 14 year old.