Why does E=MC2

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Robert_js, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Gambit Star Universal Entity Registered Senior Member

nice theory

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Because there was no such thing as evolutionary biology as a field of science during his days. There were just a few people proposing evolutionary theories.​

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dilbert Registered Senior Member

I think the simplest answer to this question would be.

Because Einstein said it, Einstein.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

Robert_JS: The following is very misleading to anyone who does not know something about Edison & Einstein. If you have some knowledge relating to the following, you are being intellectually dishonest. I assume you just do not know much about these men.
    Einstein needed help with Differential Geometry and Tensor Analysis. You could get a PHD in mathematics and never take a course in these disciplines. Only a person with a serious knowledge of mathematics could cope with the first two days of an introductory course in these subjects. The idea that Einstein was a poor mathematician is a myth. Perhaps he was a poor mathematician compared to Von Neuman or other giants in the field, but compared to most he was an excellent mathematician.

Edison’s parents took him out of school because he annoyed his teachers by asking a lot of questions, probably ones they could not answer. They were educated and decided to home school him. The following is from a biography of Edison describing his home schooling.
    Saying that Edison had only three months of formal education, while a valid statement from the point of view of a lawyer, is the intellectual equivalent of a deliberate lie if you know anything about his educational background.

You apparently take comfort in believing that men like Edison were able to accomplish much on their own without education, but it is a mistaken belief. Consider that modern humans are essentially the same creatures as their ancestors from 100,000 years ago. There were undoubtedly men/women back then who could have been Einstein, Edison, or some other modern genius if they had been born in modern times. We owe all of our intellectual accomplishments to the vast amount of accumulated knowledge available to us. Do not knock the value of a formal or an informal education. Without it, most of us would not know how to do much better than the monkeys in the jungle.

If you know zilch about high school geometry, I feel sorry for you. You are deluding yourself if you think you can achieve anything significant without relying on the knowledge and discoveries of those who preceded you. Einstein himself acknowledged the work of those who preceded him when he said

8. Robert_js Registered Senior Member

What I know about Einstein is what I previously quoted. If you have a problem with that then refer to Paul Davies. You accuse me of being “intellectually dishonest” but where are your references.

You quote from a biography of Edison but does this biography have a name and an author?
    This unreferenced quotation states that Edison -:

No sensible person would doubt Edison’s intellect but you seem to want to credit all high achievers with a classical education. I doubt this is even close to the truth and Edison would seem a good example of the outsider coming good.

From “Overcoming Dyslexia” by Dr. Beve Hornsby.

No. I have a very high regard for education.

I agree.

I also agree with this. But where we seem to disagree is in what we regard as education. I have studied on a number of university campuses and much of what I have seen is a poor excuse for and education. I prefer to buy the books of reputable scientists and study from home. Perhaps this is because of the subject matter I am studying. Maybe if I was studying another field of science I would be happy to take in as much as possible from the learned men and women and not feel I was outcast for not agreeing with the prevailing dogma.

In an earlier post I gave a list of “out of left field” scientific break throughs that illustrate the point I am making. There is another that I will quote below. This is a very sad example of where formal science goes badly wrong and is something that we should all be mindful of.

Even as late as 1870 Joseph Lister had difficulty getting his antiseptic treatments accepted.

9. suzukisfrog Registered Senior Member

the world is a hologram anyways.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

*reading website*
    Ohhh!! That is why nobody likes your theory, because you believe in ETs....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Not to mention the word "God", which seem to care people nowadays....

Well, anyways.... I wonder, Robert_js..... can you tell me what is a tachyon?

11. crashdude Registered Member

I dont know much about thing... but i heard one of my physic lecturer comment about this e=mc² thingy...its really spook me out... Here it goes.. Do you guys know about Islam? It was written in their Quran (their holy books) that angels are made of light, and they had enormous powers... Powers that were written that they can crush mountains with their bare hands.. and they move at the speed of light makes them unseen by human eyes.. guess where the power come from? e=mc² energy come from mass X speed of light square... imagine... how could this logic in the holy book (angels are made from light)came out before.... the equation was written. Spooky...

12. I hate to hurt your feelings, but your statement means that you don't know what you are talking about, which means we don't need to take you seriously, which means, "why did you even bother posting?" & the answer is, because you wanted to spread islam to us poor un-islamic folk, why thank you
    if you were born in '82 & in college now, I expect your parents should get a full refund of your college tuition 'thingy', you've obviously slept through too many classes
    you are easily scared, boo!
    here's the lead in to real message
    obviously not your quran, how curious, from Malaysia & not muslim? Must be Chinese or Indian, huh?
    angels made from 'light'? would they be these angels?:
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Gal/Gal001.html#8
    & how would you know?
    logic? lets move this to the "religion" section, where these posts really belong
    you know what's really spooky, is that anyone would take any scientific advise from someone that thought this about flies:

13. thats the reason that lawyers can make truth 'lies' & lies 'truth'
    true enough, but image being the first to stand up-right, or to yell "bear" or to "paint" or invent an "alphabet", they were going into such uncharted territory, that the paradigm shift needed would have been so immense, that frankly, if we were the masses then, that we (yes, “we”) would have gone "ugh, huh?, (snort)!" & wacked the poor nerdy geek in the head, while yelling appropriate chimp derision-disapprovingly sounds, like “haw, haw, haw, haw, haw”
    true, but unfortunately many of our schools turn out graduates that are about as smart as monkeys, our society has been "dumbed down" so far, that some students razz those that are trying to learn; that many Americans really believe that Saddam Hussein had something to do with 9-11, don't get me started... sigh

14. Onefinity Registered Senior Member

Wrong forum. Try Physics.

15. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Because Albert fucking Einstein fucking said so.

16. crashdude Registered Member

lo.. dont get so serious man.. lol..

extremist extremist... lol :bugeye:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

The word "fuck" meant that it was a joke.