Why do you hate freedom?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Roman, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Donnal Registered Member

i dont think no one on earth hates freedom they just say stuff to make u argue
    sum people talk about super strings others talk about maths
    i think they let out steam i talk and winge about angels
    hahahaha and devastation
    just how people are everyone is diff but all the same

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Myles Registered Senior Member

No. that's up to the Prime Minister. He will go through he motions of advising( consulting) the Queen of parliament's decision.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Donnal Registered Member

which queen the black heart one
    they called the black queen years ago then changed it to queen of england
    when she dont live in england
    or another queen ????

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Donnal Registered Member

theres hundreds of royal families out there its hard t keep trackof em all

8. Myles Registered Senior Member

You are absolutely right. What keeps things in place is the number of hangers on who make a living out of it. There's also the remnants of the class system.

Defenders of the monarch frequently attempt to defend this nonsense by talking of the income the Royal Family generates for the country through tourism. My response is that. if the Royal Family was abolished and their palaces and residences thrown open to the public, tourism woulds not suffer in the least.

9. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Thatcherism and its successor Blairism show the dangers inherent in democracy. That danger is that ideologues voted in by a minority of the populace can run riot with their policies and mould a country as they wish despite the will of the majority.

At least our constitutional monarchy is a check on this power,
    albeit a small one. This Royal power is also ripe for abuse, as the history of Edward VIII attests, but the present queen is hard to criticise.

"Gawd Bless er Majesty", I say,
    though I may change my mind when the idiot son takes charge.

10. Myles Registered Senior Member

That's an illusion and you know. If she had any say Thatcher and Blair would not have been able to do all the things you disprove of.

I know you are joking but a lot of others may take you seriously

11. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

We have a Government that is voted into power by at best 30% of the population. Unless there is a hung Parliament they can do as they wish for up to 5 years. When the 5 years are up, again we get the chance to put our x down. This is our democracy.

The queen is at least a small check on their power, as are the judges and the house of Lords. It is only the undemocratic parts of our system that provide any balance at all.

12. Myles Registered Senior Member

The Lords can be overruled by parliament, as you must know. Parliament has the last word.

Please give me a concrete example of something that was held in check by the Queen. This doesn't apply to her corgis.

13. VRob Registered Senior Member

You are a clueless moron.

I'm a single father who's been paying 4 figures for over 10 years. I fought for custody of my son until I realized just how damaging the fighting was becoming for my son. I talk to him 3 times a day, have NEVER passed on my time with him. Have coached him for many years in 2 sports, I'm the one my son's school calls when there's an issue. I'm the one who goes to the parent/teacher conferences. I've tried a couple dozen times to reconcile with his mother, but she's too giddy with her newfound wealth.....

frankly, I take offense to your Ignorant Republican view towards single non-custodial parents doing their best to remain involved in their child's life.

14. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

How did he get from this:
    to this?

All he said was that deadbeat dads (clearly you are not a deadbeat dad) should be found and made accountable, along with the others he mentioned.

Someone's still got some issues....

Sheesh!

15. VRob Registered Senior Member

You've obviously never stood in front of a judge in a family custody hearing.

16. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Huh? How do you know???

And what does that have to do with you completly jumping someone's shit for something they didn't say or even imply???

17. VRob Registered Senior Member

It's the term "dead beat dads".

Yes, I undestand what the term means. It refers to fathers who don't take responsibility financially, or in any other manner, for their children. Well, I've been around long enough to realize that term gets thrown around and directed at ALL non-custodial fathers. Yes, I've heard the assumptions, and I most certainly do take offense to being categorized with that group.

I don't disagree with the disgust for these dads. In fact, I'm in a unique position to fully appreciate how disgusting these fathers really are. But the term gets directed at all of us. Even those of us who do our best everyday to continue to be dads. And I've read enough of his posts to understand his intentions with that remark.

18. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Well, that's fucked up. I've only ever heard it applied to the "dads" that disappear. And RO dosen't strike me at all as the type to categorize dads (like you) who are fully involved with their kids but just don't have custody for one reason or another, as "dead beat" or otherwise.

I'm minding my own business at this point. Carry on...

19. VRob Registered Senior Member

This issue is obviously a difficult one for me. It was very difficult for me in the beginning not being with my son. I went through many long, difficult nights. And maybe I take the ignorant comments more personally than I should have. It certainly hits a vein in me that illiicits a strong response.

I just hope people would stop being so liberal with throwing that term around. I'm lucky that I'm still able to own a home, and fend for myself, but you'd be shocked at some of the situations I've seen some fathers in. Ya, I went through my tough times, but in todays society, unless you make a certain amount of money, you simply cannot make ends meet with a child support/childcare bill. And YES, they are seperate. Daycare and whatnot are not included in the 25%.

Sometimes the fathers are to blame. But I've actually seen more situations where the blame rests with the custodial parent.

20. Myles Registered Senior Member

You've made your point more than once and no one has pointed a finger at you. So why not leave well alone. You are doing a fine job as a dad. So there's an end of it.

21. VRob Registered Senior Member

Each one of my posts was in response to another.

22. Myles Registered Senior Member

You are right. My fault.

Best wishes,

Myles

23. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Not possible.
    All records of meetings between the Prime Minister and the Queen are off record. But she is not just providing nice tea and biscuits. She has no direct power, but her view has weight.

Prior to Blair and Thatcher, I would probably have wanted the removal of Queen and House of Lords. I've changed my mind.
    These leaders are like dictators, and don't even have to answer to their own cabinet.

So I'll say it again
    "Gawd bless er Majesty", and the House of Lords, European Parliament, Judiciary, the Trade Unions, Fox Hunters, Greenpeace activists, and anyone else who thwarts their ego driven autocracy.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008