Why Einstein will never be wrong

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by paddoboy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

One of the benefits of being an astrophysicist is your weekly email from someone who claims to have "proven Einstein wrong". These either contain no mathematical equations and use phrases such as "it is obvious that..", or they are page after page of complex equations with dozens of scientific terms used in non-traditional ways. They all get deleted pretty quickly, not because astrophysicists are too indoctrinated in established theories, but because none of them acknowledge how theories get replaced.

To begin with, Einstein's gravity will never be proven wrong by a theory. It will be proven wrong by experimental evidence showing that the predictions of general relativity don't work. Einstein's theory didn't supplant Newton's until we had experimental evidence that agreed with Einstein and didn't agree with Newton. So unless you have experimental evidence that clearly contradicts general relativity, claims of "disproving Einstein" will fall on deaf ears.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-01-einstein-wrong.html#jCp

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

Tell me why most people should even care?

You and i will never know the true science, they will never tell the public anything worth knowing or true. What you just came out is rubbish, as they will never tell you what is true or false at that level.

They keep the secrets to themselves at some level, whether you like it or not. So what would it matter to most of us what einstein came up with or didn't or whether its true or false?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

I totally agree with you. Experimental proof is all.

But what about dark energy? Could the fact that the expansion of the universe is accelerating be viewed as a problem with Einstein's theory rather than as a new and unknown force?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah right.

You don't have much faith in science do you?
    Yet every second , every minute, every hour of every day, you are influenced by and make use of the thousands of flow ons and scientific advances that make our world what it is.
    Some of your posts previously could also be described as, well, rather weird??? to say the least.
    for instance.....
    "I bet you will find mankind was on the moon long before 1969.

Nato is run from underground bases and they are far more advanced then they are telling you. These people moaning about this have it the wrong way round. Nasa is hiding the technology they used and thats why you have these questions, but mankind is far more advanced then they are telling you."
    In the "did we go to the Moon"thread.....

and this little doozy......

"What i find absolutely hilarious, is the world is full of books about people claiming they know something. But most of them are written by people whom never knew the subject at all. But somehow people claim reading books is good for your knowledge, lol
    ^
    This sums up science, most of them know nout, and they have names for people they cannot stand know something they do not"
    in the "Consciousness in the Physics Forum is warranted"thread...

or this......
    "Science live in fantasy world, look at dawkins and his fantasy about evolution. Look at quantum physics that cannot be proven, look at the big bang.

SO much of science is fantasy, and never exists. Dawkins rubbish about evolution in humans will one day be seen like gore and his rubbish ideas on the weather, useless rubbish."
    in "How do you explain unusual paranormal activities after playing on the Ouija board?"

So much for living in a fantasy world!

8. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I know from my own life how inflated human intelligence is, and the people that believe they are smart are not really, just repeaters.

Your taking alot on trust to say that they will ever tell the public about such things. The public does not need to know, and i doubt it will ever find out the real truths about serious science, or what humans can work out.

9. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

I don't think so. DE doesn't invalidate gravity, it just works against it.
    It could also be the Cosmological Constant, that Einstein added to his equations to align with a static Universe, and proclaimed it as his biggest blunder, but now it is being revisited at a different value in DE.

10. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's called standing on the shoulders of giants.

What other conspiracies are you into?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Sorcerer Put a Spell on you Registered Senior Member

I didn't mean that DE invalidates gravity, but that the accelerating expansion of the universe does not accord with Einstein's theory. If it's necessary to revisit the theory as you suggest, then I have no problem with that. Surely that's better as a starting point that postulating a new and unknown force with no experimental evidence to back it up - apart from the expansion, of course. I mean no direct observable evidence that DE exists.

12. LaurieAG Registered Senior Member

The results of Einstein's 1939 paper "On a Stationary System With Spherical Symmetry Consisting of Many Gravitating Masses" is continually questioned.

http://www.cscamm.umd.edu/tiglio/GR2012/Syllabus_files/EinsteinSchwarzschild.pdf

13. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

What are you talking about, if you think that the west spends so much time working out stuff so they can give it to others publicly your wrong. They would keep anything they truly have to themselves.

So stop wasting our time with rubbish terms called conspirices.

14. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

It's quite obvious your the one wasting time, with all your governmental conspiracies and such.
    Get in the real world matey!

15. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

I live more in the real world than you, so you can take your useless terms and talk to someone else.

If your ignorant thats your problem, i do not need you or anyone else to tell me how to think. The majority of people are sheep, and you would love them to be that way, but not me. Plus do not use your useless terms on me, i have no interest in those vile bits of language that are used as insults to people.

I live more in the real world than you, so do not speak to me about living in real world.

If you were so smart you would of found out what i did in my life. Any one that uses useless general terms like conspiracy does not have an opinion worth knowing to me.

16. wellwisher Banned Banned

Relativity is not wrong, but is incomplete since it does not paint a complete picture of reality. Gravity induced pressure is a result of mass and not space-time. If it was an artifact of space-time, space-time contraction due to special relativity would also generate pressure, thereby altering the properties of materials of the future space ships used for near light speed travel. The twin experiment would be a moot point if one of the twins became a blob of high pressure gas due to space-time generate pressure. This does not occur.

GR and SR differ, not by space-time, but by GR being connect to mass. Mass/gravity will also increase density allowing phase changes which is where the bulk physical properties of atoms or sub particles begin to change. In the core of a star, distance between separate nuclei are the closest, yet the frequencies of transitions are the fastest. Time and space are going in different directions due to mass/density/pressure. Einstein focused only on space-time, where space and time go in the same direction.

Interestingly, since mass/pressure due to gravity can cause phase changes, this is how gravity interfaces the EM and nuclear forces. In star core's gravity causes nuclear reactions while on the surface of the earth it interfaces EM forces.

17. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

:bravo:
    That's so good, I'm going to repeat it often and pretend I thought of it myself.

18. Russ_Watters Not a Trump supporter... Valued Senior Member

Who is "they" and what makes you so sure paddoboy isn't one of "they"?

19. queeg Registered Member

You're under the impression "they" can keep a secret.

20. superstring01 Moderator

A scientists told me that all theories are wrong. They are all right. It depends on the framework inside of which you're working. Effectively, for our daily lives, Newton's Laws of Gravity are correct and they work perfectly fine. They break down on the larger scales. Einstein's General Relativity works great . . . except when you get really small. Theories are were facts and observations go "to mean something". And their sphere of "meaning something" may not be absolute, and may only work within certain boundaries. As such, it is categorically impossible for Einstein's Special and General Relativity to "be wrong" for us, because they've been proved right. It's just that, we may discover other areas of spacetime (super-sizes, super-small sizes) where they simply don't work and cannot provide meaningful explanations of how things interact.

21. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

You live in the real world???
    Yet you post dribble as I have illustrated in post 4. Tell me what other conspiracies to you hold onto?

You have told me twice in the above post, you live in the real world......Tell me, what world is that?
    And am I part of this conspiracy?
    To believe as you do would be quite unsettling and unnatural in my opinion.
    You must wake up every morning, afraid to get out of bed, for fear the government, politicians, and the media are orchestrating another conspiracy on the world.
    Just a few questions though....Where do people in government, politicians and the news media people, that perpetrate so called conspiracies come from?
    And why do they want to conspire against the world?
    Although it is refreshing that you agree we went to the Moon, it is rather weird for anyone to believe we went there well before Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins did....So tell me, how many thousands of people were involved in this cover up?...and how did they get to keep it all so quite?
    Where did you get the inside info on this conspiracy?? Or is this one an original of your own?

In my opinion, conspiracy pushers and those that readily believe such outrageous nonsense are motivated by a sense of sensationalism, while for others, conspiracy theories are intriguing. They like to explore all of the possibilities that a conspiracy theory presents, in the same way that they like to explore puzzles or mystery novels. Sometimes a conspiracy theory is ridiculous and learning about it is a form of entertainment for certain people.

No, in reality, you do not live in the real world.....You live in a fantasy world full of doubt, guilt, and paranoia about your fellow man.
    Conspiracy is not a useless term. It is a word to describe people who are inclined to believe any bit of rubbish that anyone will tell them or that they find on u tube video, about the world conspiring against all and sundry, and generally purported by anyone not real happy in the skin they are in.

I'm no mainstream patsy....and as a layman in my own limited way, I look at all scenarios critically and judge accordingly to the best of my ability. It just so happens that the conclusions I reach align with mainstream views in general. I'm not burdened by any fanatical desire to usurp authority, or to fanatically see all forms of authoritarian scenarios as a conspiracy.
    That in pure and simple terms is just plain nutty.

Now in relation to the OP in question, tell me what are you questioning? What conspiracy do you think is being instigated? and for what reasons?
    Or was this just another opportunity of your's to rant and rave about more conspiracies in general?

22. brucep Valued Senior Member

superstring01 [good fortune during your training]

Nice post. Domain of applicability seems to confuse the uninitiated. Asking a theory to describe natural phenomena outside the theoretical models domain of applicability means you don't know what the domain of applicability is. IE you don't know how the theory works and what natural phenomena it describes.

23. brucep Valued Senior Member

You'd think that after some reasonable time frame 'the forum' would be able to toss out such nonsense. Since you've taken up the gauntlet for meaningful discourse it might cut you some slack to do more of that.