Why do you browse here?

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by 420Joey, May 5, 2004.

1. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

I've just noticed the immense amount of posts most users here have, and I'm curious of what is it that motivates you to post here.

I suppose for me it's a mixture of boredom and learning that induces me to spend such a vast amount of time posting away...

For some reason, I get an urge to come here and see what bastard(s) respond to my posts!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Eh - never catch me posting on the weekends though... since I'm out there ...PIMPIN' IT. :m:

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

...it spends time I could be doing homework with...need I say more?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

I'm bored with real life....... this is pretty much my escapade, though I do post here when I need to know about something..

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. caffeine_fubar Dark Dementia is my name... Registered Senior Member

This place is absolutely freakin awesome... a bunch of people, either idiots or geniuses, no offence, joining together to talk about important topics that noone will ever listen to because the people who wont listen are too worried who is having sex with who and who is doing this and that. They dont pay attention to the real stuff in life. If this made no sense, i understand cause im tired and put this together in less than a minute with my UBER typing skills. =D

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Bored with everything really. This is just a stop point between college, gaming and my girlfriend

9. S.O.L Registered Member

I on the other hand, felt like posting in the middle of college time. (which clearly shows that it's boring as hell.)

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Where do you think I am Sol? lol! Why am I asking, I just saw you!

11. TaciDd Registered Member

Another important reason why people post here is because they want to be heard and want to feel important and even be admired.

Forums like this provides a medium for people to express what they probably don't have an opportunity to express in real life. There is an added incentive in that others will read your posts and might even respond.

So I'm posting this particular message in the hope that I've made a interesting and valid point that no one else has realised so far, thus feeling important and maybe even admired. And therefore feeling happy enough to get back to my real life.

12. S.O.L Registered Member

I'm doing "COLLEGE WORK"

but yeah, i'm trying to stop myself from boredom and actually do something! instead of moping around pretending to be depressed.

13. mindless thinker Registered Member

I came here due to the fact that most of the people i have met up here at my college don't like to discuss things such as the light barrier and determinism. Sides, I need something to do while im in class.

14. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

TaciDd,

Well, I read your post and I thought it was pretty damn important and I think you should feel proud of yourself for making an interesting and valid point that I for one hadn't realised so far. I really admire you Tac, and I really, really hope you have a sense of humour.

Cheers
    Teri

15. TaciDd Registered Member

I feel infinitely better about myself now. Thank you Teri. I had no self value until I read your post. Now I can get on with my boring pointless ridiculous real life. I am eternally grateful for your admiration. I'm so proud of myself, just as how very proud you are of your own post. So humorous, so clever, so much smarter than poor little me. Ridicule someone else and thus feeling superior yourself.

And surprisingly, I now feel even better after posting this particular message. How very interesting.

yours
    TaCidD

16. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Any time I can be of assistance, just let me know. I'm happy to be of service.

Eternally yours
    Teri

17. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i post here because of the other posters who post here

18. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I enjoy reading what others have to say.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I don't want to work so I post.

20. TaciDd Registered Member

Oh you are far too kind Teri! What a gentleman/lady!

Actually, my room needs a vacuuming, and my bathroom needs a good scrub. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I await your service.

(another happy post to boost my own self-worth... how lovely.)

TaCidD

21. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

Just some (unofficial) stats on where people spend their time on Sciforums. (Don't ask me why I felt compelled to do this. - I should get a life seriously!)

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Dude, that is so weak! You didn't even close the bracket!

23. scots gael Registered Member

People here like to see the effect their words will have on anyone with a view which differs from their own. Agitation is an inherent human failing, worse when the dogma is a deep rooted belief. But I suppose forums like these can lead to a better understanding of what makes a fanatic, a fanatic.