Why do you hate freedom?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Roman, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I am quite certain you do, though, considering that my N is always uppercase apart from with you.

Syrians have the freedom we want. Sorry, but we don't want a bunch of faggots walking our streets and pop culture at every corner. So no thanks, we have the freedom we want: freedom to live, freedom to worship, freedom to enjoy life.

You can enjoy the freedom to have gays in your face if you want. We don't need, or want it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I will from now on, to avoid unnecessary disagreements. Deal?
    Some of you, anyway. The rest can submit or leave - you are going to allow them to leave, I hope ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Whatever, but you missed a crucial lesson in respect

Some of us? All good Syrian citizens enjoy equal rights under the Constitution, regardless of religion; there is freedom of religion in Syria

As for those who aren't so happy, yes they can leave (no shit)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

It is a human right to pursue happiness how you want, speak freely, and be able to not be killed.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Roman Banned Banned

Dear sam, please stop trolling my thread with your 3rd world bullshit. No one cares about your starving orphans.

9. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So when you ask why we hate freedoms, it is your freedom we should be concerned with, rather than ours?

Or are you saying the freedom of dead babies in their undead state is not relevant to you?

11. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Dead babies can take care of themselves. We're teachin 'em about Live Free, or Die (muthafucka, urah):bugeye:

12. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Please clarify, I do not understand.

If we are comparing life in Syria to life in America, I think we both know which is better......

The average Life in Syria:

Wake up, the nice air through your window, wake up at around 5 in the morning and go across the street to the grocery store and buy some homos and pita, etc, have breakfast. Go to work, then enjoy the peace and beauty of the country, go to the beach, go to church/mosque, maybe take your kids out to the carnival or whatever, relax at home, etc
    Simply enjoy your life.

It's like one big Beirut

The average Life in America:

Wake up, BILLS BILLS BILLS, go eat breakfast of McDonald's, go outside and see 10 hookers on your block and a whole bunch of gays at your job
    Pay bills, more bills, breathe nasty air, etc

Not so fun.

13. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Further, there is a difference between a formal and civilized way of stating your grievances and the method of the above.

O' yea, what about the guy who was arrested for whatever? You know the one that was tazered, forgot the name of it.

14. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

They shut down debate on Facebook because it was critical of the President al-Assad.

Please explain to me what that online debate was really hurting. A: Al-Assad's feelings, so no more of that! (I suppose having an online debate is "too uncivilized" a way to air grievances? Or, perhaps, it's too "informal"? Tell me, when is the next formal debate on how bad President al-Assad is scheduled? The 4th of Never?)

The point isn't "who's life is better" to me, it's your claim that all Syrians have just as much freedom as they want. If Syrian freedom is at the level you want it, then you are little more than sheep, content to live with the restrictions the wolf places on you. I seriously doubt you can speak for the majority of Syrians on that point, any more than your little narratives about life in Syria and life in the U.S. are universal to all residents of those countries. Argument from caricatures is such an obviously fallacious starting point, that I'm surprised you even bothered.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  15. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

The only freedom we don't have is political, and most Syrians are content with Assad anyway

But religious and cultural freedom is enough. Only politics

Besides, for most citizens they just want to live a good life they could care less about Government

16. Shangorilla Registered Member

So you advocate vigilantism? Lol. I believe we were given the right to bear arms so that we could protect ourselves and rebel should our government become corrupt and inefficient. It even says in the Declaration of Independence that the American people have that right.

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Maybe thats why they dont have political freedom...because they dont care.

18. iceaura Valued Senior Member

I don't know, personally, a single American living that "average life".

If you are content with the freedom of your leash, then you are free, I guess. In a way.

The Syrians who value political freedom - are they content?

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Notice that only the first one of those is inherently evil. The rest are relatively harmless in an of themselves.

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Most citizens don't give a shit about their government anyway......and the Government in Syria isn't restricting the warm oceans, the good life, the beauty and freedom of worship, it isn't restricting the Sony store across the street in Latakia, but it does restrict a bunch of criminals from rising up, and that's good and I'm content with that.

21. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Leash? Leash of what? As I said, the only freedom we don't have is political. We have religious, cultural, historical, and beautiful life so why would people even care? You could say the people of England have no political freedom since England is a Monarchy, but they live a good life.

Further, until my N is capitalized you can forget replies from me. I do not converse with those that do not understand respect.

22. sowhatifit'sdark Valued Senior Member

But let's not confuse your contentedness with the lack of certain freedoms with freedom itself.

And anyone with the slightest knowledge of history would know that when you do not have political freedom 'criminals' will be a group that includes people who are not at all criminals. In fact amongst their members will be people who want more freedom and democracy.

Not to speak about how free women are in your country. Hell, they can't even get a divorce.

23. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What is freedom? In Syria you are free to live a good life, as I said only politically do you have little say. And ultimately Syria is protected by Tyrants in power because of the Syrian constitution, they can be persecuted.

No, I meant criminals like murderers and such. Bashar al-Assad lived in a Democracy, remember. Life is MUCH better under him than under his father.

His father is what you would call a dictator. While I respect his strength, I didn't like his ways.

How free are they? They can do plenty: get jobs, don't have to wear the hijab, etc
    And so what if they can't divorce? Syria isn't the West, and pardon me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't Christianity ban divorce?