Why does Europe have such a high suicide rate?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Dan the Man84, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Whats upset you? That I pointed out that Japan doesnt have the highest sucide rate?

Childish.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Dont get your nickers in a twist nick, i,m having fun with you, if your not a muslim, i am sure you have a sense of humour, if you are a muslim, i am sorry & dont demonstrate about it or burn my embassy in your country.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What have muslims got to do with it? Got some kind of obsession?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

I am just pointing out muslims are devoid of a sense of humour, which might explain your bitchyness here,

"obsession?"

Calvin Klein Obsession For Women (100ml) Perfume, do you use it to nick a bocka glory.

8. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I'm not muslim, my devoid sense of humour must be from my cranky Englishness. Hey, arent you the one that said these stats were made by eggheads masturbating over Europe?? Talk about bitchyness.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  9. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

If you are english please address me by my title Sir, in future, i dont usually coverse with commoners like your self, think your self lucky you have posted to a knight of the round table.

10. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Well if you are Knighted, its a pity the Queen didnt slip when she had the sword around your head....

11. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Are you for real? They gotta get rid of the B.S monarchy, maybe we can stop spending for much money on BULLSHIT trips for the royals too here in Canada.

12. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Everything is much simpler, Europians (especially eastern europians) have not lost capacity for the reflection. Suicide one of the outcome of such a reflection. There are little reasons to feel comfortable in this world, to say that people who commited suicide are somewhom defected is a little presumptuous. It could be all still living are damaged goods. Western societies pretty much have forgotten about searches of "life senses" to concentrate on money/career making (or surviving, whatever is your luck). Easterners are still little bit different. Poverty has very little to do with suicides. Feeling of meaninglessness, fatalism, disgust with the world (and yourself) are much mor powerfull stimuli. Besides, unlike the West, East has not lost remnant of traditional societies yet. Today, the remnants of old world are being destroyed to be substituted with the western erzatzes. Without exaggeration world is crumbling, not everybody can stand societary mutation and forced societary atomization on the grand scale.

13. Dan the Man84 BAD BOY FOR LIFE Registered Senior Member

this makes the high rate of suicides in europe all the MORE confusing. WHY would people in eastern europe feel so "meaningless and disgusted" with the
    world more than any poor soul in a 3rd world country? if anyone should feel disgusted and meaningless, it should be the desperately poor in countries such as india and zimbabwe, not because they are poor, but because they lack resources to help their situation (not always dire, however). many people in these countries have communities that are close to crumbling, aids is ravaging many parts of africa with 26 million and counting infected, illness is a problem, so what exactly are these europeans suffering from to make them kill themselves like this?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  14. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

The high suicide rate results from rampant Atheism in eastern Europe, the hangover from Sovietism.

15. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Suicide is mental condition, of course. People in the 3rd world are too busy facing physical trauma and starvation to worry about how screwed they are.

People in the 2nd world, or countries which collapsed, are able to remember better times and cannot contend with harsher times. It is still very survivable in these countries, just cannot easily prosper. They are able to satisfy physical requirements for their lives, but not their mental requirements as often.

I have lived in northern Canada(Inuvik) and I can tell you 5-6 months without any sun can be a real downer. Alcoholism is rampant because of little to do and the environment seems to be trying to kill you. Vodka is also a very good way to get and keep warm.

16. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Again, it simpler that it seems. (some) People of the 2nd world feel that they don't belong, they don't fit in in the new world, they are not needed anymore by anything and anybody. 2nd world countries, as I said, are in the final stage of transition from the traditional societies to the atomized western-like societies. Obviously, westerners had similar circumstances circa 1700-1900. Today they are totally mutated into human atoms struggling for a better piece of pie (majority). From their standpoint, stupid 2nd worlders just kill themselves instead of breaking into lucrative management or medical fields (for example). Alas, 1st and 2nd world appart. For first worlder atomized state is (almost) the only possible state of a human being, for (some) 2nd worlder it's a reason to commit suicide. Whatever misfortunes 3rd worlder have, most of them definitely don't feel not needed, they are needed so close kin could survive. For 2nd worlders (majority at least), the physical survival is more or less assured.

BTW, out of 1 million people commiting suicide worldwide each year, 300,000 are Chinese, it's disproportionately large %, probably, because of the same societary mutation-atomization 2nd worlder experienced.

17. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

Lastly, in wartime (miserable, hungry and scary), there is sharp decrease in suicide rates (west, east, south - doesn't matter). Some speculate it's because people feel that they are "needed" during wartimes, it gives them reason to live.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Depressant abusers, such as alchoholics, kill themselves at high rates the world over. Eastern Europe has more of them.

Also, Europe has more accurate suicide stats than other places. In the US, for example, few single car accidents are counted as suicides - despite how common that technique appears to be. And people keep shooting themselves while cleaning their guns - fatally, a very high percentage of the time.

I've known two suicides. One was very religious (Protestant Christian), the other an alchoholic failure and an opera fan.

19. maxsta Registered Member

FU Latvia scum. this is a country russia and belarus liberated from the German Nazi's. Built everything for them. And to this day supply them with natural gas and oil.
    While they honor the nazi's today. So what if we occupied your weak dumb people for 10 years. You never even had a military.
    you live in a piece of shit country, no industry, no sports, no scientific achievements/discoveries.
    stop speaking our language.

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Post reported to Gestapo.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Please try not to carry on an international conflict on sciforums, Avatar and maxsta.

22. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

When the U.S. looks bad compared to Europe, it's the industrialized Western European countries that are ahead of us. When we want the U.S. to look good compared to Europe, it's the barely industrialized Eastern European nations that we're compared against.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

23. sandy Banned Banned

Yes.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!