Why doesn't the rest of the world do this?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by mountainhare, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

In american movies at least.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

Right...

My post was a joke. Thankfully it got one in return.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rick Valued Senior Member

i think its a complimentary thing.We are talking about a long term scenario here.the Indian wages will continue to rise, since people with jobs will start living excellent life styles, so they will demand more and more. And no, Americans cannot ask for less wages, since the life standards that America has no comparison with India, so gradually indians will start taking huge sums, so the cost benefit factor (which was the first driving force for offsore outsourcing,at least initially) will get lost somewhere down the line.
    What do we have then? Indian contracts wil start ending ultimately, and Domestic outsourcing revolution in U.S. will begin, but think about it more deeply, By the time this happens, Indian market would have grown up in stature, so their own domestic market will be enough to sustain themselves.At the same time during this offsoring revolution period the U.S. will benefit in some ways or the other, like more avenues are bound to open with this sort of trade.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. alteredperception I know not what I do Registered Senior Member

yea other countries may be dumb, but not that dumb.

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

the whole "lets not trade with the US" thing would've worked before the US became a world power, sometime before the 1850s or 60s.
    but, now, with a maniac like bush in power, and a huge-ass supply of nukes, this doesn't seem like the best idea.
    and i quite like my foreign products that i buy in the US. it remids of how crappy american-made crap is and how good german/japanese/swedish stuff is.

9. vslayer Registered Senior Member

what?? since when was it your right to shove cruise missiles down anyones throat, you should thank us for not starting a war to stop you doing so

10. Jinoda Registered Senior Member

We just weren't quite the world power then that we are now. Nobody could have foreseen it, and now that you all wish you had, it's obviously too late.

I doubt any of our future presidents would tolerate anti-American trade like that for very long.

11. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

exactly. if the Europ.Pwrs. had done this before we became a world power, maybe we'd still be a backwater slophole. thing is, the powers baack then had no clue we'd become as powerful as we are no. no one did.