Why don't people eat right and exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by desi, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stratos Banned Banned

If you'd told our ancestors 200 years ago that the poorest people in society would also be the fattest, they would have been unable to work out how.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I exercise and I don't particulary it unhealthy, nevertheless my cholesterol level was 255, which is a lot. My weight is perfect by the way...

After a while I said, screw it. If I can even it what I like beside not smoking, drinking (a lot) or taking drugs, what the hell is life good for?

So maybe most people just don't care that much. Why would we want to live up to 100, if we have to live like monks? Where is the fun in that???

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. soullust Registered Senior Member

Inflation....

8. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I totally agree.

I'd rather live life at 110% and die young than live like a monk, deny myself this and that and the other...for what? Just so I can be a good girl in society's eyes? Screw that.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Lol, I eat a ton of shit that I shouldn't....cookies, sweets, whatever has an intense taste. I'm 5'7 and 50kg...mutant girl hehe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Yep, I agree completely. Being fit and taking care of yourself improves virtually every aspect of your being. It's almost as if the body evolved with the expectation that it would undergo a good amount of physical activity every day.

People are just too content to give a shit about taking care of the body. You see a fat person? That's a happy person. When people get into relationships, they get fat because they're happy. Usually people who take good care of themselves had some rational realization that health is a valuable thing.

11. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Hmm, weird. I'm happy, but I do like exercise.

12. Bert Registered Member

that's your answer. I try getting my mum to exercise avec moi but she's much too busy...
    talking to her friends and watching tv.

13. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

If people realized how much better they'd feel if they worked out more people would do it. We live in a society that conditions us to choose instant gratification over everything else. Also, 99% of the food that's advertised is actually bad for you. 99% of the restaurants we're surrounded by are serving you bad food. Once someone becomes a diabetic like me you'll soon realize that everything outside of the produce isle in your local grocery store is abound with high glycemic carbs, sugar, and trans-fats.