Why Don't We Understand Water?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by apodictic, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apodictic Registered Member

Oxygenation is part of the death process and is also part of the life process. But you don't want to overdose on Oxygen, do ya? We take antioxidants for our health which prevent oxidization, the "rusting" of the body. Why do we take them? Is it foolish or does it mean anything? If it means something, then what is the teaching behind it and does it apply to oxygenating water?

There is also Ozone, which would kill you if you consumed it directly I believe, many times more powerful as Chlorine as a disinfectant, but they put it in a good deal of water because it dissipates in 20 minutes - - Logic would make you think that it might leave a residue or create a byproduct that isn't healthy as well. But it's in the water and all we can find on Google is fun "I don't know" answers like we're from the 1640's still trying to figure it all out. Ozone in air filters was banned once.

How about firing UV light at water?*

Maybe the end result of all this purification is just that: nothing. But what do we need in water that we're losing through purification? How do we know when we're over purifying our water? Keep in mind, the body is filled and covered with microscopic bacteria. We are symbiotic life forms and what's best for us isn't necessarily some stripped down H2O molecule. I mean, when did we start consuming directly from the Periodic Table of Elements? Maybe we need some of the microorganisms, the bacteria, the electrical charge. Maybe that's all good for us, too?

I guess the main question I'm asking is what was really lost in the process of taking water that was originally running down pure glacial streams carrying rich minerals and electrical energy and microbial bacteria that was beneficial to the body... and replacing it with completely nuked water with Ozone and UV sitting in a plastic bottle at 7eleven?*

What have we lost in that process and what have we added that is not good?*

There are salesman in our world of profiteers that say that the most beneficial property of water that we lost is electrical and those salesmen push ionizers. There are others that say the most important aspect of water is the purity and the salesman push water filters. Then there are others who say that it's the PH, etc. etc., and each school of "thought" has its own accompanying sales staff. How adorable our world is. If we could just get the answer, how much more adorable it would be.

And I guess the REAL, REAL question I'm asking is whether there is any non retail-sales based body of scientific knowledge? Is there any scientific knowledge not linked up to and end consumer product, because that's all I'm finding on Google. Now I'm here. Wow me. And I will love you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sometimes that bacteria isn't very beneficial to humans and they become sick because they didn't purify that water no matter how clean they might think it looks. There are other things, like amoebas that enjoy water as well and they too can cause great damage to humans. There are also pollution contaminates that we have in water today everywhere in the world even in the glaciers. So there's always going to be contaminates in any water today wherever you get it from. The best way to drink water is from most American cities public water supply for it has been treated with proper things to decontaminate the water before you drink it. You could also buy a reverse osmosis type of filter which I recommend as a plumber for it is the best at removing unwanted things that are sometimes found in water. But the city supply is the best way to be sure it is OK to drink the filtration is only going to give you more peace of mind.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...j6DPAw&usg=AFQjCNF_shRkulALzlEiG1rQhioM9scnaw

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

The bottled water industry has long been of concern to some, and this study goes quite a ways back, yet the concerns remain the same to this day.

http://www.water-drinking.com/index.shtml

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

The following FAQ from Health Canada:

Frequently Asked Questions about Bottled Water

Bottled water is a topic of interest to Canadians. In this section you will find answers to frequently asked questions about the quality of bottled water sold in Canada.

What is bottled water?
    How is bottled water regulated in Canada?
    Who is responsible for the regulation of bottled water?
    Who checks bottled water?
    Is bottled water regulated differently than tap water?
    Are the requirements for imported bottled water the same as those for bottled water produced domestically?
    Is a license needed to start bottling water for sale?
    What types of bottled water are there?
    Why is ozone added to spring or mineral water?
    Can bottled water be manufactured from municipal tap water?
    What type of information is required on the labels of bottled water?
    How can I tell the source of the water used for a bottled water?
    Is bottled water sold in Canada safe?
    Are there bacteria in bottled water?
    Can bottled water cause illness?
    Is bottled water safer than tap water?
    What should I consider before buying bottled water?
    What type of bottled water do you recommend?
    How should bottled water be stored?
    Could I store and use bottled water for emergency use?
    How do I prepare water to store for emergency use?
    What can I do to ensure the safe use of bottled water?
    Does Health Canada regulate the plastic bottles used to sell water in?
    Is it true that plastic used in water bottles can release Bisphenol A into the water?
    Is it safe to reuse the bottles that water is sold in by filling them with tap water?
    Does freezing bottled water cause toxic chemicals to be released from the plastic bottle into the water?
    How should a water cooler be cleaned?
    Where can I find more information?

Answers to these questions at the following link:

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/facts-faits/faqs_bottle_water-eau_embouteillee-eng.php#a25

8. Fuse26 011 Banned

I will write that we hardly understand anything. Given the infinity of EVERYTHING one must be good at debating to bring others around to your thinking. IF I discover a truth, many years later someone may appear who discovers an opposing truth. The issue must be debated rather than the two beings simply killing each other. Actually there probably is no ONE truth, it is probably a bit of both opposing sides.

9. apodictic Registered Member

All of these answers thus far are pseudo answers derived from reading some BS on the death star known as Google or watching the corporatized evening news. Basically, I've only heard from bots so far. Later, I'll start the world's first science forum.

10. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

There is a considerable body of traditional information that relates to the understanding of water in nature. It is all oral teachings and you will not find it on the web.

You would have to go and live on the land with it's people to possibly learn and understand.

Science derides traditional knowledge, yet it was the First Nation people in Old Crow, who back in 1994 came to the men of science in the Yukon Territorial and Canadian Federal governments with the question, "Can you tell us why the lakes and streams are drying up?"

In their collective memory of many generations, they had never experienced this type and pace of change.

The men of science, at that time, had no suggestions to offer.

Water is not a product.

Water is life itself.

The water of the world is in motion.

We haven't seen anything yet.

This may not be the type of response you are seeking, but it's my two cents on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.